The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

TV Channel Service

Documentary channels? comhem, satellite

teknism
post 16.Jul.2014, 11:20 AM
Post #1

I am interested in some TV channels but not able to figure out which is cheapest and best option.

I am mostly interested in documentary channels (National Geographic series, Discover series, History and like that) and movie channels.

Can you recommend what is best and cheap option I can have. What are the options I have?

One more thing I am don't know much about Dish TV (Dreambox, SkyTv and etc) how they work and their cost?
I am living on first floor is satellite will work in first floor balconey?
Go to the top of the page
+
Rick Methven
post 23.Jul.2015, 11:54 AM
Post #2

You need a clear view to the southeast 28.2 deg E to get Sky or Freesat and around 150cm dish. You will have a problem getting permission to errect such a dish. Your best bet is internet TV via a VPN or a smart box. You can also get the Filmon app and project to your TV.
+
DuneSunny2
post 23.Jul.2015, 02:25 PM
Post #3

If your in a rental apartment then it is always worth checking with your landlord a) what you are allowed to do (you probably will not be allowed to put up a dish without their permission) and cool.gif what TV packet they offer.
Telia and ComHem both a pretty good selection of channels via their broadband service.
+
intrepidfox
post 23.Jul.2015, 04:52 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 23.Jul.2015, 10:54 AM) *
You need a clear view to the southeast 28.2 deg E to get Sky or Freesat and around 150cm dish. You will have a problem getting permission to errect such a dish. Your best bet ... (show full quote)

+1
+
wondering_again
post 23.Jul.2015, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Looking at getting a Mag 254 box and a subscription online. No more mucking about with satellites.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: