The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Registering a marriage in Sweden

in case I am not in the country

samsam2
post 2.Dec.2013, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Can I register my marriage in Sweden by any means when I'm outside of Sweden ?
Online ? or through the power of an attorney ?

My marriage is already registered outside of Sweden in Lebanon.
Go to the top of the page
+
friendonlyyours
post 2.Dec.2013, 04:14 PM
Post #2

Question is very vague, what is your purpose to registering marriage in Sweden? In what term you are talking about. Are you married to Swede or what? What nationality you have yourself?

Simple answer is if you apply any kind of visa what martial status you will mention with proven marriage certificate will be your marriage status in future in Sweden.
+
samsam2
post 2.Dec.2013, 05:14 PM
Post #3

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I am a Swedish citizen living outside of sweden in Lebanon and recently got married to a lebanese guy and we decided to move to sweden together so he's currently applying for a residence permit.
The Migration board sent us an email saying that our marriage should also be registered in sweden so I'm trying to figure out a way to get this done without having to go there.

There is no problem If it is obligatory to go in person I would go smile.gif
+
friendonlyyours
post 3.Dec.2013, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Here is procedure, I am not sure you need to be go in person but I guess it should possible online as well.

Actually you need hinderprovning in that they will check for you if you are not already married in Sweden if not then good to go will get a certificate. You need familybevis to show migrations.

http://www.skatteverket.se/privat/folkbokf...9800020579.html
+
Pursuivant
post 3.Dec.2013, 10:30 PM
Post #5

Well its the local Swedish embassy you go to. They know what papers they want and send the info then across.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: