The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Finding a job in Malmö

Or how to survive as an unemployed student

refreshedsuggestion
post 4.Sep.2018, 06:07 PM
Post #1

Alright, I get it, there are a lot of topics about finding a job in Sweden. But I'm still hopeful.
So, I've been living here for a year and a half. I'm in my third year of a rather bullshit but potentially lucrative bachelor's degree and I'm studying Svenska som andra språk at Komvux (which will eventually give me access to actually qualifying education in Sweden + some of that CSN money). I speak enough Swedish for having succeeded going to not one but TWO job interviews (!). I would have maybe gotten those jobs, had I not been in concurrence with Swedish speakers on the one side and Instegsjobbare on the other.
I apply to literally every job offer and have no problem cleaning hotel rooms, by the way. So, I'm looking for ALL kinds of tips. If you have some obscure knowledge about how to charm a Swedish employer, or how to make money online filling surveys or writing essays, or whatever really... I'd be more than grateful!
Next step is going around and physically handing out CVs to every single employer in Malmö. I would rather not do so. Thank you so much!
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 4.Sep.2018, 09:29 PM
Post #2

Contacts and networks are key. Join clubs of things that interest you, not the university club of x and y, but the club's in town that have natives. Apart from being good for your Swedish you'll meet locals and the world is a small place so you never who your future employer could be.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: