The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13   Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

djmarko
post Yesterday, 9:50
Post #181

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 19.Oct.2019, 10:52 PM) *
People that are well adjusted and satisfied with their life in Sweden never post on TheLocal.... TheLocal is "the" place to vent, complain and rant about Sweden.... So be it...

Not exactly true! I have lived here for more than 10 years, through hard work, i live a relatively comfortable life, it does not mean we cannot come to forums like this and express our views about society.

Some experiences people have mentioned, for example seeing colleagues outside working environment and not bothering to say hi or even acknowledge your presence, I found this weird at first but got used to it, they might want to respect your space and they feel outside work, they rarely socialize with work colleagues

this is perfectly acceptable, things are different, traditions are different as well, neighbours do not say hi to each other irrespective of your background unless you have something in common, for example kids in the same day care, yes one example, they knew my girl was a midwive, so when our neighbour was expecting and went into a quick Labour in her bathroom, they threw caution to the wind and pressed our doorbell like the police, of course my girl went in there and helped her to deliver her kid on the floor!
I have seen one or 2 things about society i do not believe in but i tend not to get stressed out over things outside my control, best way to succeed is take the best of both societies and do not conform to any standard expected of you, as an individual, you have right to make your own choices, for me, the positives of living here still outweighs the negatives, until then, i stay here!
Go to the top of the page
+
champaignepapi
post Yesterday, 13:04
Post #182

European North Korea, literally lmao. They like comparing themselves to Japan though, lol...

...sit the f**k down.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post Yesterday, 13:18
Post #183

Like I said, happy people do not post here...
+
champaignepapi
post Yesterday, 13:25
Post #184

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 21.Oct.2019, 02:18 PM) *
Like I said, happy people do not post here...

Yet some of the happiest people on the planet are those with Down syndrome. You do the math bb.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post Yesterday, 15:18
Post #185

Like I said people happy with their life in Sweden do not post here, some say they are happy but post with negative exception...

Ergo, they are not happy...
+
Saywhatwhat
post Yesterday, 16:14
Post #186

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 21.Oct.2019, 04:18 PM) *
Like I said people happy with their life in Sweden do not post here, some say they are happy but post with negative exception.... Ergo, they are not happy...

Cool story bro.

What are you unhappy about?

What is your experience living in Sweden?

What are you doing posting here?
+
Saywhatwhat
post Yesterday, 16:16
Post #187

QUOTE (champaignepapi @ 21.Oct.2019, 02:04 PM) *
European North Korea, literally lmao. They like comparing themselves to Japan though, lol.... ...sit the f**k down.

Only difference is that trump has respect for North Korea.
+
djmarko
post Today, 8:17
Post #188

Thats why its called a forum, They exist in every country worldwide, there are thousands of expat forums online, happiness or sadness cannot be used to measure how people post, when you say if you are happy, why do you people post negative things? what does this exactly mean? there are people that love to debate irrespective of living situation, even the rich and successful debate about things where they take a certain interest

This forum was started for expatriates, immigrants and the likes to brainstorm about how to survive in Sweden, ask questions just about anything, up to a certain extent, it does serve its purpose, it is also a place where people rant, some vent frustrations about living here, yes it is allowed, some go over the top, some positive, some negative, everything is allowed in here, what is my take? if you are unhappy with your situation, no amount of complaining will help, you have to do whats best for you and change the situation you find yourself in, nobody will bend backwards to help, there are over 120 countries on planet earth, also life is too short, if you want to wait 7-10 years to break into the job market, feel free to do that, that is a choice, there are many that tried it here failed and left and are now living a better life, There are some that moved here and live the good life, they rarely post in places like this, at the same time, there are also people that are living the good life and still post in here, It does not mean they are been negative
+
champaignepapi
post Today, 8:38
Post #189

There's a difference between being negative and being real and true to yourself. Only utterly stupid people, living in denial, can be happy all the time without realizing anything in (or about) their pathetic lives and surroundings.
+
champaignepapi
post Today, 9:01
Post #190

How many women regret having children as the years go by? LMAO! Take a look at the statistics. But they never speak about it, because, children are HELLA blessing and the base for a happy and fulfilled life. Yeah, my ass. *throwingup*

Just because people don't speak up, doesn't mean they're happy with their lives. It means they're either ambivalent, have no opinion or they're...Swedish.
+
djmarko
post Today, 9:47
Post #191

That is my point, even the rich suffer in silence, they could have all the money but still not living a fullfilled life, that is why i take objection to some that continues to stress that people that have a good life here will rarely be found here posting anything! i might not post as much as some, i might not complain as much as some but i do like to take interest in what other people say and comment as well, it might be a shared experience, in the UK, most forums like this will complain about Brexit, rise of violent crime and what not, a forum in the US will complain about rising gun crime and what not!
+

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: