The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

The Swedish dream was always too good to be true.

And now the far right is back

skogsbo
post 17.May.2019, 07:05 AM
Post #31

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 17.May.2019, 05:04 AM) *
Yea, cool. What is your point? Why do you always speak from a point of inferiority? No one here is saying or implying America is superior. Now how about Sweden’s actions dur ... (show full quote)

I think all Swedes are well aware of what their history is.

Perhaps the argument is they are less bad than other nations?
Go to the top of the page
+
Saywhatwhat
post 17.May.2019, 09:01 AM
Post #32

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 17.May.2019, 08:05 AM) *
I think all Swedes are well aware of what their history is. . Perhaps the argument is they are less bad than other nations?

No, they aren’t.

I’d prefer an honest criminal to a dishonest one.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.May.2019, 02:46 PM
Post #33

"I think all Swedes are well aware of what their history is."

Sweden's role in WWII was a classic exercise in diplomacy brought about by the need to protect its lands and peoples...

Surrounded for the second time by crazed war mongers it walked a virtual tightrope and survived that madness unscathed, a most brilliant accomplishment considering that the war lunacy gobbled up most of the world...

And for this great accomplishment there are those that condemn their efforts and denounce them as acts of cowardice...

An outstanding act of cowardice was perpetrated by none other than Neville Chamberlain a man whose bravery was illustrated by him kissing Hitler's boots and giving him somebody else's country to save his own "bum"!!!

And so began the horror known as WWII...It seems the first one did not satisfy the blood lust of the people who deem Sweden as cowardly...
+
Bsmith
post 17.May.2019, 03:55 PM
Post #34

A lot of left leaning liberal types second guess Harry S. Truman's decision to drop the H bomb on Japan. However, they weren't there and the decision was not theirs to make. Most historians agree that, however horrible, dropping the bomb(s) ultimately saved more lives than it took.

Sweden's decision to side with the Nazis seems distasteful and disgraceful now, but in light of what Sweden was facing at the time, may just well have been the best option for the Swedish people overall.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.May.2019, 04:15 PM
Post #35

What is conveniently forgotten is the plain fact that Sweden sided with nobody!!!

Had she sided with the Axis powers she would have been sanctioned and punished by the winners...and we all know that NEVER happened!!!
+
Gjeebes
post 17.May.2019, 06:48 PM
Post #36

Simply wow for the complete BS on this particular thread-page.

We have heard from the Skoogsies, Meatballia's ugliest self-righteous Man-Cheerleader.

We've heard from the Gamla who just makes it up as he goes along. A proud decedent of, but whom has never lived in, Meatballia. (maybe finally your time to conduct the old duct tape/plastic bag routine, on yourself, in just the very same way you described it to that one OP a couple years back)

And BSmith...for shame. I mean Gamla's an utter moron, but you...there was such hope lol!

There are yet others who feel that Truman dropped the bomb on Japan simply as a warning to the Soviets of what would happen if they didn't comply with the NWO, single-handedly forcing the Iron Curtain to be established.
+
Bsmith
post 17.May.2019, 10:11 PM
Post #37

And there are some who feel that the 9-11 attack on the World Trade Center was planned by the US. And there are some who feel that the 1969 moon landing was a hoax. And there are some who deny the Holocaust ever happened. And so on...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 18.May.2019, 12:12 AM
Post #38

And there are some that believe Sweden supported Nazi Germany too... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
+
Gjeebes
post 18.May.2019, 04:49 AM
Post #39

"And there are some that believe Sweden supported Nazi Germany too... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif"

Yes, the native Swede who wrote the piece that is the focus of this thread certainly does, and has apparently written a book about it.

But your confusion is understandable as many mix-up Switzerland with Meatballia (and in this case, even fellow Meatballs, as you claim to be, can't get it straight).

And what's next Gamla, you will tell us the Holocaust didn't happen either?

"My readers seemed unaware of the full extent of Swedish complicity with Nazi Germany during the war. This is one reason that I have returned to the subject in my latest book – revealing how, from July 1940 to November 1941, a total of 686,000 German soldiers travelled by train through Sweden to occupied Norway, and how, in spite of the best efforts of the Allies, Sweden had covertly continued to export ball-bearings to Nazi Germany, making an important contribution to rearmament."

And thanks for the straw-man BSmith. I had never connected the dots that nuking Japan unnecessarily might be a hoax, which I suppose is what you are implying with your moon landing comments. Or was that offered more as a desperate attempt to make yourself feel better, knowing that there is no real way to motivate that dropping the nukes can be in any way rationalised as a positive thing?

Fact is, the Meatballs did nothing to stop Hitler. That is what they will be most remembered for with respect to WWII. Well that, and allowing high ranking Nazi's to own flats, which they then used for vacationing with Meatballian crack whores of the time, during breaks from front-line fighting. Oh, and knowingly having had confiscated Jewish marked gold bars melted down to conceal the origins, etc, etc ,etc.
+
skogsbo
post 18.May.2019, 06:33 AM
Post #40

Gjeebes I don't think there was anything covert about ball bearing transport... it was known.. just like the iron ore. But, just because the political class made a decision 70-80 years ago mean that a person born decades after agrees with it.

If you wrote a list of nations who ignored all the warning signs and even sat on their hands for a year or two, it wouldn't just include sweden!

I'm no defender of Sweden's track record on ww2 but they were vastly different times globally. US and UK political and business elite were still having dinner parties in Berlin when Germany marched across Poland.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 18.May.2019, 07:13 AM
Post #41

This is what successive generations of swedes are taught...

http://www.jcpa.org/phas/phas-zuroff-f02.htm

In the in the 40’s and 50’s do nothing, in the 60’s do nothing, in the 80’s do nothing, in the 2000’s do nothing.

Bury your heads in the sand and keep telling yourself you are a good Swede.

And funny because if anyone reads it, a lot rings true today about Sweden’s handling of isis members/ supporters/ other criminals.

Sweden’s dumbass told the world they are a leader in holocaust education but they can’t even educate themselves... or MOST IMPORTANTLY, especially in relation to the main article of this thread that none of you can read or comment on, they can’t examine themselves to realize the errors/ faults in their ways...
+
Bsmith
post 18.May.2019, 12:30 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 18.May.2019, 04:49 AM) *
Or was that offered more as a desperate attempt to make yourself feel better, knowing that there is no real way to motivate that dropping the nukes can be in any way rationalised as a positive thing?

Desperate attempt to make myself feel better...from what? I wasn't yet born when the bomb was dropped. And rationalizing that nukes are good? I know of no such thing. If dropping the bomb brought a quicker end to the war and ultimately saved more lives than it took, how cannot that be considered positive? Would it be better if such terrible measures were not necessary? Sure, and while were at it let's eliminate all war, famine, disease, rap music and mosquitoes. Hate those friggin' things.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 18.May.2019, 12:54 PM
Post #43

I think it was an incredible stroke of luck that Sweden found a monetary reward by selling goods to those that used them to kill each other...

Why not take advantage of the murderous hearts and souls of European war mongers by helping them to destroy themselves...

Aahh the joys of neutrality...and a great way to make a buck!!!

Need help killing your neighbor??? laugh.gif
+
Saywhatwhat
post 18.May.2019, 03:31 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 18.May.2019, 01:12 AM) *
And there are some that believe Sweden supported Nazi Germany too... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Do yourself a favor and read this... https://1997-2001.state.gov/regions/eur/rpt...6_ng_sweden.pdf

Anyone interested in history should.

Sweden was punished... businesses sanctioned, blockades made, public embarrassment on the world stage. During the war, the allies considered letting Sweden fall into economic plight with lengthier blockades of imports because they kept helping Germany. That is not neutrality. Lengthy investigations. It’s all there. It all happened. The allies pressured Sweden and “squeezed” them to get something out of them BECAUSE they were too buddy buddy with Germany.

It’s all ignored and forgotten.

Perhaps the a bomb wouldn’t have been dropped if Sweden stopped supplying the Nazis with vital resources... prior to 1944...
+
skogsbo
post 18.May.2019, 06:44 PM
Post #45

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 18.May.2019, 02:31 PM) *
Perhaps the a bomb wouldn’t have been dropped if Sweden stopped supplying the Nazis with vital resources... prior to 1944...

Flaw... the bombs were dropped Japan.
+

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: