The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Changing Internet Providers

Have to get away from Telia

oOjimOo
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:59 AM
Post #1

The apartment where I live has Telia as a service provider. We had their broadband & broadband telephone service, along with 2 mobile phones and the Viasat Sports package . However over the last 15 months they have managed to make overcharges on 5 of their invoices and its really starting to get to me. I presently run 2 laptops off their modem and have already cancelled the sports package. Im thinking of changing everything and Im looking for suggestions. What are my options?
Go to the top of the page
+
Furu
post 3.Mar.2012, 01:44 PM
Post #2

You can contact them and ask them to correct the billing error.
+
oOjimOo
post 3.Mar.2012, 04:08 PM
Post #3

I have, 5 times, takes 30 minutes queing each time to speak to customer service. Every other time they rectify the mistake and apologise. This last bill contained 3 seperate overcharge errors but they said that their billing was correct, end of. The basic tv service is included in our rent hire, and it appears on our bill normally as at 199sek debit and then a 199sek credit - this time they have a 199sek debit and a 116,65sek credit.
+
axiom
post 3.Mar.2012, 04:30 PM
Post #4

it is fairly common that apartments also have a comhem connection somewhere for tv or even other broadband providers like bredbandsbologet, check this with your association.
+
Gordy
post 3.Mar.2012, 05:54 PM
Post #5

Jim, I'm looking to ditch Telia too when we move to our new house later in the year.

I don't intend to install a landline at all and I hope we will have 4G coverage by then, even 3G will probably give us an actual speed of 16Gb for cheaper than we currently pay for 8Gb from Telia. Telenor are 349kr a month for 4G with a free router if you sign a 24 month contract. There is a 100Gb cap however.

You can port your landline number one of the VoIP providers and run it via an ATA plugged into the router for buttons.

I'll stick up an antenna for the Swedish TV channels, not into sport myself but you could get the sports package from viaplay.se or if you are not worried about the source a liveonfooty sub is £6/2months if you can get one and the quality of streams is said to be excellent.
+
mattbrooks
post 3.Mar.2012, 08:54 PM
Post #6

I moved to a new apartment last year, I had a contract with BredbandsBolaget which ends in June 2012. In the new building BrebandsBolaget could not deliver the service yet we are forced by contract to pay until it expires. In this moment I do not use BredbandsBolaget, I simply cant, they do not provide the service to the building I live in, but I still have to pay for it. The people who moved into my old apartment had a contract of their own and of course didnt want to take on our contract so the service is basically not being used anywhere.

Just a little warning so you double check, I for one do not enjoy paying for a service I cannot receive.
+
Ambre
post 4.Mar.2012, 11:42 AM
Post #7

Yep another dumb thing in Sweden, if you move to a place where your provider cant/doesnt provide, you will be penalised for it and will have to keep on paying! How the fuck can that be? who the fuck made that rule? ridiculous! Lived in UK and Belgium, when a provider cant/doesnt provide at the address where you are moving to, contract is cancelled without any cancellation fee what so ever, that is logical but nothing is logical in Sweden anyway, never heard of so many stupid rules for 1 country pppfffff what a shithole!
+
BritVik
post 4.Mar.2012, 12:45 PM
Post #8

Might I suggest that instead of disgustingly swearing your head off on a public forum you read the small print of the contracts instead. Then - if you don't like their conditions you do not sign up with them. I fear you only have yourself to blame my friend.
This is Sweden, and the Swedes have their set of rules. You either accept them or - - - It is their country, not yours.
+
BritVik
post 4.Mar.2012, 12:50 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Furu @ 3.Mar.2012, 01:44 PM) *
You can contact them and ask them to correct the billing error.

QUOTE (oOjimOo @ 3.Mar.2012, 04:08 PM) *
I have, 5 times, takes 30 minutes queing each time to speak to customer service. Every other time they rectify the mistake and apologise. This last bill contained 3 seperate o ... (show full quote)

Instead of getting on the phone and having those long waiting periods - both costly and boring - you could try using the Internet, since there you can manage your account and see all the bills they send you.

Just a thought. I do it that way and even though at times it is a bit frustrating, it is far cheaper than holding a quiet phone on hold.
+
cogito
post 4.Mar.2012, 02:25 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Ambre @ 4.Mar.2012, 11:42 AM) *
...Sweden... fpppfffff...

Did Telia give you the old "tyvärr..." the code word for "too bad, suck it up. This is how we do things in Sweden and we're never going to change."
Britvik has a point about a contract being a contract, though, according to my Other Half, but then my OH is Swedish.
+
BritVik
post 4.Mar.2012, 03:53 PM
Post #11

And where are you living - - -
+
ChocOwl
post 4.Mar.2012, 03:58 PM
Post #12

I had a lot of problems with Telia when I moved to the house I live in now, about a year ago. Basically they stuffed everything up several times over, both telephone and broadband. This is what I did: I wrote a message to customer service via their website and explained that Telia had made mistakes with x y z and that it had caused problems for me and taken up a heap of my time and energy, and I asked for financial compensation. They deducted an amount off my next bill by way of an apology. So my suggestion is to explain your grievance in an objective concrete and polite way and ask what compensation you can expect.
+
BritVik
post 4.Mar.2012, 04:05 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (ChocOwl @ 4.Mar.2012, 03:58 PM) *
. . . . So my suggestion is to explain your grievance in an objective concrete and polite way and ask what compensation you can expect.

Now who can say fairer than that?

What was that old saying - "Softly softy catchee monkey."
+
oOjimOo
post 5.Mar.2012, 06:13 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (BritVik @ 4.Mar.2012, 12:50 PM) *
Instead of getting on the phone and having those long waiting periods - both costly and boring - you could try using the Internet, since there you can manage your account and ... (show full quote)

Ive tried this before, but I find that it is easier to speak to them personally so that I know that we are singing from the same hymn sheet. But that didnt work last week and I was told they were right and I was wrong. Over the weekend I sent a detailed e-mail outlining my problems with the last invoice and if I was wrong could they point out excatly why I was wrong. Got a reply today saying that they were sorry, I was right and adjustments would be made on the next invoice. BTW it costs nothing to call the customer service - which is probably just as well ! rolleyes.gif
+
oOjimOo
post 5.Mar.2012, 06:14 PM
Post #15

Thanks for that suggestion ChocOwl - If they mess up again Ill try that!
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: