The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
119 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications for Swedish citizenship

Share your experience!

Martian
post 29.Jan.2017, 02:46 PM
Post #166

QUOTE (vxtin @ 27.Jan.2017, 06:07 PM) *
[*] There is no luck involved guys, you are all educated so pay attention to details. It's all about the details and do make sure you follow the application details and do ... (show full quote)

Hey Mr,
The fact that you got lucky with your application does not give you the audacity to start bitching. TF is wrong with you? Those 4 lines you wrote are totally unnecessary.
Go to the top of the page
+
dr_MadGeek
post 29.Jan.2017, 03:21 PM
Post #167

QUOTE (Martian @ 29.Jan.2017, 02:46 PM) *
Hey Mr, . The fact that you got lucky with your application does not give you the audacity to start bitching. TF is wrong with you? Those 4 lines you wrote are totally unnecessary.

Can't agree more!!
+
vxtin
post 30.Jan.2017, 02:48 PM
Post #168

QUOTE (dr_MadGeek @ 29.Jan.2017, 03:21 PM) *
Can't agree more!!

Terribly sorry if it was interpreted like that. All I meant was that a simple wrong spelling detail on a form or a document missing (or even redundant) on the first check could put the application in the queue. Of course I can be definitely wrong and just got basically lucky however the main point was to share my experience. Hope it helped!
+
Scottish
post 31.Jan.2017, 08:36 AM
Post #169

QUOTE (vxtin @ 30.Jan.2017, 02:48 PM) *
Terribly sorry if it was interpreted like that. All I meant was that a simple wrong spelling detail on a form or a document missing (or even redundant) on the first check coul ... (show full quote)

Anyone would read your previous comment as being arrogant or something. But it's good you did a damage control to it. cool.gif
+
myusername
post 31.Jan.2017, 08:13 PM
Post #170

Hey folks! Quick question.

I have just received paper application from MV, which I have requested due to failing to print it while filling it in online.

It says I have just 6 days to send it to them signed together with my passport. The issue is that I need to go abroad tomorrow for over a week.

Anyone has been in a similar situation? I can send them application tomorrow morning, but I need my passport for a week more.
+
hatim
post 31.Jan.2017, 08:53 PM
Post #171

QUOTE (myusername @ 31.Jan.2017, 08:13 PM) *
Hey folks! Quick question.I have just received paper application from MV, which I have requested due to failing to print it while filling it in online.It says I have just ... (show full quote)

Contact them on phone. This is a corner case. You will not get your passport back in time.

The worst thing that can happen is you have to apply again (i.e you lose your application fee)
+
HiSweden
post 5.Feb.2017, 05:55 PM
Post #172

Now I am wondering, I am still waiting for a decision, but during this time I always travel on holidays.

What will happen if they sent me a letter asking for my passport/more info and I was not in Sweden? How many days they will give me to send them the passport or any information they require?

When they ask you for passport, you can't see this online, can you? That means I always need someone to open my post letters? Although I don't trust anyone, but maybe in that case I have to let someone read any letter from MV.

I dont want my application to get rejected and lose all queuing time because I was on holiday for few days ohmy.gif
+
Martian
post 5.Feb.2017, 07:41 PM
Post #173

QUOTE (HiSweden @ 5.Feb.2017, 05:55 PM) *
Now I am wondering, I am still waiting for a decision, but during this time I always travel on holidays.What will happen if they sent me a letter asking for my passport/more i ... (show full quote)

In as much as you have already fulfilled the residency time requirement applicable to you before your application, I doubt if your vacations after application jeopardises your application. If I were you, I will enjoy my vacation without worrying about MV.
+
kaysweet
post 5.Feb.2017, 10:00 PM
Post #174

@Hisweden, i observed you created this topic without stating when you applied. Is it ok you share info on when you applied?
+
Snood
post 6.Feb.2017, 11:25 AM
Post #175

I applied for citizenship just a couple of weeks ago and already have my passport back after requesting it.

I have a couple of trips abroad in the pipeline and at the moment i could potentially have to travel at quite short notice. To those who have sent their passport back to MV once they request it, how long did then then need the passport for? If i send it to them on day 1 can i get it back again say by day 10?

What about if they request the passport back and i have to travel for a couple of day one week after they requested it? I seem to remember reading about 2 weeks to return it, is this negotiable if you contact them and explain travel plans when they do request it?
+
myusername
post 9.Feb.2017, 01:24 PM
Post #176

Hej folks! Just a quick note: you do NOT have to send MV your permanent uppehållstillståndskort together with your passport.
+
vosovicd
post 9.Feb.2017, 03:02 PM
Post #177

QUOTE (myusername @ 9.Feb.2017, 01:24 PM) *
Hej folks! Just a quick note: you do NOT have to send MV your permanent uppehållstillståndskort together with your passport.

@myusername, MV instructions can be quite inconsistent. When you submit the electronic application, there are some additional instructions:

Här ska du skriva ut din ansökan. Skriv under den och skicka in ansökan tillsammans med identitetsdokument i original. Om du har uppehållstillståndskort ska du även skicka in det (gäller även för barn). Ansökan öppnas i ett annat fönster.

I find this very odd. Surely, they should have a copy of my permanent uppehållstillstånd kort?!!!
+
Scottish
post 9.Feb.2017, 03:04 PM
Post #178

Has anyone been asked to return his/her passport lately ? If yes, how long did you wait before you got asked to return your passport?
+
myusername
post 9.Feb.2017, 03:23 PM
Post #179

Received mail from MV asking for my passport to verify my international travels.

Do you know for how long they would need it? I may need to ask it back in about 2 weeks to go abroad.
+
Scottish
post 9.Feb.2017, 04:32 PM
Post #180

QUOTE (myusername @ 9.Feb.2017, 03:23 PM) *
Received mail from MV asking for my passport to verify my international travels.. Do you know for how long they would need it? I may need to ask it back in about 2 weeks to go abroad.

With the much I have read here, I think it take between one month to two month to get a feedback from MV when they request for you passport back. However i think they are close to making a decision hence the reason they asked for you passport back. Perhaps, when did you send in you application?
+

119 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: