The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Registering your marriage in Skatteverket

Is it required

kempyyyy
post 20.Aug.2019, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Hi readers,

I am a work permit holder and I recently got married last July.

Now, I would like my wife to move here with me. I have checked the requirements in Migrationsverket but it doesn't specify there if I should register my marriage first (change of civil status) before my wife start the online application process. Any thoughts? Tack!
Go to the top of the page
+
Scottish
post 21.Aug.2019, 10:29 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (kempyyyy @ 20.Aug.2019, 12:26 PM) *
Hi readers,I am a work permit holder and I recently got married last July. Now, I would like my wife to move here with me. I have checked the requirements in Migrationsverket ... (show full quote)

I registered my change of civil status first before my wife's visa application was initiated.

Take the marriage certificate ( Registry/ Court) to Skatteverket and they will help you register it -of course they will make a copy of it. You need to send the original copy back to your wife for the visa application and interview as well.
+
kempyyyy
post 21.Aug.2019, 01:07 PM
Post #3

+
kempyyyy
post 21.Aug.2019, 01:09 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Scottish @ 21.Aug.2019, 05:29 PM) *
I registered my change of civil status first before my wife's visa application was initiated. Take the marriage certificate ( Registry/ Court) to Skatteverket and they wi ... (show full quote)

Thank you for that info. May I ask how long did it take before the the change in civil status appeared in your personbevis in skatteverket online?
+
Scottish
post 22.Aug.2019, 12:39 PM
Post #5

i think mine took about a week even though they said that I should wait for about two weeks. It could be faster today or slower for any reason.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: