The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

The Movie Thread

What are you watching

Furu
post 14.Mar.2010, 03:16 AM
Post #1

What are people watching now a days either on TV, DVD, Blu Ray or Theater.

I recently saw "The Game Plan".
Go to the top of the page
+
Nemesis
post 14.Mar.2010, 08:30 AM
Post #2

In the last month,

Cinema,

The Road,

Bluray,

District 9,

Star Trek,

Red Cliff ( full length special edition ),

Harry Potter,

Braveheart,

Dune,

A Knights Tale,

Beowulf,

DVD

Family Guy, Something, something Darkly,

American Dad, Season 1,
+
IrvingD
post 15.Mar.2010, 08:57 AM
Post #3

Many of us where totally mesmerized by the movies like Avatar, The Blind Side, Dear John and District 9, since this is far more worthy to watch the Tiger Woods Beauty Pageant, wherein the crowned mistress is not other than Jamie Junger. Surely, many are waiting for the 3rd sequel of Twilight – The Eclipse. But for now, AVATAR is surely ruling the home dvds, blu-rays and theater. We just love movies, isn’t it? First its very entertaining and will make you reflect in life’s reality.
+
john1981uk
post 15.Mar.2010, 11:53 AM
Post #4

I watched Green Zone on Friday. It was good but it was hard to not think Jason Bourne in Iraq as it was the same director for two of the other Bourne films.

Think if I watched it again, I would be able to watch it without thinking of Jason Bourne.

Saw Gran Torino the other night for the first time, was also very good!
+
Nemesis
post 15.Mar.2010, 01:16 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (IrvingD @ 15.Mar.2010, 08:57 AM) *
Many of us where totally mesmerized by the movies like Avatar, The Blind Side, Dear John and District 9, since this is far more worthy to watch the Tiger Woods Beauty Pageant, ... (show full quote)

I am going to buy Avator when it comes out on Bluray. It is a brilliant film. I have seen it twice in the cinema.

District 9 I have on bluray. It is a brilliant film.

There is a remake of Dune on the cards. I am looking forward to that, as well as Children of Dune on Bluray.
+
Furu
post 15.Mar.2010, 02:09 PM
Post #6

I watched "Death Race" yesterday on Blu Ray.
+
jim747
post 15.Mar.2010, 06:14 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Nemesis @ 15.Mar.2010, 01:16 PM) *
I am going to buy Avator when it comes out on Bluray. It is a brilliant film. I have seen it twice in the cinema.District 9 I have on bluray. It is a brilliant film.There is a ... (show full quote)

Cameron syas he is thinking about re-releasing Avatar later in the year with 40 minutes of film he had taken out.
+
Traveler2010
post 15.Mar.2010, 06:54 PM
Post #8

Yesterday I rented "Outlander" which is about a space alien who crash lands his space ship in Norway in the 700s, and helps the Vikings there fight an evil dragon that got loose when the space ship crashed.

Kind of a ridiculous premise, but it was still somewhat interesting in some ways. I mildly enjoyed it though I doubt I'll watch it more than once.
+
Nemesis
post 15.Mar.2010, 07:30 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Furu @ 15.Mar.2010, 02:09 PM) *
I watched "Death Race" yesterday on Blu Ray.

I have that on DVD. I don´t think I will bother updating it to Bluray.

QUOTE (jim747 @ 15.Mar.2010, 06:14 PM) *
Cameron syas he is thinking about re-releasing Avatar later in the year with 40 minutes of film he had taken out.

That sounds interesting. I hope you are right and he does make it even more interesting.

On Amazon I have left a request to be informed when Avatar is available. I am definately going to buy it on Bluray. It is well worth seeing.

I also waited until Battlestar galactica came out as a complete box set on Bluray, before buying it and it proved to be worth the wait.

QUOTE (Traveler2010 @ 15.Mar.2010, 06:54 PM) *
Yesterday I rented "Outlander" which is about a space alien who crash lands his space ship in Norway in the 700s, and helps the Vikings there fight an evil dragon th ... (show full quote)

I watched Outlander and have it on DVD. I never thought much of it. They had not even the decency to use a dragon from Norse mythology.

A film I would recommend to any Sci-Fi person is Starwreck.
http://energia.valmiskauppa.fi/imperial-edition-p-13.html
It is hysterical. They make a complete mockery of Star Trek and Babylon five in the best possible way. The special effects are pretty good as well. The guys that made it are on Facebook. Even for Finns they are nuts cool.gif

I have a couple of Tee-shirts from there site as well. They are making a new film clled Iron Sky which takes the piss out of the Nazi´s and places them on the moon to invade earth.
+
Wigglywoo
post 15.Mar.2010, 10:18 PM
Post #10

I have been getting into Lukas Moodysson films lately. With the exception of Ett hål i mitt hjärta i have loved every one. Lilya 4-ever is a particular favourite. If you like films that make you feel sad the whole way through then it is highly recommended.

I also watched a scottish film called Red Road, its a slow slow to begin with but you get them same kind of feeling as Moodyssons films.
+
Nemesis
post 16.Mar.2010, 01:00 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Wigglywoo @ 15.Mar.2010, 10:18 PM) *
I also watched a scottish film called Red Road, its a slow slow to begin with but you get them same kind of feeling as Moodyssons films.

Braveheart is my sort of Scottish film cool.gif
+
Plowbridge
post 16.Mar.2010, 01:54 PM
Post #12

Yeah I know what you mean. Especially as the noble English have Mel hung, drawn and quartered. That put a stop to the silly little sweaties rebellion.

Anyhow can I put forward a positive suggestion for this thread. Instead of just naming the film one has seen; would be more beneficial to actually provide some personal commentary/information/review so that it can provide a catalyst for others to see/avoid?

I am no expert but I'll start the ball rolling with the best film I have seen this year: Fishtank (not in honour of our jokey goatborg colleague on here)

It is a Cannes award winner by Andrea Arnold (Red Road) and is a coming of age movie set in decaying urban Essex. The star of the show is Mia (newcomer Katie Jarvis) as a girl facing all the nightmares of hopelessness and despair approaching adulthood. In trouble at school and unable to do the right thing; Mia's future looks as bleak as it can be, until her mum meets a new boyfriend who provides the promise of better things; but is he as true as he says he is? There is enough hope to leave a taste of promise from the films grim realism and the performance from Mia and her Mum are fresh and real. Overall it is bleak but with a glimmer of sunshine shining through the dirty net curtains. One way or another it will leave an impact on anyone that views it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fish_tank/...#contentReviews
+
Norrlands Turk
post 17.Mar.2010, 08:57 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Wigglywoo @ 15.Mar.2010, 10:18 PM) *
I have been getting into Lukas Moodysson films lately. With the exception of Ett hål i mitt hjärta i have loved every one. Lilya 4-ever is a particular favourite. If you lik ... (show full quote)

Lilja 4-ever is absolutely a stunning movie. I watched Ett hål i mitt hjärta at a film festival a couple of years back. Half of the saloon left before the end of the movie. I like watching movies regardless of genre and quality but this one was too heavy even for me.

I watched Blind Side last week and honestly, I wasn't expecting such a good acting from Sandra Bullock.
+
Craptastical
post 17.Mar.2010, 09:26 AM
Post #14

Just watched the third of the Millenium films on Blu-Ray last night ("”Luftslottet som sprängdes") and enjoyed it just as much as the first two.
+
Nemesis
post 17.Mar.2010, 03:00 PM
Post #15

My neighbour mentioned to me about having a 'Dune' day some saturday, as I have a complete collection.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: