The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Contacted by Arbetstörmedlingen

Contacted by them job offer

Caribbean guy/Swedish Gal
post 4.Sep.2009, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Got a call from them yesterday a potential employer whats to have an meeting with me, he knows my swedish skills are limited and i am in SFI Akademik.

Has Arbetstörmedlingen ever contacted anyone before with a potential employer?

your Thoughts on this? Anything i should know?

Thanks Cheers cool.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
gplusa
post 4.Sep.2009, 02:41 PM
Post #2

While I didn't get my job through Arbetsförmedlingen, they did help my employer out with financial incentives. Which in turn made me a better prospect. If the employer is offering a praktikplats for the first couple of months then AMS will pay you directly a small amount each month. Just enough for bus fares and lunches. And they will write a contract between themselves and your employer. If it is for a fully paid test period (anställningsprövning), you get paid a proper salary but your employer, but they recover about 75% of that back from Arbetsförmedlingen. For up to 6 months. So again, it's a good deal for the employer. In short, AMS will help a lot to get you off their books. I was very impressed with the amount of effort they went to for me. I doubt that they would be sending you off to an interview if they hadn't already done a lot of the background work already with the employer, regarding you, and salaries. Good luck.
+
post 4.Sep.2009, 04:30 PM
Post #3

Thanks alot for your reply

Actually the meeting/interview will be with myself my case worker and the the employer.

I hope this works out well!
+
Puffin
post 4.Sep.2009, 04:46 PM
Post #4

Hopefully this will work out as a great opportunity

Make sure you go as you can be de-registered from Arbetsförmedling - and a-kassa if you don't take up job possibilities
+
post 5.Sep.2009, 12:00 AM
Post #5

I am very exicted about this job placement opportunity, i would take it even if it means working for swedish experience and exposure to the swedish workforce...
+
gplusa
post 5.Sep.2009, 07:46 AM
Post #6

That's the way to approach it. The key is to get some kind of, any kind of, Swedish work history. No one really cares what you've done in your home country, they value what you've done in Sweden. That's not a bash on Sweden, it's the same for any new immigrant into a new country, local history is like gold. My advice is to treat any opportunity as a stepping stone towards where you ultimately want to be.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: