The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Work Permit Extension

A way to apply from within Sweden with my Sambo.

Dubyrockstar
post 28.Aug.2019, 07:27 PM
Post #1

Hello there.

Two years ago my sambo started studying at Uppsala university, so she applied for the studying permit, added me as a family member, I received a working permit and found a job, we repeated this process again on year ago.

Now, for this year, I applied for a work extension adding her as my family member, I still have the same job. My employer helped me starting the petition. My sambo already finished her studies and found a job.

Today I received a call from migration and they said that we have to leave Sweden and apply from outside the country or I have to mention if I have special reasons to do it from here.

Does any of you know what would be the best way to get our permits without having to leave the country?

We already have a good life here, we rent a nice place with all our stuff there, we have good friends, we are well cared and respected by our respective employers, we pay taxes, etc. It would be really bad for us to leave under this circumstances.

What are your suggestions on what would be the best way to approach this matter?

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 29.Aug.2019, 06:18 AM
Post #2

An exception can be made if you have a child in Sweden.
+
Dubyrockstar
post 29.Aug.2019, 08:27 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Case officer @ 29.Aug.2019, 07:18 AM) *
An exception can be made if you have a child in Sweden.

Well, we have no kids.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: