The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Processing time of Visit Visa to UK?

Any Experience?

deepblues
post 11.Feb.2010, 01:09 AM
Post #1

My question is specific to Non-Europeans living in Sweden, having experience of applying for British Visit visa in British Embassy, Stockholm (As Europeans don't need visa to enter UK).
I want to know, how many days it usually takes to get passport back by post? If you have experience, how many days you had to wait?
I'm student in Sweden, applied for 6 month visit visa to UK about 2 weeks ago. They took my passport and said they will send by post to me, in 5 to 15 days. Now that its been 15 days already, I haven't heard anything from Embassy (Most of my friends got visas in 5-6 days).
The problem is that I am in very much need of my passport because I have to travel somewhere out of Sweden. I have contacted the British embassy several times, they say they cant provide information. I feel so helpless at the moment.
Go to the top of the page
+
Furu
post 11.Feb.2010, 01:37 AM
Post #2

Call the embassy and tell them you really need a passport for emergency travel outside of Sweden.

According to the website it appears the service is outsourced to http://www.visainfoservices.com/
+
deepblues
post 11.Feb.2010, 02:25 AM
Post #3

i tried to explain couple of times to embassy that i need my passport but she was not willing to listen anything, only repeating in a rude way that they dont have information, I should contact to the WorldBridge (It cost 20$ to call them) but even they have no information :$
+
Fishtank
post 11.Feb.2010, 05:39 PM
Post #4

When I applied couple of years back, the passport was back on third day by post.
+
Puffin
post 11.Feb.2010, 05:42 PM
Post #5

Is this still done in Stockholm or is it another thing that the UK authorities has contrcted out to Germany
+
Furu
post 11.Feb.2010, 06:15 PM
Post #6

or to somewhere in Eastern Europe.
+
Furu
post 11.Feb.2010, 06:19 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (deepblues @ 11.Feb.2010, 02:25 AM) *
i tried to explain couple of times to embassy that i need my passport but she was not willing to listen anything, only repeating in a rude way that they dont have information, ... (show full quote)

On the link https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/Cont...ag=Welcome_Page it says

You can send email https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/SendAnEmail.aspx

or

"Call for assistance"

If you are calling from within Sweden, you can get information about how to obtain a visa by calling WorldBridge’s user pay phone service at 0900-2009020. Trained agents will provide you with visa application information. There is a fee of 20 SEK per minute to make this call."

Alternately you can register a complaint at

https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/Sugg...Complaints.aspx
+
deepblues
post 11.Feb.2010, 07:14 PM
Post #8

Thanks Furu, I already had sent the email using that link and got kind of automated reply saying the average processing time is from 5 to 15 days.
+
whoami
post 11.Feb.2010, 08:23 PM
Post #9

the behavior you describe is quite surprising,from what i remember around my experience two years back ...it was pretty smooth. Infact if i remember correctly i was given a time to come and collect my passport. May be they have changed it now...

I do not think you should worry much, since its 15 days already you should get it anytime. I attimes have faced a problem with the "pickup" slip..its delivery sometimes takes as long as two days from the point the delivery has reached pick up point near your home.

another option is try sending a fax, i tried that option with US embassy in Stockholm once and it worked quite well.
+
*gemmaatkinson*
post 17.Mar.2010, 01:59 PM
Post #10

Was this problem solved Deepblues?

My boyfriend is in exactly the same situation. The UK embassy in Sweden have had his passport for almost a month, and we haven't heard anything.

He needs to travel out of Sweden in two weeks, so we're starting to get worried.

He's emailed worldbridge but they haven't got back in touch. Any other advice?
+
Furu
post 17.Mar.2010, 02:17 PM
Post #11

Send an email to British Embassy/Worldbridge that you will be reporting to the local police that passport is lost by processing agent.

Ask your own embassy what needs to be done and if an urgent duplicate passport can be issued.
+
samsungcom
post 19.Apr.2010, 08:47 AM
Post #12

i would suggest you to go to you embassy Contact Center and report this problem they are the correct person to guide you through.Instead of going to the police first approch the embassy tell them your problem and iam sure you will get the solution.I have faced the similar kind of situation before i approched the embassy and everything was back on track.
+
deepblues
post 19.Apr.2010, 10:48 AM
Post #13

Thanks for your reply, although it was long ago, and everything went fine.
+
Thealicious
post 13.Aug.2010, 01:32 AM
Post #14

Good for you. But for those who are in the same situation, how long did it take until you got your visa back?
+
moh
post 26.Nov.2010, 04:34 PM
Post #15

i got it back after 15 days.don't apply if you hesitate that you will be granted visa.i took a flight to stockholm just for that, lost abt 2500kr
i was invited to a graduation ceremony and did a quick application and was rejected,the reason being that i was unable to to show that my university registration doc is not enough to show that i'm a serious student here in sweden.anyway to all of you who are planning to mke visa application you have to give them more papers than they require, school transcript, both future and past pay slips. i didn't provide pay slip for my last summer job and the officer doubted if the money in my account belonged to me and his final words were that he didn't think that i will leave the uk despite being swedish permanent resident,full time student at recorgnize uni.

good luck rolleyes.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: