The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

For FR & Cyberfluffy

*Kodos*
post 4.Mar.2006, 01:47 AM
Post #1

Hey guys...

What can I say...I'm a uniter, not a divider. Here's an article that I think will please you both. I received the e-mail from NARAL earlier.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11660018/
Go to the top of the page
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 4.Mar.2006, 01:57 AM
Post #2

Damn.

[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/859.gif[/img]
+
*Kodos*
post 4.Mar.2006, 01:58 AM
Post #3

What can I say...I'm just that good. laugh.gif
+
*Toronto 1*
post 4.Mar.2006, 02:34 AM
Post #4

Wal-Mart has a bad habit of dictating social policy especially among women.
Not selling the morning after pill because of what it thinks is just plain wrong.
+
*Kodos*
post 4.Mar.2006, 02:35 AM
Post #5

Word to yo' motha' babeeeee

H...

Are you able to watch Olbermann? O'Reilly has blown a gasket. It's a damn riot.

/M
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 4.Mar.2006, 02:40 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Toronto 1)
Wal-Mart has a bad habit of dictating social policy especially among women.
Not selling the morning after pill because of what it thinks is just plain wrong.

Yeah, but this puts it firmly on the side of capitalist whore. When it caves on it's moral high ground because "everyone else is doing it" it just exposes it's own hypocrisy.
+
*no one*
post 4.Mar.2006, 03:16 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Cyberfluff)
Yeah, but this puts it firmly on the side of capitalist whore. When it caves on it's moral high ground because "everyone else is doing it" it just exposes it's own hypocrisy.

I am generally against abortion for birth control, i am 57 with a 7 year old daughter that is as perfect as a girl can be :twisted: , but the morning after pill is her right. glad the "capitalistic pigs at walmart" caved.

at the time the pills are effective there is yet to be a their, there. women have had the unfortunate miscarrage's for eons. i honestly think there is very little difference.

if my Cameron was raped by some vander slut(sp intended) i would provide my own abortion pills, either through the gov't, or, my own (i am a competative shooter) and former special operator, retired now, mostly.

i am very glad that women will have the right to choose their own path.

ps; this should be in the drunks required thread, but i did reread it.
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 4.Mar.2006, 04:20 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Jim In San Francisco)
I am generally against abortion for birth control,

I think that most people generally are, at least on a personal level. A surgical abortion is an invasive procedure, after all. And the chemically induced ones are also extremely unpleasant. You can get approximately 10 years worth of contraception (in the form of an IUD) for the price of a single abortion, too. I have never met a woman that uses abortion as a primary method of birth control.

(This isn't any sort of attack, I was just expounding on the point a bit.)
+
*no one*
post 4.Mar.2006, 04:54 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Cyberfluff)
I think that most people generally are, at least on a personal level. A surgical abortion is an invasive procedure, after all. And the chemically induced ones are also extremely unpleasant. You can get approximately 10 years worth of contraception (in the form of an IUD) for the price of a single abortion, too. I have never met a woman that uses abortion as a primary method of birth control.

(This isn't any sort of attack, I was just expounding on the point a bit.)

in no way do i consider your thoughts an attack, i agree with all you have said. i just am satisfied that a corporation will consider a woman's point of view on an extreme situation as the deciding factor in a decision. i hate the courts. and lawsuits in this matter, to me, are an insult to what i have fought for. i am now more conservative than ever. but it is a woman's personal choice, certainly not an easy one when love has opted out.

if my daughter was in a situation that required a choice i would hope she made the right one for her, not neccisarily for me. man this still belongs in the drunken section.

i went to the university of california, berkeley in the late '60's, "fast cars, fast women, no cops" and had several of my friends, who were still girls, raped, either by dates or by violence.
i know violence. i hate it more than anything. simply each person should have the right to their body.

if i belong to a church it is my decision, if i follow it is my decision. if i am a soldier it is my decision, bla, bla,etc. sorry folks

i need a beer. freedom for all, free the oppressed (our special forces motto) oh and for the brits; i worked with the SAS for years. scary smart blokes. we military often feel misused. please think of that.
+
*Kodos*
post 4.Mar.2006, 04:59 AM
Post #10

Jim...

You're one cool cat. If more guys were like Toronto and you...this world would be a much better place.

/Marnie
+
*no one*
post 4.Mar.2006, 06:11 AM
Post #11

thanks; there are never enough people it seems.

///jim
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: