• Sweden's news in English
  Reply to this topic

Banking Question (Urgent!)

Lost my card!

post 1.Apr.2016, 10:27 PM
Post #1

I was a bit unfortunate today and I lost my debit card. Thankfully, I somehow managed to block it without having any losses.

However, I need to withdraw money somehow, and, I am wondering how would this be possible during the weekend? In some other countries you can use one-time codes generated from the bank and sent to the iPhone e-banking app
in order to be able to withdraw money (charging your account) from a nearby ATM for example (using that code without card) in a case of emergency or whatever other reason.

So, is there something similar to this or something else that could help?

Cheers for any input!
Go to the top of the page
post 2.Apr.2016, 02:58 AM
Post #2

Here in the US, I have to go to the teller and ask.

And then run 400 questions by me because Bank of America wants you to swipe your card at the counter, too.

I've never heard of this one time thing.
post 3.Apr.2016, 09:43 AM
Post #3

Is this an April Fool?
You will need to either borrow some money from a friend or neighbour, or get somebody to wire you some money to something like Forex.
I have also seen that begging outside of ICA is very lucrative, but you might have to turf a g i m m i g r a n t off their spot.
post 3.Apr.2016, 06:08 PM
Post #4

with out a card you cant do anything. Banking is done online or with a card and most bank without a card they will not help you

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: