The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Has the noticeboard 'frozen'?

Two young cats in need of a new home

mitchandmo
post 20.Apr.2010, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Hej everyone

I tried to post on the noticeboard, but this doesn't appear to have been updated since 16 April...

We have two 11 month old cats, Jake and Lily, who are in need of a new home. They are both tabby shorthairs, very sweet, playful and love attention. Unfortunately my partner and I have recently had an increase in business (travel) commitments, meaning that we can't be around as much, making for two unhappy cats.

They've both been neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and they have pet passports as well. They'd be taking plenty of toys, bowls, beds, scratching posts, pet carriers etc to their new home.

We'd really like to find them a new loving environment where they can continue to thrive. Is anyone looking for a couple of sweet, cuddly kittens to join their family?

Thanks for your help!

Maria
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 20.Apr.2010, 08:35 AM
Post #2

aww

Really hope that you can find a new home for your kitties.

Unfortunately not in a position to offer having taken in 2 abandoned and starving cats in the past 18 months bringing our total to 4
+
HALE
post 20.Apr.2010, 08:57 AM
Post #3

I hope you find a home. I am 6 months here, 6 months aus, so can't help sorry.
+
mitchandmo
post 20.Apr.2010, 11:08 AM
Post #4

Thanks for your thoughts - it was a really difficult decision to make, but I think they'll be better off with someone who can give them the attention they need, and we're just away too often. They're used to being at home alone during the day, but these days we don't get back until late, so the little ones suffer.

I just hope that someone can provide them with a caring environment!
+
collan
post 20.Apr.2010, 11:13 AM
Post #5

what part of sweden are you in?
Do they go out at all?
+
mitchandmo
post 20.Apr.2010, 11:19 AM
Post #6

Hej Collan

I live in Malmö, and unfortunately don't have access to a car at the moment, so wouldn't be able to take them far afield myself.

They haven't been outside so far, so it wouldn't be a problem for them to be house cats, but they do have a very inquisitive nature, and at 11 months old they'd probably happily adapt to the great outdoors smile.gif

Maria
+
collan
post 20.Apr.2010, 11:23 AM
Post #7

i'm more in the market for a grown-up cat at the moment, and in stockholm. but was willing to entertain the idea of kittens.
wish you and the cats all the best!
+
mitchandmo
post 20.Apr.2010, 12:21 PM
Post #8

The noticeboard issue appears to have been resolved; my note has appeared along with quite a few others from the past four days.

That said, if anyone reading this thread would like to adopt our two fuzzballs, or if you have any questions, please reply biggrin.gif!
+
mitchandmo
post 23.Apr.2010, 08:32 AM
Post #9

Having tried a few different online options asking for new homes for our little ones, I was wondering if anyone's had any luck rehoming their pets in the past?

I'd really like to find them a new place to live ASAP so they can settle in while they're still relatively young, and get the attention they need.

If anyone is interested, or knows of a good home for Lily and Jake, let me know. Happy to email pictures across (I don't have any on the PC I'm using at the moment).

M
+
Puffin
post 23.Apr.2010, 09:31 AM
Post #10

Often rehoming happens by word of mounth - so make it known that you are looking for a home - tell work colleagues etc
+
mitchandmo
post 30.Apr.2010, 02:25 PM
Post #11

I couldn't add a picture of J&L on the noticeboard, so I've added it on here instead smile.gif

Attached Image

+
soultraveler3
post 17.Aug.2010, 02:02 AM
Post #12

I really hope you can find a good home for your 2 babies. Puffin is right, word of mouth is probably your best bet if you really have to get rid of them.

Do you or your partner have a friend, family member or neighbor that can hang out and play with them or just be around a few hours a day? Most of the swedes I know have quite a bit of free time, from only working part-time or working shifts. You could keep a healthy supply of fikabröd on hand and let them come and have a coffee or a glass of wine at your place and snuggle with the babies while you're away. wink.gif

Cats are really independent and since you have 2, have each other to amuse and wrestle with. It sounds like you two come home every night, even if it's late, you're still home and can give them some special attention. Can you work from home ever? That might be nice for you and the cats. There are also special products (dvds, cds, toys) to keep them entertained while "mom and dad" are away.

Either way I wish you the best of luck.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: