The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4   Reply to this topic

Astra 2F (SKY TV)

Better reception

Gordy
post 17.Oct.2013, 08:49 AM
Post #46

lol

You're not trying to skew the figures in your favour by choosing a very expensive PC are you Rick?

Let me skew them in the other direction then!

XBMC will run happily on a Raspberry Pi costing less than £30 giving you 720p video output. Add a remote control, an SD card and a few cables and let's call it £60.

If you want to access the TV streams, Netflix, Hulu HBO Amazon VOD and so on directly then you don't need a VPN only a smart DNS service like UnBlockUs which will cost you US$5 a month approx. £3.12,

So total costs are less than a fiver a month over 3 years.

You pays yer money and...
Go to the top of the page
+
Micardo
post 17.Oct.2013, 07:37 PM
Post #47

All these raspery pies and intel usb poxy server vpn stuff seems an awful lot of agro just to watch the BBC ?
+
Rick Methven
post 17.Oct.2013, 08:29 PM
Post #48

QUOTE (Gordy @ 17.Oct.2013, 09:49 AM) *
lolYou're not trying to skew the figures in your favour by choosing a very expensive PC are you Rick?Let me skew them in the other direction then!XBMC will run happily ... (show full quote)

OK BBB if you are a nerd, you can do things on the cheap, but if the BC wife wants some catch up TV or to save a programme to watch later, plus avoid that message that says the service is no
Longer a BC ailable because we have been blocked by the BBC, etc, you need something which is good for kids to learn programming in the same way as I used my Commodore 16/32 30+ years ago, but for watching your TV, maybe cheap but too nerdishis even for a cheapskate Scot such as me!!!
+
Gordy
post 20.Oct.2013, 06:17 PM
Post #49

I was having a read of some of the Spanish forums to see what they are doing down there and came across some links to the Galaxy Innovations Genius set top box which combines IPTV and Sat tuner. Once you buy the box it uses "open streams" so there are no on going monthly costs. It sells for anything up to €400 on the Costa but you can buy it here for €135 + delivery.

From looking at demos on YouTube the internet streams seem to be FilmOn HD. I know nothing more about it, maybe someone else on here has more info or is willing to take a punt to try it out?
+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: