The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Italy trip from Stockholm

ROME Pisa Venice Milan FLORENCE

esatdav
post 8.May.2013, 09:07 AM
Post #1

Hi...

Please suggest me to plan for an Italy trip from stockholm. Planning to cover ROME Pisa Venice Milan FLORENCE.
Will it be possible to cover in 4 days?

Thanks in advance.

//Sat
Go to the top of the page
+
abir
post 8.May.2013, 09:21 AM
Post #2

4 days ? I did Venice- Florence -Chianti -Siena- Rome in 16 days.
To travel from Florence to Rome alone, will take half a day. If you have only 4 days, I suggest maybe you spend it in the Tuscany area. There you can take the bus from Florence to Pisa and all over surrounding area ( 45 minutes from all directions from Florence). Rome alone needs at least 3 days to see it all. Good luck
+
axiom
post 8.May.2013, 10:35 AM
Post #3

I would need 4days in Rome alone, but I guess it depends on what you want to see if you just want to pop out the airport look around and back in, 4days will def do.

If you want to see anything useful then 4days sounds a tad optimistic to me, took me a day to see the Vatican city alone.
+
skogsbo
post 8.May.2013, 10:40 AM
Post #4

I agree, you'll need 4 days in Rome alone, to do it justice and you'll still want to go back again. But, it depends on what you are interested in.

Milan 2 days,
Travel 1
Venice 2 days,
travel 1

you get the picture... book at least 2 or 3 weeks.
+
chloeff
post 8.May.2013, 02:08 PM
Post #5

lol plan your own trips, really. How hard is it?
+
pandorax
post 8.May.2013, 06:57 PM
Post #6

I suggest you focus just on two cities. Probably skip Milan, as it's the least appealing compared to the others.
+
skogsbo
post 9.May.2013, 06:02 AM
Post #7

depends, on what you are interested in, some classic famous sights, architecture, paintings, opera house... plus fashion and design stuff, they have a whole week of just design exhibitions once a year.
+
gplusa
post 9.May.2013, 12:03 PM
Post #8

Rome you can do in a couple of days, if you are organised. Most of the ancient sites are grouped together, well within walking distance. We arrived late morning, took the subway from our hotel to Colosseum and then walked through Forum, Circus Maximus, Pantheon, etc, wandering back to our hotel via Fontana Di Trevi. Second day we did Vatican, Spanish Steps, and the ancient sites on that side of the city. Day 3 we left for Naples. A big help is to buy a Rome Pass and save yourself several hours of queuing. Obviously not an indepth visit, but you get to tick off all the "must see" places.

The attraction of Milan depends on the person. Very pretty architecture, and of course the shopping. We managed to score a trip to the ballet at La Scala, but you need to book well in advance if that's on your list. We were only there for a long weekend but we managed to fit in quite a bit of shopping (sadly), a trip to a match at San Siro stadium, all the main tourist sites on the public transport routes, and a viewing of The Last Supper. Again, forward planning is the key.

Rome I don't think I would bother with a second time, but Milan I definitely would go back to.
+
Mahmood
post 1.Jun.2013, 08:35 AM
Post #9

I did a good part of Rome with my wife in about 6 hours on foot. Having said that, you need a life time to truly explore a city with a history of more than 2000 years.

Starting from Termini station we covered Basilica de Santa Maria, Repubblica, Piazza-del-Quirinale and numerous other piazzas on our way to Trevi Fountain and Pantheon. We also walked to River Tiber (great views) to cross to Vatican side for Castle Sant'Angelo and of course Saint Peter's Basillica. We did not go inside.

A lady selling her paintings on road side told us that we actually covered a lot of places. From that I gather that we were able to see a good part of old Rome.

We also passed by Forum and Colosseum in Taxi. These two alone could take a half day but they look extremely busy, which is not our thing so some pics from outside were enough for us.

Oh not to forget we had nice Italian coffee breaks in between with an original Roma pizza and bruschetta to finish things with a guy playing accordion on street.

Its a beautiful city and there is a piece of history at every corner.

Have a nice trip.
+
tonhals
post 31.Dec.2013, 11:10 PM
Post #10

4 days is too few time to enjoy these places.
+
tonhals
post 31.Dec.2013, 11:14 PM
Post #11

4 days is too few time to enjoy these places.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: