The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

the huge price difference of 4G broadbands

from different providers, why?

fanisme
post 6.Dec.2013, 02:11 PM
Post #1

There is a huge price difference of 4G broadband from defferent providers. Why???
Telia: 10G 99/month
Tele2: 40G 299/month
Telenor: 8G 299/month
tre: 50G 299/month
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 6.Dec.2013, 03:23 PM
Post #2

coverage, speed, customer service...

we have tele2 now, good speed usually between 10 and 20. We have previously tried Telia and NetoneNet, both had very poor speeds.
+
Rick Methven
post 6.Dec.2013, 06:58 PM
Post #3

Tele2 do some good combo deals covering phone and mobile broadband which are quite good. I find Tele2 4G to be really good and fast.
+
timmah
post 7.Dec.2013, 08:26 PM
Post #4

The prices have gone up recently too. I have an 80GB contract for 349/month from tele2 which is now no longer available, and I think when I last looked a package with a lower limit is now more expensive than that.

We have business contract at work too which is unlimited 4G for the same price, 349/month - again no longer available, a more expensive 100GB capped package replaced it.

These were the best deals when we got them sometime last spring.
+
Gordy
post 10.Dec.2013, 02:06 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (timmah @ 7.Dec.2013, 08:26 PM) *
The prices have gone up recently too. I have an 80GB contract for 349/month from tele2 which is now no longer available, and I think when I last looked a package with a lower ... (show full quote)

Yep, similar experience here,

Telenor had an "unlimited" package up to a few months ago they just reduced your speed at peak times if you exceeded 200GB in the month, I went to sign up and found it had been replaced with a 12GB limit for 399kr a month. So they have gone from one of the best deals available to one of the worst.

Bredbandsbolaget had a 85GB/month limit on a 12 month contract for 299kr a month but it is now 30GB/month on a 24 month contract at 369kr,

In the end I went for 4G from Comviq which is 190kr per month for 20GB on a 24 month contract.

I've had to ban the kids from watching Youtube and we can just about scrap by on the 20GB limit. If you run out they just shut you off not slow down the connection but you can purchase extra capacity, 3GB for 90kr or 20GB for 190kr but as far as I am aware it doesn't roll over into the next month.

I just need to keep saving up to connect the fixed line and be free of caps, but El Tel working for Telia want over 12000kr to make the connection from the cable that runs along our boundary to the cable that we have to provide from the boundary to the house and it's not even fibre. sad.gif
+
Gordy
post 10.Dec.2013, 02:16 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (fanisme @ 6.Dec.2013, 02:11 PM) *
There is a huge price difference of 4G broadband from defferent providers. Why???. Telia: 10G 99/month. Tele2: 40G 299/month . Telenor: 8G 299/month. tre: 50G 299/month

OP you only get 2GB cap with Telia for 99kr. a month if you want the 10GB cap it costs you 399kr a month. blink.gif
+
skogsbo
post 10.Dec.2013, 05:38 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Gordy @ 10.Dec.2013, 02:06 PM) *
I just need to keep saving up to connect the fixed line and be free of caps, but El Tel working for Telia want over 12000kr to make the connection from the cable that runs alo ... (show full quote)

I think telia is going wireless in many places, they are removing the overhead wiring where we are. We've now get our not so 'landline' phone through Phonera, but via a box that plugs into our Tele2 combi router. Other folk who stuck with Telia just got sent a dongle to stick on their window.
+
Hisingen
post 10.Dec.2013, 06:47 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Gordy @ 10.Dec.2013, 02:16 PM) *
OP you only get 2GB cap with Telia for 99kr. a month if you want the 10GB cap it costs you 399kr a month. blink.gif

Yes, I had a contract with Telia which gave 10GB and up to 40MB download at 299/month, the contract expired a month back. Their new pricing gave as stated in the quote. But on going in to Telia and talking to them, it transpired I could carry on with my old rating, and so now I am still getting the 10GB with (checked on Bredbandskollen just now) currently 30MB down and 7MB up for 299/month. That suffices for the two of us here. Telia do not always tell you what is available, so it is up to you to visit their store to get the best deals. Mrs Hisingen got a good phone deal from them around the same time, that, too, via a visit.
It proves that the personal approach often pays dividends. When shopping for any pricy stuff, I usually make an effort to bargain, and mostly it pays off. Folks will sell at a little lower price rather than completely lose a customer.
+
Gordy
post 10.Dec.2013, 07:47 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 10.Dec.2013, 05:38 PM) *
I think telia is going wireless in many places, they are removing the overhead wiring where we are. We've now get our not so 'landline' phone through Phonera, but ... (show full quote)

We are in a (decent sized) village and all the phone lines are under ground so I don't think (hope) there is any fear of them ripping them out, however because of the high cost of a landline connection (I think it's a minimum of 10000kr) anyone I know that has moved in to a new house in the last few years has gone with 3 or 4G instead. There is a mast less than 750m away from us which most of the providers have 4G on with the exception of Tre.

How do you find Phonera Skogsbo? When we moved I ported our old landline number to Cellip and have it on the 4G connection, it's a reasonable service and cheap but I do find that there is a bit of a pregnant pause between dialing a number and it starting to give a ring tone. Bearable but not nearly as good as the Irish IP phone I also have running here from a company called Blueface so I know the issue is a technical one with Cellip rather than with the 4G.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: