The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Xc ski rentals in Stockholm

planning a weekend winter ski trip

boardmisha
post 27.Nov.2017, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Hi,

It has been my long time dream to come to do xc ski in Sweden. I am planning a short weekend trip from London and wanted to rent skis in Stockholm, find a hut near Tyresta and ski for a couple of days in the park. Could someone point me to some places that offer xc ski rentals in the area if they exist?

Thank you so much guys!
Go to the top of the page
+
Lottie
post 27.Nov.2017, 08:00 AM
Post #2

Why Sweden?

You'd be better off going to northern Finland. Guaranteed snow and better facilities.

Try the resort of Akaslomopolo, with direct flights from London to Kittila.
+
Temp
post 27.Nov.2017, 05:18 PM
Post #3

snow can be a challenge - last year there was really only a couple of weekends with enough snow to ski sad.gif other year's there has been months smile.gif

but if you're flexible and can jump over if/when there's snow, then you can often hire xc skis at hellasgården (they also have huts). It's a 20 mins bus from sthlm, but already you're deep in nature and plenty of skiing

o'wise if you want guaranteed snow for a fixed date, look further north - Mora, Orsa, Grövelsjön are all on bus/train from sthlm (5 hours for Mora, more for the rest). Funäsdalen with 300km of prepared tracks is always nice. Lottie's suggestion of Finland's Yllas/Äkäslompolo looks nice too.

//A
+
ChocOwl
post 27.Nov.2017, 08:40 PM
Post #4

https://www.fritidsbanken.se/
Here you can borrow equipment for free for 2 weeks... for Swedish residents (sorry, didn't notice at first that you are in London)
+
boardmisha
post 2.Dec.2017, 10:35 AM
Post #5

Thanks so much guys for the advice! Didn't know snow is a problem in Sweden these days sad.gif Will give it a thought..
+
boardmisha
post 9.Dec.2017, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Guys, which month usually is snowier, according to you? January or February?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: