The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Spouse visa application for Work Permit Holder

Can Non-permanent WP Holder apply online for Spous

local_in_overseas
post 19.Feb.2013, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Hi,

Can a Non-EU Citizen residing in sweden in a work permit and passing his 3rd year (Not permanent resident holder yet) apply via online (Migrationsverket website) ? I have tried it but its not accepting my Personal no saying that I am not a permanent resident holder and thus my personal number is not accepted in the application process. Besides, it recommends to apply using downloadable forms. Do any non-permanent WP Resident Holder apply via online or faced any same situation ? I want to apply from outside EU from my own country via online to speed up the process. I have heard from friends that they had submitted application in the local embassy but it was delayed compared to people submitted online.

Tack i förhand..
Go to the top of the page
+
Kibiri
post 19.Feb.2013, 03:14 PM
Post #2

I have two friends who applied from within Sweden, by handing in paper forms personally, to change from student visa to spouse visa. I guess wp->spouse should be similar. Both processes were relatively fast, maybe around 2 months. It seems that these do not to go to the same queue as the people applying from abroad - Or maybe it was more to do with the work load of migrationsverket (or even particular office) at the time.
+
axiom
post 19.Feb.2013, 03:34 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (local_in_overseas @ 19.Feb.2013, 03:00 PM) *
I have tried it but its not accepting my Personal no saying that I am not a permanent resident holder and thus my personal number is not accepted in the application process.

Now this sounds silly maybe an error somewhere, why would a permanent resident holder be applying for anything?
+
Yorkshireman
post 19.Feb.2013, 03:44 PM
Post #4

If you mean, as it implies in the title, that your spouse wishes to apply for a resident permit to be with you who has a work permit ...then it can only be done online when you make the application for work permit... ie. the spouse was going to come with you. But now, since it isn't a joint application, your spouse is assumed to be outside of Sweden, and You inside Sweden ...so your spouse application must be done at the embassy.
+
local_in_overseas
post 19.Feb.2013, 07:24 PM
Post #5

Sorry for being not very clear. What I mean is " I am in WP (not yet permanent resident) in Sweden and my wife would like to join me now from a non-eu country". I can submit her application in Sweden or she can do it from the local embassy but I would like to do it by online. Its not from Student to WP or my spouse working ..

I am trying to apply for her from online but it seems that I cant do that as the online application form is not accepting my personal no. by saying that I am not permanent resident in sweden so they cant find my personal no. In stead its saying to do this by downloading application form. Hope this make sense now. Thanks !
+
Case officer
post 19.Feb.2013, 08:17 PM
Post #6

It is not possible for your spouse to apply online, at least not yet. She will have to submit her application to a Swedish embassy or consulate. She will have to submit an application form, copy of her valid passport, copy of your marriage certificate (translated to Swedish or English) and a letter from you where you invite her to join you in Sweden.

The online application you fail to use is meant for spouses to Swedish and EU citizens and Swedish residents with a permanent residence permit.
+
local_in_overseas
post 20.Feb.2013, 08:27 AM
Post #7

You prove the name Case Officer smile.gif. Thanks a lot ! A last question, will the embassy send a questionnaire to me after submitting my application ? Any other practical info ? Thanks again !
+
Case officer
post 20.Feb.2013, 08:02 PM
Post #8

No questionnaire. A decision can be made with the marriage certificate and your invitation. Also, check that your wife's passport is valid for at least two years. A residence permit is never issued for longer than the passport is valid, also it may be troublesome to extend or renew a passport in Sweden.
+
dba.se
post 15.Jan.2014, 06:00 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Case officer @ 20.Feb.2013, 07:02 PM) *
No questionnaire. A decision can be made with the marriage certificate and your invitation. Also, check that your wife's passport is valid for at least two years. A reside ... (show full quote)

Hi "CaseOfficer",

I have read through your comments posted in response " Spouse visa application for Work Permit Holder
Can Non-permanent WP Holder apply online for Spouse" And surely you seem to have good insight into this category.
I thought perhaps you would be able to give me a more educated guess.

- I have a very similar case.I am working in Sweden for the past 3+ years on a WP (medical doctor). I recently got married with a non-eu citizen and she would like to join me. We have now been over with the application submission @ a embassy in home country.

Q) The question is, how long do we need to wait for the decision ?

(As you might guess where i am coming from, I do know that,from migrationsverket website waiting time est.is 14 months etc. for Settlement permit ( spouse of a swedish citizen/permanent resident). My spouse has not applied for settlement permit but for a residence permit ( as a co-applicant). Migrationsverket site doesn't explicitly state waiting time for my spouse's categeory. JFYI, I already hold a valid Workpermit
+
Case officer
post 16.Jan.2014, 07:49 AM
Post #10

Processing time is 11 - 14 months.
+
friendonlyyours
post 16.Jan.2014, 09:22 AM
Post #11

Waiting time answer by Migrations will be always as written on website, I suppose 11-14 months now but in your case it did't take more than 1-3 months in actual if you already have visa and your spouse documents are clear.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: