The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Study in Sweden but live in Copenhagen?

Applying for a Swedish RP as an Australian citizen

post 16.Mar.2019, 08:59 AM
Post #1
Joined: 16.Mar.2019

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for a Residence Permit to study at Lund as an exchange student, as an Australian citizen.

1. Is it possible to be granted a Swedish Residence Permit with a Danish address?

I intend to live in Copenhagen with the owner of the property.

2. Are there any implications arising from this?

Immigration control, access to health care, etc?

I'm not sure if anyone here has been in this situation, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
Case officer
post 16.Mar.2019, 09:05 AM
Post #2
Joined: 25.Jul.2012

1. Yes, you can be granted a Swedish residence permit even if you do not have an address in Sweden. You will probably need a Danish residence permit if you wish to live in Denmark.

2. If you do not live in Sweden you are not covered by the Sweden-Australia treaty on certain medical benefits:
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: