The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Baby Passport Photos

Tip for anyone that needs them done!

Baned
post 21.Sep.2012, 01:05 PM
Post #1

I've been stressing myself out trying to take pictures of my baby for passport photos/registration of birth abroad application and came across a site with a free editor that saves it much bigger than the US photo tool. From there, I saved the image so 6 will fit into a regular picture so I can have them printed here in Sweden. I noticed they also offer a service for £5.95 to print it out for you. I figured, why not.

I got it today and they whited out the background so it looks professional! If you've ever taken a picture of an infant before, you'd know the background is a mess of white sheets and they totally cleared it out for me! I'm so in love with them, I had to share here! I would have saved myself days of misery if I'd known about them sooner!

Persofoto
Here's the site: http://www.persofoto.com/
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 21.Sep.2012, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Just a heads up,
Many of the passport houses both in Europe and the US have specific regulations in regards to any photos submitted for use in passports.

I recently tried to submit pics for my kids, having used a photo booth in Ahlens - only to discover that the format was the wrong size and the pictures looked "foreign". Another thing I was told that photos often also come with a print on the back, identifying the machine ... so on and on.

Basically it was a nightmare and was advised to only use the photo booths at the passport office to ensure the pics would be valid.
+
Baned
post 22.Sep.2012, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Taking baby pictures is truly a pain! Head must be straight, eyes open, mouth closed, no shadow, neutral expression - damn near impossible with an infant! The US govt site actually provides tips for taking pictures of infants at home, and it actually worked best for us: in a car seat (in our case a bouncer) covered with a white sheet. It was just the matter of printing out the pictures after. But that site I linked is perfect, there's even an option for what country you need it for so the dimensions are correct. I plan to use it for myself when the time comes. Lol, I sound like I'm being paid to advertise them! It just seems like everything's a hassle to get non-Swedish things done around here - when things actually work, it's a godsend! Ha!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: