The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Can you search earlier for permanent permit

than we are told?

sanniz
post 13.Jul.2019, 05:14 PM
Post #1

My man is from UK and we all know no one knows how Brexit gonna be so far.

He have lived with me since day one in Sweden,1/8-2016.
And he got a Swedish personal number too since May 2017.
Worked in same place since April 2017.

Migrationsverket only gave him a temporary permit to live with me, Swedish citizen since birth, that is for 2018-01-17 - 2020-01-17.
And in that letter we are recommended to apply for continue live in Sweden one month before the last date.

He also had his driving license converted to a Swedish one.
His passport last to November 2025.

My question now when it commes to Brexit

Can we search earlier if Brexit starts in October? Not sure what happen if it gonna be a hard Brexit.

And another thought.
I know people that lived the last 2 years with a Swedish sambo/wife and at least 3 years in Sweden can search for Citizenship earlier.
Have someone done that and got approved?

Plus last question:

Is there any Brit that got doubble citizenship (UK and Sweden)?
Go to the top of the page
+
Temp
post 15.Jul.2019, 07:03 AM
Post #2

You should keep in contact with the Brittish Embassy, they run (or have ran) a few info meetings with the various Swedish agencies.

From what I remember Sweden sees 2 situations depending on how your man has residency just now. Your man is either here under EU law, i.e. exercising his rights as a EU citizen; or under Swedish law, for example using you as a Sambo. Both situations are treated differently under Brexit - the first is impacted, the 2nd isnt (or is less impacted).

There's no shortcuts/earlier time periods to permanent residency just because of Brexit .

There's a bunch of info here on Migrationsverket website: https://www.migrationsverket.se/Om-Migratio...gor/Brexit.html
+
sanniz
post 15.Jul.2019, 07:40 AM
Post #3

Thanks for the answer. His staying here is connected to me as a sambo/spouse. But is permit couldn't be permanent cause we hadn't lived yogether long enough during the time for the application. Today we have soon lived together for 3 years.

But he had job already when we got it.

I have tried to read about what the pages says earlier, but no page really gives a good clue.
Tried even find pages at Migrationsverket, if it was possible to send questions. But didn't find any, only for people that is here for asyl.

Guess I have to dig more. Thanks anyway.
+
Case officer
post 15.Jul.2019, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Your husband already has a permit. He can not have two permits at the same time.
+
lsstockholm
post 21.Jul.2019, 06:43 PM
Post #5

Hello, I have a query regarding my PR. I have entered sweden on 10th Oct 2014 and have been working now continuous till Jan 28 2019 in 1st company. This companies Visa was valid till 30th June 2019. However my new company has filled a new work visa application on 20th Jan 2019.I would humbly like to know what is the minimum eligibility for Permanent Residency card to be applicable. I have read another user quoting g that eligibility is if person has been continuously for 42/48 months. Is this true? Then would I be eligible for a PR right away?
+
namkhoaTH
post 22.Jul.2019, 09:59 AM
Post #6

His staying here is connected to me as a sambo/spouse
+
lsstockholm
post 22.Jul.2019, 10:49 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (lsstockholm @ 21.Jul.2019, 07:43 PM) *
Hello, I have a query regarding my PR. I have entered sweden on 10th Oct 2015 and have been working now continuous till Jan 28 2019 in 1st company. This companies Visa was val ... (show full quote)
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: