The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

SAS 3 distance course

please share your experience

azy
post 20.Feb.2015, 11:58 PM
Post #1

Hello everyone, I am planning to do a distance course for SAS3 at NTI skolan.
Is there anyone who has done it online, and at the same school? Do you recommend it?
What was the most difficult part for doing SAS3?

I want to finish SAS3 in order to study at the university from fall, but i am also working half time and I am not sure if i can finish the course within 5 weeks.
Any advices and insights are welcome!

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
+
magg
post 21.Feb.2015, 08:15 AM
Post #2

I did it like that. It all depends on your actual level of Swedish. You will not learn any new language in that course, especially if you take it in 5 weeks. You will just have a lot of essays and book reports to write (one per week). If your Swedish is fluent and you just need to certify yourself to get into a university, you can do it easily (although it will be a lot of work plus they release an assignment on Monday to complete on Friday, which is a terrible pain in the ass for someone who can mostly work on weekends, but you can ask them to release it on Friday for you, even though you will need to remind the teacher each time). If you don't actually speak Swedish to the required level, you will not be able to do it in 5 weeks. In short, you can do it if you already speak Swedish at a level required by SAS 3.If not, no way.
+
azy
post 26.Feb.2015, 10:13 AM
Post #3

Thank you for your insight, that is right. No one can master a language in 5 weeks if its distance study like that.
I think it is durable in 10 weeks but 5 weeks sounds very intense. But I will try it anyway. I guess I speak Swedish quite well. Did you buy the book, Spr?kporten?

I appreciate if there is anyone who want to comment on the matter, too... biggrin.gif
+
magg
post 26.Feb.2015, 10:32 AM
Post #4

Yeah, I bought it, felt like wasted money though because I didn't really have the time to do the assignments from it (it wasn't mandatory homework, that was mostly essay writing) . To be honest, I perceived the whole thing as quite disorganized, you need to take a national exam at the school premises and I went there and took it and I never received any kind of feedback on it, I don't even know if that actually got graded somehow externally or it was just a mock exam. I just got a grade based on the stuff I submitted to the platform. I found a lot of feedback from the teachers stupid and pointless, if not offensive at times (I feel most Swedish as second language teachers want all of their students to be poor refugees who never studied past basic literacy and then they will open up this fantastic world of education to them and it is difficult to deal with them when you are a university graduate, especially as most of them are not).
In general, don't think of this as a course or a test in Swedish, remember your high school native language classes and think that, just in Swedish. And, if you are from a country with a decent standard of education, think much more basic. And much more focused on crap such as diversity and identity, less on the language itself.
+
magg
post 26.Feb.2015, 10:37 AM
Post #5

In short, I think any idiot could pass this course, but the problem is, you do need to write everything in Swedish so it does take a decent amount of active vocabulary, otherwise it will be simply too hard to write a 1000 word book report and similar. Even though the report itself can be as stupid as it gets and still get a pass. But you need to be able to spew out 1000 words of understandable text in Swedish, if you can't do that, you will struggle, especially if you need to do all that over 5 weeks.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: