The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
123 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications for Swedish citizenship

Share your experience!

good_luck_1
post 30.Mar.2017, 07:47 AM
Post #226

QUOTE (lelu @ 29.Mar.2017, 01:20 PM) *
Not actually. They just wrote that they have already examined it and they will not need it anymore, mentioning that I should not send it back. They didnt mention anything abou ... (show full quote)

Can you please type that swedish text that u got in a letter from MV?
I would like to compare them and see if there are some differences. They never mentioned in mine that I don't need to send it back ...
Go to the top of the page
+
Scottish
post 30.Mar.2017, 10:54 AM
Post #227

So here is the update, I finally got a decision after waiting for 16 months and 20 days. And guess what ? It's positive.
+
raspberrypi
post 30.Mar.2017, 01:29 PM
Post #228

QUOTE (Scottish @ 30.Mar.2017, 11:54 AM) *
So here is the update, I finally got a decision after waiting for 16 months and 20 days. And guess what ? It's positive.

Heartiest congratulations from us biggrin.gif. Did they ask the passport back to take the decision? If so, how long they took to decide after getting it back?
+
Scottish
post 30.Mar.2017, 01:43 PM
Post #229

QUOTE (raspberrypi @ 30.Mar.2017, 02:29 PM) *
Heartiest congratulations from us biggrin.gif. Did they ask the passport back to take the decision? If so, how long they took to decide after getting it back?

Thanks @raspberrypi, I was assigned a case office on 20th March, 2017. All communication with the case officer was done via email because I felt it was faster, easier and more calming way to get words out.

The case officer requested I give it some time to do the necessary background checks and , having completed the background checks, the case officer got back to me on 24th March, thus requesting for my passport and PUT card. Sent it in during the weekend and it arrived on 28th March. The decision was made yesterday - 29th March.
+
sfk
post 30.Mar.2017, 03:06 PM
Post #230

QUOTE (Scottish @ 30.Mar.2017, 01:43 PM) *
The decision was made yesterday - 29th March.

Congratulations
+
wondering_again
post 30.Mar.2017, 06:58 PM
Post #231

QUOTE (Scottish @ 30.Mar.2017, 01:43 PM) *
Thanks @raspberrypi, I was assigned a case office on 20th March, 2017. All communication with the case officer was done via email because I felt it was faster, easier and more ... (show full quote)

Congratulations to you !!

Did the case officer contact you when the case was picked up ? Did you contact them before ?

Also did you communicate in Swedish with the case officer ?
+
Martian
post 30.Mar.2017, 07:16 PM
Post #232

QUOTE (Scottish @ 30.Mar.2017, 10:54 AM) *

A big contratulations to you!!
+
dr_MadGeek
post 30.Mar.2017, 08:11 PM
Post #233

QUOTE (Scottish @ 30.Mar.2017, 11:54 AM) *

Congratulations smile.gif
+
Scottish
post 31.Mar.2017, 07:56 AM
Post #234

QUOTE (wondering_again @ 30.Mar.2017, 07:58 PM) *
Congratulations to you !! . Did the case officer contact you when the case was picked up ? Did you contact them before ? . Also did you communicate in Swedish with the case officer ?

Thanks everyone. @wondering_again, I actually contact MV customer service to find out if it was assigned. And yes, it was. So i got the phone contacts and email address of the case officer in question. Like I said, i didn't place any call directly to the case office because I preferred the email alternative better. I initiated the conversation (first in English ) with the case officer and explained that it much quick and preferred to communicate via email. I got my all replies in Swedish and I did reply as well from there on in Swedish. But I don't think language is key since they also understand English as well and it's not even a requirement.
+
lelu
post 31.Mar.2017, 09:24 AM
Post #235

QUOTE (good_luck_1 @ 30.Mar.2017, 08:47 AM) *
Can you please type that swedish text that u got in a letter from MV?I would like to compare them and see if there are some differences. They never mentioned in mine that I do ... (show full quote)

Yes, sure.
The text is this: 'Vi har granskat ditt hemlandspass. MV behöver därmed inte längre handlingen och vi ber dig därför att inte skicka tillbaka handlingen till oss.'

What did they wrote to you?
+
good_luck_1
post 31.Mar.2017, 09:29 AM
Post #236

QUOTE (lelu @ 31.Mar.2017, 09:24 AM) *
Yes, sure.The text is this: 'Vi har granskat ditt hemlandspass. MV behöver därmed inte längre handlingen och vi ber dig därför att inte skicka tillbaka handlingen til ... (show full quote)

" Vi har vid första genomgång av ditt ärende granskat ditt hemlandspass. Migrationsverket behöver därmed inte längre handlingen och därför skickar vi tillbaka den till dig. Detta påverkar inte din plats i kön. "

So it is a completely different text that we got. Possibly you gonna get a decision soon if they didnt mention the horror "queue" word in your letter.
+
lelu
post 31.Mar.2017, 10:17 AM
Post #237

QUOTE (good_luck_1 @ 31.Mar.2017, 10:29 AM) *
" Vi har vid första genomgång av ditt ärende granskat ditt hemlandspass. Migrationsverket behöver därmed inte längre handlingen och därför skickar vi tillbaka den ... (show full quote)

The last sentence 'Detta påverkar inte din plats i kön' was also mentioned to me. I thought o write only the part of the passport before.. So it doesn't seem I will also get any decission soon. From what I understood in your case they send it to you without asking for it.

My question is when they ask for the passport back (which if I am not wrong they give you 2 weeks to do so), if you are for example away for vacations and dont receive the mail or if the mail get lost (which happens some times) then what? Are they contacting again or make a decision without passport (not good)?
+
Moe
post 2.Apr.2017, 01:18 AM
Post #238

hello, i am trying to join my wife in Sweden,i applied for a residence permit on 18 January 2016.
i was emailed to schedule an interview 5 months later, but because of the long line i had to wait 10 month for my interview which will take place on 10th of April, 2017.

Would some one please tell me what happened after the interview and what are the potential questions they might ask me during the interview ?

thank you in advance !
+
kaysweet
post 2.Apr.2017, 06:24 AM
Post #239

QUOTE (Moe @ 2.Apr.2017, 01:18 AM) *
hello, i am trying to join my wife in Sweden,i applied for a residence permit on 18 January 2016. i was emailed to schedule an interview 5 months later, but because of the lon ... (show full quote)

I will suggest you join a dedicated facebook group for questions on this. The group is called :" I väntan på familjen"
+
jdavin81
post 3.Apr.2017, 03:49 PM
Post #240

I guess I am one of lucky ones!

Date of application: 9 March 2017
Time spent in Sweden: 1 year student + 4 years WP + 1 year PR
Date of decision (if made): 30 March 2017
Country of origin: Asia

It was quite straight case for me. I have stick to same company (IT Consultant) for almost 5 years just to be safe and I think that has paid off. I have received WP decisions earlier within 24 hours as well.

Regarding citizenship application, on 27 March I called Migrationsverket and no case officer was assigned. Same day I applied to get my passport back. May be request to get the passport somehow trigger to open my case, don't know. smile.gif I checked online again on 31st March and decision was taken.

Now waiting for decision papers to arrive in post and apply for passport etc.

Good luck everyone.
+

123 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: