The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

EU Blue Card

The process

xeeshankh
post 31.Oct.2018, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Hi Experts,

If one has to leave Sweden due to work permit rejection, can he/she apply for the blue card from home country without having to wait for that 'cooling period' ?

Regards,
Zee
Go to the top of the page
+
guscavge
post 4.Nov.2018, 07:38 PM
Post #2

I'm afraid you'll have to explain your question better than that. What do you mean by "blue card"?

If you mean the European health insurance card, this is a card that you can apply for from the EU country in which you work and/or live. There is no "cooling period": if you work legally in Sweden, you can apply for the card from Försäkringskassan.

Since you mention that the work permit has been rejected, then I assume that you do not have the right to work in an EU-country. Is that correct? In that case you may not have a blue card.
+
xeeshankh
post 7.Nov.2018, 11:06 PM
Post #3

Hi,

EU blue card is like a work permit, you can find the information here.

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...-Blue-Card.html

Regards,
Zee
+
Cedar2
post 7.Nov.2018, 11:09 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (xeeshankh @ 8.Nov.2018, 12:06 AM) *
Hi,. EU blue card is like a work permit, you can find the information here.. https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...-Blue-Card.html. Regards,. Zee

But, what is the average salary in Sweden given that Sweden has no minimum wage.
+
guscavge
post 11.Nov.2018, 04:56 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Cedar2 @ 8.Nov.2018, 12:09 AM) *
But, what is the average salary in Sweden given that Sweden has no minimum wage.
You have information on the page that was linked above
+
hatim
post 11.Nov.2018, 05:34 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Cedar2 @ 7.Nov.2018, 11:09 PM) *

All legal salaries in Sweden are reported to tax office.

They can do all kinds of stats (including average).

One could question if that 1.5 times national average means much in city like Stockholm. It is not much in reality.
+
hatim
post 11.Nov.2018, 05:34 PM
Post #7

+
raja
post 28.Jan.2019, 06:49 AM
Post #8

Hi,

On 25 Jan 2019, Blue card eligibility salary limit has been increased to SEP 50550.

Any idea what could happen if we would have submitted application earlier i.e. before incresing the new Salary threshold ? Should we need to update Migartionsverket if submitted salary limit is less than current new threshold ? If we submit, migration board will revoke the decision or we just want to inform as a process to them , so that we will not have any problem during extension of same blue card ? Can you anyone please clarify this ?
+
Case officer
post 28.Jan.2019, 07:29 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (raja @ 28.Jan.2019, 06:49 AM) *
Any idea what could happen if we would have submitted application earlier i.e. before incresing the new Salary threshold ?

Yes, your application will be rejected bc of your low wage.
+
raja
post 30.Jan.2019, 07:12 AM
Post #10

In this case, if we send new letter with increased salary threshold to attach in the list of submitted documents. Would this be ok for Case officer to take positive decision ?
+
gsurya
post 30.Jan.2019, 11:07 PM
Post #11

My work permit is due for extension in October and my salary level is above the 50k mark. Does this mean I can apply for this EU Blue card instead?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: