The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Nail Salons in Gothenburg

VikingHumpingWitch
post 27.Feb.2006, 05:22 PM
Post #1

Um, do any women on the Local live in Gbg, seems to be all blokes?

Anyway, I have extremely long nails which I don't really want to give up when I move, does anybody know if there are any good nail technicians working in the city? Otherwise I'm going to have to get my husband to try and find out before I arrive, and I'm sure he'd be grateful to have this task taken off him.

Thanks in advance for your pisstaking responses... laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Benzed
post 27.Feb.2006, 05:25 PM
Post #2

I´m flouncing into this thread, flashing my pink nails and laughing like a hyena as I turn and mince out again.
+
*Carol*
post 27.Feb.2006, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Sorry, no tips on Gbg from me, but what about doing them yourself? Or at least bringing your own instruments? In the US they have to put them in sterilizing solution, but that was not done in Holland. Then there are the non-metalic things that can't be sterilized, like the buffing blocks. They can shred skin and pick up blood, you know.

So many people get nail infections from salons. To me, they are really, really gross. And then there are the towels you have to worry about. A Los Angeles friend went to her usual nail bar with a half Korean girl who spoke the language. I guess the workers there didn't pick up on her ethnicity, because one said to the other, "Uh-oh, the towels aren't washed," which my friend's friend picked up on.

Yuck. I mean, I know people can spit in your soup and your gym is probably none to clean either, but personally, nail bars with shared implements really ring my gross factor bells.

Trade with a girlfriend! The glamour quotient of a nail bar is none to high in my estimation, anyway.
+
Eyallow
post 27.Feb.2006, 09:56 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (VikingHumpingWitch)
Um, do any women on the Local live in Gbg, seems to be all blokes?

Anyway, I have extremely long nails which I don't really want to give up when I move, does anybody know if there are any good nail technicians working in the city? Otherwise I'm going to have to get my husband to try and find out before I arrive, and I'm sure he'd be grateful to have this task taken off him.

Thanks in advance for your pisstaking responses... laugh.gif

I just bite them off when they get in the way..especially if some one is irritated somewhere :twisted:
+
David Taylor
post 27.Feb.2006, 10:23 PM
Post #5

Not that I have any interest what women do with there nails :oops: but I destinctly remember on the IFG site there was a beautician talking about a nail and war paint business.
+
Roowhip
post 27.Feb.2006, 10:34 PM
Post #6

Hi VHW

I don't live in GTB but just a question, do you have fake nails because if you do it costs a small fortune over here. In fact if you are good at doing nails yourself, it would be a good business idea smile.gif since I I have never seen so many teenagers with fake nails.
Sorry not much help with your question, but if you are in Norrköping I have a good contact.
+
Benzed
post 28.Feb.2006, 02:50 AM
Post #7

Sorry, just came back to point out the hilarity of the term "nail technician".

And away with me again. biggrin.gif
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 28.Feb.2006, 03:18 AM
Post #8

Wait Benzed! Before you leave...

Where did you get those dashing pink nails done?
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 28.Feb.2006, 09:36 AM
Post #9

Cheers guys but if I could do them myself I wouldn't be asking where to get someone else to do them! Yes they're fake (couldn't possibly be this long otherwise), I don't really mind spending money on them though, it's expensive in London too.

Oh well, I'll just have to get the Swede wandering round the beauty houses of Gothenburg.
+
Per C
post 28.Feb.2006, 09:54 AM
Post #10

Hey VHW,

I used to do my nails before moving to sweden, it is pretty expensive here and I'm still not working, so now I have back my shorties! I have considered getting them done again here and I found two places downtown goteborg that come highly recommended. I know WHERE they are but I forget their names off the top of my head, soooo...

...when I am downtown within the next few days I will make sure to write them down for ya!
Jaece
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 28.Feb.2006, 10:06 AM
Post #11

That would be excellent, thank you very much! Really don't want to have to give up the nails, and I wish I'd done a course on them when I had time.
+
*Mimi*
post 28.Feb.2006, 10:12 AM
Post #12

VHW, check out www.beautylounge.se. Could be something!
+
Per C
post 28.Feb.2006, 10:21 AM
Post #13

Yeah doing a course would be a great idea, and that could inturn give you a business venture. I once considered the same thing. My friend used to own a nail salon in london (she is now in stockholm) and she used to order her products from California, which is apparantly what make it so costly. She said that it is an expensive luxury service in london, but slightly less expensive here. When I had my nails done last year for a while in stockholm I was paying 575 sek for a new set, and then refills were about 250-300sek. Just to give you an idea. If I could afford it now I would do it. I really miss that little luxury in my life.
sigh... sad.gif
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 28.Feb.2006, 10:25 AM
Post #14

Ooh ooh that site looks good (though I reckon I'll have to kiss goodbye to the nail art and stick to French polish, sadly).

I pay £25 every two weeks for an infill so I guess maybe it's slighly less in Sweden. It's fine, I'll save money by not buying soap or something.
+
Per C
post 28.Feb.2006, 10:49 AM
Post #15

Yep us chicks needs our fixes! Soap is highly over-rated anyway!!
:wink:
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: