The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7   Reply to this topic

Please! Is there ONE good Indian restaurant in Stockholm?

The Fountainhead
post 11.Apr.2006, 05:07 PM
Post #91

Guys, I have to say this. If you ever go to Prgaue try the Indian resturant called Roti. It is one of the best Indian resturants I have been to you in Europe.

Freddo, making imli chuttney should be simple. I made it once and it turned out to be really good. Will search for a good recipe and post soon.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Mahmood*
post 11.Apr.2006, 05:30 PM
Post #92

QUOTE (Fredde)
Yeah and also Parantha. Aloo walla parantha is the best!! or with Mooli. Mother in law puts all sorts of herbs and seeds into her rotis (chapatis). They simply rock! She has also made chapati with yoghurt in them. extremely soft almost naan like feeling.

Also cant resist a nice puri (deep fried bread). Sure not very healthy but nice wink.gif

One thing I find so cool is the way that she takes the roti off the tawa (skillet) and puts it right on the gasflame so it puffs up. I can never do it as I burn my fingers all the time smile.gif

Mahmood do you know any Imbli (tamarind) based chutneys/sauces that are easy to make?
I oven bake mogo chips as a nice little finger food and make a simple sauce with red chilli powder, imbli, little bit of garam masala. Always interested in ideas.

Btw.. gotta learn how to make pakoras.. had some absolutely kick ass palak and paneer pakoras the other day.. wow.

I make a pretty good aloo papri chaat as well.

Fredde, you continue to impress me.

Pratha making is ofcourse an art but making it at home is getting less popular as most men and women prefer to buy a frozen pratha now a days. Anyone who has eaten a homemade one knows the difference.

And puri, wow, well it is a bit heavy but the taste can easily make anyone compromise a little bit of calorie count. Taste best with Halwa and Channa salan (Chick pea).

Chappati making on tawwa is a tricky thing. Some even make it directly on stove. Needs lots of skill and a subtle movement of hand.

Imli ki Chatni, thats one method I use,

Ingredients:
Imli (tamarind) :1/2 cup
Sugar:1/2 cup
Salt :1 tbs
Chilli powder:1tbs
vinegar:2 tbs

Method:
Dip Imli (tamarind) in water and boil it for 10 minutes. Remove the seeds. Add sugar, salt, Red chilli powder. Cook it well for 20 min.Now add vinegar in it. cook for 3 min It is ready to serve.

I have posted Pakora (plain) recipe in the other curry thread under curry recipe. Easiest thing to make. Make improvisations as you like. smile.gif
+
Fredde
post 12.Apr.2006, 10:41 AM
Post #93

QUOTE (Mahmood)
Chappati making on tawwa is a tricky thing. Some even make it directly on stove. Needs lots of skill and a subtle movement of hand.

Some of my chapatis are better used in combat than for food. Anyone who has had Swedish pansarkex will understand what I am talking about.

QUOTE (Mahmood)
Imli ki Chatni, thats one method I use,

Ingredients:
Imli (tamarind) :1/2 cup
Sugar:1/2 cup
Salt :1 tbs
Chilli powder:1tbs
vinegar:2 tbs

Method:
Dip Imli (tamarind) in water and boil it for 10 minutes. Remove the seeds. Add sugar, salt, Red chilli powder. Cook it well for 20 min.Now add vinegar in it. cook for 3 min It is ready to serve.

Ah thanks for the recepie. Will try it out. I also think that a nice imli sauce/chutney can really zing up a dahl as well. Personally I prefer my dahl with a plenty of flavour. I think that masoor and split chana works quite well together. Punjabi diet kept me zinging through my MSc.. just bought 40 kg of dahl and johl and some spices. Staple food innit. Add lots of fresh veggies from Southall markets and who needs a lot of money?
+

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: