The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Certificate of No Impediment / Hindersprovning

Getting married in Sweden for foreigners

anjela81
post 22.Aug.2013, 01:57 PM
Post #1

Hej!

I find that I always get better answers from this forum than from actual governmental agencies.
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it through searching the forums. Sorry if it is a repeat.

I am an Australian citizen, engaged to a Swede. We both live in the UK.
We want to get married in Sweden and understand the hindersprovning requirements generally.

I'm just wondering who Skatteverket require the Certificate of No Impediment from.
The Australian Government (DFAT) or the Australian High Commission in London? Or both?

I don't want to fly all the way to Sweden for the hindersprovning appointment for them to refuse the application and say, 'oh you got it from the wrong department... '.

Here is Skatteverket's statement:
Du som inte är svensk medborgare ska i första hand ha ett intyg som är utfärdat av en behörig myndighet i det land där du nu bor och i andra hand av behörig myndighet i det land du är medborgare i.

Anyone able to confirm?

Thanks in advance!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Willy
post 22.Aug.2013, 02:25 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (anjela81 @ 22.Aug.2013, 02:57 PM) *
I'm just wondering who Skatteverket require the Certificate of No Impediment from.The Australian Government (DFAT) or the Australian High Commission in London? Or both?... ... (show full quote)

The way they write it, none of the above. In the first hand, they want it from you country of residence (UK) not of citizenship (Australia). The High Commission is still a representative of the Australian Government, not of the UK one.
+
anjela81
post 22.Aug.2013, 05:06 PM
Post #3

ah... I never thought to interpret it that way, and I've read that sentence about 20 times...

thanks! although I think I may now be more confused...
+
anjela81
post 24.Aug.2013, 08:58 AM
Post #4

This is the response I received from Skatteverket:
Correct answer is number 3 , Both, it dosn´t matter wich one you choose. You do whats best for you.

(This was my question:
Do you need me to get the Certificate of No Impediment from:
1)Australian Embassy in the United Kingdom (en behörig myndighet i det land där du nu bor)
2) Australia (behörig myndighet i det land du är medborgare)
3) Both? )
+
*sunshake74*
post 9.Oct.2013, 04:38 PM
Post #5

"The way they write it, none of the above. In the first hand, they want it from you country of residence (UK) not of citizenship (Australia). The High Commission is still a representative of the Australian Government, not of the UK one."

It's right! Visit My Website
+
Opalnera
post 9.Oct.2013, 04:41 PM
Post #6

I got married recently in Sweden, the kommun said they wanted one from Australia as well, went and got it (cost 600kr and a trip to the embassy in Stockholm) and when we handed them in they didn't want it. So I'm guessing that this is correct also, as Sweden is my country of residence and I had that from skatteverket.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: