Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

The Local _ Finance _ Looking for a property manager for small rental

Posted by: Amandanelson 17.Sep.2020, 02:00 PM

I live in the US and my family owns a small property that is currently occupied by a distant relative. We need an agent or someone in Sweden to act as a go-between and collect payments for utilities and other fees on our behalf. In the US we have property managers that handle this and who typically charge 10% of the monthly rent.
I imagine this exists in Sweden as well, but in my searches I haven't quite come up with the exact Swedish equivalent for what we call a property manager in the US.
Any guidance, suggestions, or, even better, referrals would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 17.Sep.2020, 03:10 PM

How to say real estate manager in Swedish
Swedish Translation


Posted by: Amandanelson 17.Sep.2020, 04:09 PM

^ Tack s? mycket! Having the correct term is very helpful!

Posted by: Anders 18.Sep.2020, 08:03 AM

I would say that fastighetschef is something else.

I never heard of such businesses in Sweden, but they may exist of course. I found they seem to handle the payment, but you probably want more services? There are some relocation agencies but I guess there is demand only in the biggest cities for that. Very few people rent houses here, at least compared to the US. The few people that own-to-let probably want to keep all the money themselves. Maybe that is an idea, ask someone else that have a house to rent to handle yours too.

Posted by: Amandanelson 19.Sep.2020, 10:44 PM

Thanks that helps a lot. Asking another landlord is a very good idea.

Powered by Invision Power Board (
© Invision Power Services (