The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Can we extend schengen tourist visa

My parents are non-europians

jaiho21
post 23.Apr.2012, 12:08 AM
Post #1

Hi..

Can we extend schengen tourist visa ?
My parents are coming here on belgium schengen visa for europe trip. Just came to know that Belgium embassy may give only 30 days. I want them visit us also in summers. Can I apply for extension of schengen tourist visa from sweden?

I know that schengen tourist visa is given max for 60 or 90 days. But my parents are given only 30 days now from belgium (multiple entries).

Please let us know if I can apply for extension on schengen visa from sweden?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
serverax
post 23.Apr.2012, 01:06 AM
Post #2

Hi there

Yes you can extend the Visa ,when they reach you ,take them to the immigration office in your area and they will extend it for you if you are living there and you have to pay some fees ,good luck

check this

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Pages/home.aspx
+
jaiho21
post 23.Apr.2012, 09:01 AM
Post #3

Thank you. I see that you have given belgium embassy link.

My parents situation is, they have got belgium schengen visa from a travel company. they will tour 9 countries.

I live in Stockholm, Sweden.

To extend schengen visa, I have to take them to Swedish migration board? or have to find Belgium embassy(do they have one ?) in Stockholm?
+
Localer
post 23.Apr.2012, 01:12 PM
Post #4

you need to extend in Belgium, since your point of entry is Belgium.
+
jaiho21
post 23.Apr.2012, 01:18 PM
Post #5

So there is nothing I can do from Sweden sad.gif
+
serverax
post 23.Apr.2012, 03:08 PM
Post #6

I think you can from the Imigration in Stockholm, when they arrive here take them to the migrationsvarket and ask for visa extension they will ask you for all your details and they will give up to 2 months because once its happen with me and I was coming to Holland that time by Shengen Visa,they will charge 500 for each I guess,give it a try when they arrive here ! I though that you are not Sweden
+
*Rehan Saud*
post 14.Sep.2012, 01:56 PM
Post #7

The Answer is Yes !!!
u just need to visit migrationverket along with your parents ( personally ) and their travelling documents such as Passport,visa detail, and health insurance if they are coming from Non-EU country , the fee is 1000 SEK each. and the Migrationsverket's officer will defiantly extend their permit on the spot ... i did the same last year smile.gif

Remember : u have to prove that u have accommodation and a enough amount to support your parents smile.gif

beleive me its very easy and effective and its my personal experience too smile.gif
+
*reemkha*
post 14.Jul.2014, 12:10 PM
Post #8

Hi,

I have the same question. My husband is italian but he's living in Hungary right now. I'm visiting him on a 30 day visa and it is about to expire. We are planning to visit his family in italy but my visa will expire before my travel date. The visa was originally issued from France. Is there any way i can extend my visa from budapest before i leave for italy or from italy even as soon as i get there?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: