The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
22 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 >   Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

pepitoAndalucia
post 31.Oct.2019, 10:30 PM
Post #301

QUOTE (ersel @ 31.Oct.2019, 10:32 PM) *
Housing shortage is a product of the desire to make the profit out of on of the humans most basic needs - a place to live. This can be solved, but it is not, and that is done ... (show full quote)

We should be concerned when a country like sweden keeps rentals so difficult to find with such short term contracts for second hand and therefore having to queue years as the only solutions for stable long term rental accommodation. It's a way to control people and how they live their lives.

I always thought this is done on purpose. When I ask swedes about how the rental market can be so bad there is a silence, they look the other way, they smile like with complicity as knowing what the goal is or they simply say... it's because of the immigrants but then I do some research and the problem has been there since before the refuge crisis.

Sweden worries me because they are well connected to global institutions but the way of life they want to sell abroad are negative and restrictive and the way they do things is covertly and behind doors which makes them difficult to spot.

In Spain problems are public and corruption is visible, we all know, nobody is trying to hide it and there are no doubts but in sweden all of that is hidden not just by the media but by the obedient citizen who will deceive, write false news and lie if necessary in order to defend the system. Creepy, don't you think?. The perfect sheeple society. That's why sweden is treated with preference at the major global institutions. That's the ideology they want to export to the rest of the world. They want drones, not people.
Go to the top of the page
+
worldcitizen70
post 1.Nov.2019, 10:53 AM
Post #302

QUOTE (ersel @ 31.Oct.2019, 02:56 AM) *
Actually, not true on several accounts.First of all, the system in the country systematically prevents people from improving their conditions here so that they can create cond ... (show full quote)

This thread is making me worried. I have the possibility to move to Stockholm soon. Could you please send me a link to the Quora page you mention?

Also, what is Stockholm really like these days? I was last there many years ago (20ish) and I imagine it has changed somewhat. I have the opportunity to move there next year but reading this forum makes me reconsider. I can put up with the bad weather and dark nights if it is a nice place to live but I don't want to move my life if it is going to be a horrible experience.
+
ersel
post 1.Nov.2019, 03:40 PM
Post #303

QUOTE (worldcitizen70 @ 1.Nov.2019, 10:53 AM) *
This thread is making me worried. I have the possibility to move to Stockholm soon. Could you please send me a link to the Quora page you mention?

That would be a bit difficult, simply since I have changed the laptop (mine old got stolen) and would have too look if I have saved that link. That thread from quora is nothing unusual and revolutionary, and there are such accounts all over the place.

QUOTE (worldcitizen70 @ 1.Nov.2019, 10:53 AM) *
Also, what is Stockholm really like these days? I was last there many years ago (20ish) and I imagine it has changed somewhat. I have the opportunity to move there next year b ... (show full quote)

It should not be all that different from 20 years ago, except that it has not gotten significantly better, perhaps a bit worse in some regards. Inform yourself through the mainstream media, or read at the internet.
Provided that you got a job, stable housing with the job and that you can cover your expenses, it is then your choice. It depends also what do you want from life and what is your current situation like. All people's experiences are different and personal, don't look only at this forum as a reference.

I strongly dislike some things in the country, as many Swedes do themselves, and I do see some positives as well, nothing is all black and white. You have to form your own impressions, comparisons and experiences.

+
TheExpatEagle
post 1.Nov.2019, 08:32 PM
Post #304

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 31.Oct.2019, 11:30 PM) *
We should be concerned when a country like sweden keeps rentals so difficult to find with such short term contracts for second hand and therefore having to queue years as the ... (show full quote)

You never provide what you think the solution is to what you think the problem is.

Do you really think it is a good thing for there to be a 2nd hand market? Of course it isn't. If people don't need their 1st hand contract then they should hand it back for someone else to have.

It should never be okay for people to endlessly rent out their 1st hand apartment. It isn't okay in the UK and I don't know it to be okay in any other civilised country.

You could argue that it should be easier for people who own their own apartment to rent them out but that negatively impacts on the other people who own their apartment.

You think there should not be a queue so how do you think a housing company decide who should have an apartment? If it is deregulated you know foreigners won't get a look in after all you think Swedes are so racist...
+
Saywhatwhat
post 2.Nov.2019, 05:22 PM
Post #305

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 1.Nov.2019, 09:32 PM) *
You never provide what you think the solution is to what you think the problem is.Do you really think it is a good thing for there to be a 2nd hand market? Of course it isn ... (show full quote)

It’s simple... 1st hand contracts should be rented out on a first come first serve basis and whoever meets the financial criteria.

+
TheExpatEagle
post 2.Nov.2019, 07:54 PM
Post #306

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 2.Nov.2019, 06:22 PM) *
It’s simple... 1st hand contracts should be rented out on a first come first serve basis and whoever meets the financial criteria.

Congratulations, there are already plenty of companies who do what you wish. Go find one of them and get ready to try and call as soon as they are advertised.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 2.Nov.2019, 08:19 PM
Post #307

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 2.Nov.2019, 07:54 PM) *
Congratulations, there are already plenty of companies who do what you wish. Go find one of them and get ready to try and call as soon as they are advertised.

?

I already own.

And I’m already in the process of selling so as to leave all you suckers in sweden behind.

AND exactly... I would have to, or anyone, would have to really dig for one of those (if they even exist).... and if I were to call I had better have the regional dialect down perfectly, and be named Svenny Meatballson IV, otherwise.... nope.

There are plenty of racist people in Sweden. Plenty. There are plenty who have other prejudices and then there are many many many who are xenophobic, and there are many who are afraid of their shadow.

A healthy society would not have people crossing the street or stepping off the double wide sidewalks to avoid people.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 3.Nov.2019, 07:18 PM
Post #308

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 2.Nov.2019, 09:19 PM) *
?I already own.And I’m already in the process of selling so as to leave all you suckers in sweden behind. AND exactly... I would have to, or anyone, would have to really dig ... (show full quote)

I love the irony of you making racist comments about Swedes while at the same time berating them for being racist. Hypocrite!

Don't let the door hit you on the way you.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Nov.2019, 10:59 PM
Post #309

He never set foot in Sweden except in his dreams...
+
Saywhatwhat
post 4.Nov.2019, 04:46 AM
Post #310

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 3.Nov.2019, 07:18 PM) *
I love the irony of you making racist comments about Swedes while at the same time berating them for being racist. Hypocrite!. Don't let the door hit you on the way you.

Awww you’re upset that I called out your hypocrisy in another thread I see. When you complain about having to pay for other people’s education... when you already pay for many services used by others. If you are opposed to that system then I think you are in the wrong place.

But boy are you thick. Is Swedish a race? Racism is thinking one race is superior than others. Please point out where I imply superiority of race...

Fool

I’ve simply pointed out that in housing, and typical day to day life... swedes prefer swedes.

Educate yourself on appropriate usage of words.

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 3.Nov.2019, 10:59 PM) *
He never set foot in Sweden except in his dreams...

Oof, you got me.

If only it was a dream.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 4.Nov.2019, 07:17 PM
Post #311

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 4.Nov.2019, 05:46 AM) *
Awww you’re upset that I called out your hypocrisy in another thread I see. When you complain about having to pay for other people’s education... when you already pay for ... (show full quote)

Am I upset? Thanks for telling me though I rarely get upset at people who are mentally disadvantaged.
+
temp0rary
post 5.Nov.2019, 05:33 AM
Post #312

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 14.Jun.2018, 07:52 PM) *
The most striking thing is, if you check other forums about other countries, you will never see so many people complaining about the same subjects as it is about sweden.You ar ... (show full quote)

Alright! Good to know what other people from other countries think of sweden! I have grown up here and i find sweden kinda boring. The people depends on who they are, but it's the attitude or something..
These days.
I have not travelled in my life.. Which i regret! I have been kinda stuck in sweden all my life.
But i would move to like spain or thailand maybe. People seem to be more friendly over there! I'm sure they are. Or germany. People should be more friendly there also im guessing..

It's like swedish people complain and have this introverted or cold attitude or something. Can't put my finger on it. Or why that is..

But i like to read how others see swedish people!

And when i read that swedish dudes get more hits on tinder Girls in other countries i thought that maybe the ladies are more fun in other countries also. wink.gif I just don't know. Thanks for posting that. Sweden seems kinda boring actually compared to other countries.. I might move away from here one day.
+
temp0rary
post 5.Nov.2019, 05:51 AM
Post #313

QUOTE (Am89 @ 27.Jun.2018, 04:33 PM) *
I am loosing all my mental well being. I have stopped growing in all levels (personal, spiritual, professional and so on) since I have moved to Sweden. I feel like I am loosin ... (show full quote)

Interesting..
How is that? It's your choise to read books on spiritual stuff though.. But why do you feel like this? Curious.
+
temp0rary
post 5.Nov.2019, 06:00 AM
Post #314

QUOTE (Stumc1981 @ 16.Sep.2019, 11:28 AM) *
Interesting discussion, I came here from England two years ago and it didn't take me long to realise that there is something seriously strange about the Swedish people (my ... (show full quote)

Good! Fun to read how people from other countries can think. I must agree with you on this even if i grew up in sweden. =)
+
temp0rary
post 5.Nov.2019, 06:05 AM
Post #315

QUOTE (Stumc1981 @ 16.Sep.2019, 05:15 PM) *
I agree, I forgot to add that on a recent trip to Uddevala (I have long time swedish friends there) I found the people much more friendly and open, so much so that I instantly ... (show full quote)

Also good to know. I agree that the further you come to denmark, the nicer people get in sweden!
I also live in Stockholm and have all my life. But i can almost feel the collective energy today. It's grey and lame. Kinda..
Cold.
It was a warmer country when i grew up here in the 80ies and 90ies.
Today it seems boring actually and a harsh climate. The people have changed with the times a bit also probably.. Not all, but most.
Never been to the UK, but i bet it's more nice then sweden. Go there. wink.gif
+

22 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: