The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
35 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »    Reply to this topic

My experience "trying" to move to Sweden

Please god, just end me now

SmokerT69
post 24.May.2018, 10:41 AM
Post #106

Might as well update this, it's been another 4 months. Had an Italian friend from SFI help me out. Apparently she was having the same problems as me. They made her buy insurence and sent her all over the place to different towns and cites. She didn't get sent to a refugee center like me though, so I still have one up on her.

I've applied for a residency permit on the basis of moving to a family member and I'll just wait on that. She said she's been waiting for 5 months, so I'm guessing this will take another year or so lol. Wife and I are moving to a new apartment downtown, kid just started förskola. All is well.

As for the residency permit. It had some really weird questions on it. And it kept warning me to not write anything about leaving my country or applying for asylum as it may be dangerous. Is the UK sending out hit squads on Brits moving to Sweden? Also, asylum? And it asked me why I wasn't getting asylum for my daughter as well, who is gonna raise her and tons of other weird questions to which I simply replied, "she's Swedish". It also wanted to know the names, birthdays and location of my 4 siblings and parents etc. How is that relevant to my residence? And finally thry wanted to know if a lawyer was helping me?

My wife then received an email and had to prove she was working and paying taxes? I guess now I just play the waiting game. Hopefully I get sorted before brexit lol... Well, then again, at skattsverket they told me they can't do anything because of Brexit already. So maybe I'm already fucked hahahaha
Go to the top of the page
+
JonG
post 24.May.2018, 05:28 PM
Post #107

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 24.Nov.2017, 01:09 AM) *
FYI - I know someone who recently moved from UK with husband, SFI was a 6 month wait. . I remember it was usually a week or two wait.

6 months? I'd have been delighted with only a 6 month wait. It took over a year before I could start SFI.

The first 4 months were waiting for skatteverket to bless me with a person nummer, because my kommun were adamant it's impossible to register for SFI without one (I've since discovered this is a massive lie). Then 8 months waiting for my kommun to have space to accommodate me on an SFI course.
+
Svedallas
post 24.May.2018, 06:34 PM
Post #108

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 24.May.2018, 11:41 AM) *
Might as well update this, it's been another 4 months. Had an Italian friend from SFI help me out. Apparently she was having the same problems as me. They made her buy ins ... (show full quote)

You know what, it wasn't this bad, say 8 years ago...

MV did have to deal with all the problems that they have had to with all the real and fake asylum seekers. Complete mess of a situation. And with elections just months away, they may have to toughen up and improve.

On the plus, keep on with the swedish, full time if you can. You will be later grateful...and will open many opportunities later on.

Such a hassle! Good luck!!!!!
+
SmokerT69
post 24.May.2018, 08:57 PM
Post #109

QUOTE (JonG @ 24.May.2018, 06:28 PM) *
6 months? I'd have been delighted with only a 6 month wait. It took over a year before I could start SFI. The first 4 months were waiting for skatteverket to bless me with ... (show full quote)

Yea,I was told by skattsverket that I can't do SFI unless I have a personummer as well. Then they proceeded to tell me I can't have one anyway lol. My SFI school just let me use another guys number that left.

Sweden has to be one of the most complicated countries on the planet to move to lol. You would think being married to a Swede and having Swedish children would make it easier, but apparently that doesn't matter. One of the guys in my class had to hire a lawyer because they tried to deport him. He's married to a Swed and has 3 swedish children. Meanwhile the refugees in my school, which account for about 60%+ of the students have a personummer and get paid to go. Top keks. Myself, the Italian and a Costa Rican got into an argument with them recently because one of them said they don't want to pass SFI because then they won't get money for going. I personally thought they only get money if they finish SFI, but apparently they get money monthly just for showing up. Must be nice
+
Svedallas
post 25.May.2018, 02:34 PM
Post #110

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 24.May.2018, 09:57 PM) *
Yea,I was told by skattsverket that I can't do SFI unless I have a personummer as well. Then they proceeded to tell me I can't have one anyway lol. My SFI school just ... (show full quote)

Honestly, I could not agree more.

Many of the asylum seekers are fake. Lets not get into how they skipped 6/7 countries and bypass the dublin agreement, and come here for benefits.

But to top it all off, the keep failing SFI deliberately, and keep getting money. I think the politicians are changing that in a few months. The proposal is that if they do not complete in a certain period they get kicked out.

I once met a lady who was on SFI for 3 years. She is now working. But I could not believe my ears.

And she did not have to show up either.
I am completely hating the migration policies. Hopefully next government will take charge of the complete mess they created.
+
Gjeebes
post 25.May.2018, 05:56 PM
Post #111

"Hopefully next government will take charge of the complete mess they created."

Baahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Good luck with that. If anything I would bet on them making it worse.

Tis the self-adoring, ego-inflated tradition of über-progressive Meatballia.

Great entertainment from afar!

OP, just remember, Swedes are happy just to have air to breath. Just think in terms of "lowered expectations", remember that "lagom" = "mediocrity"; give up all hope and you will become more Swedish than the Swedes.

Sweden is a first world, "civilised" country on paper only. In reality, it is like a retarded 3rd world child that found a big wad of cash in the abandoned warehouse it lives in.
+
intrepidfox
post 25.May.2018, 07:19 PM
Post #112

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 25.May.2018, 01:34 PM) *
I am completely hating the migration policies. Hopefully next government will take charge of the complete mess they created.

Actually all this shit started with the last government with that wanker Reinfeldt opening his arms and saying welcome to Sweden
+
SmokerT69
post 25.May.2018, 09:19 PM
Post #113

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 25.May.2018, 06:56 PM) *
"Hopefully next government will take charge of the complete mess they created."Baahahahahahahaaaaaaa!Good luck with that. If anything I would bet on them making ... (show full quote)

While I don't disagree that many things about this country seem completely backwards. I wouldn't say its any worse than the rest of Europe. The entire EU as a whole needs to get their shit together. It's always Europe and their former colonies, ie Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc that have to help everyone on the planet. I don't see news reports about Japan or South Korean not taking in enough refugees.

I mean the fact that when we confronted our teacher about what the refugees said in class, about not wanting to pass so they can keep getting money. And we were told that we should "understand" because they have had it bad. Well... that says it all.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 25.May.2018, 10:05 PM
Post #114

It is a sad thing that those who are exceptionally compassionate to the plight of others less fortunate than they are usually taken advantage of...

It seems that good guys usually finish last and sad for their efforts, is a sad truth we have to live with...

Time will tell...Mass deportation...Anyone???
+
Gjeebes
post 26.May.2018, 05:11 AM
Post #115

Well, they do know how to work together though when they know they might be able to pull off some good PR.

Here is the quintessential "Swedes-standing-together-with-flag-raised" photo-op:

Attached Image
+
Cheeseroller
post 26.May.2018, 10:05 AM
Post #116

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 25.May.2018, 10:19 PM) *
The entire EU as a whole needs to get their shit together.

There was a scandal in the last days here in Germany across the media. Two footballers in the National team, of Turkish origin (although born in Germany), were photographed with Erdogan. One wore a football shirt that said "with respect to my President".
Source: https://www.focus.de/politik/deutschland/ko...id_8931380.html

And that us not unusual - many German-Turks support Erdogan, just as many German-Russians support Putin.

In Europe we seem to be spectacularly unsuccessful to integrate migrants and generate loyalty to their country - even the children of the migrants. Compared to the USA, where migrants are proud to become citizens.

Something to do with the free handouts given in Europe perhaps?

Either way, glad I will not be here in 50 years to see the Sharia states in Europe.
+
cheeseburger
post 31.May.2018, 06:17 PM
Post #117

Hello to the forum.
This is my first post, i don't know if i must post first in an introduction type thread, if that is the case, sorry.
I have some concerns about moving to Sweden, although my gf is already working there, but reading the posts of the OP made me think twice LOL.

I am afraid of that could happen to me, i mean, spending one year without the PN, because my mind wouldn't handdle that time without working and pressure.
I am from Spain and have the money and a GF with already PN, but reading this thread made me think that it may not be enough to getting the golden PN.

I have spent 5 years in the army in Spain and other sitthy jobs and dropout two different bachelor degrees, so i don't have very desireble "normal" skills to get a job fast in Sweden. So i don't think i could get a job before the PN.

Are my concerns legit?

Thank you all, and good luck to the bermudian ex soldier.
+
Case officer
post 31.May.2018, 10:48 PM
Post #118

QUOTE (cheeseburger @ 31.May.2018, 07:17 PM) *
I have spent 5 years in the army in Spain and other sitthy jobs and dropout two different bachelor degrees, so i don't have very desireble "normal" skills to get ... (show full quote)

Spanish citizens and their family members who can support themselves without being a burden to Swedish welfare are welcome any day to move to Sweden.

Apart from this, Sweden does not have free immigration for Spanish people. If you have a husband/wife/cohabiting partner in Sweden who is a resident here you can be granted a residence permit. The exact rules will depend on which status your girlfriend has in Sweden and for how long you have lived together.
+
Cheeseroller
post 31.May.2018, 11:00 PM
Post #119

You would need to prove that you were both cohabiting for a reasonable period of time. Ideally being able to show both names on electricity, gas bills or joint contract on rented flat in Spain.
+
SmokerT69
post 31.May.2018, 11:26 PM
Post #120

QUOTE (cheeseburger @ 31.May.2018, 07:17 PM) *
Hello to the forum.This is my first post, i don't know if i must post first in an introduction type thread, if that is the case, sorry.I have some concerns about moving to ... (show full quote)

I think you have to had lived together for 2 years or more and prove it. With utility bills and so on. I go to school with EU citizens from Italy, and Germany. The Germans found a way to get a personummer easily. They sold stuff online and kept copies of the bills. Basically told the skattsverket that they had a business which was enough to get a personummer. Myself and the Italian are going the route of moving to a family member in Sweden. So hopefully we'll get a residence permit that way. Even if you have enough money to support yourself it doesn't seem to matter. I tried to apply for a personummer that way and they told me I had to prove I was going to stay here for more than a year. I've now been here for more than a year and they want me to prove I'll stay another year. It's basically impossible to move here that way.

Good luck.
+

35 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: