The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Are Swedes barbarians?

The Swedish culture

-Hjoi-
post 19.Jun.2015, 07:14 PM
Post #1

Your leader said that the culture of your country in its simplest form is barbarianism.

I wonder what he means by this.

Does he mean that you Swedes are violent, backward and uneducated like the Vikings from whom you're descended?

Does he mean that Sweden has no culture?

I looked on Wikipedia and Sweden does have some form of culture, but I guess its mostly all about Vikings?

I guess in some respects your leader is right then.

The only bit of Viking history I know is that time in 793AD when your ships landed on the shores of Northumbria, England.

Your people were seen by the then far superior Anglo Saxon peoples as backward, uneducated and unenlightened pagans.

You were really just thugs who destroyed everything you pleased.

Compared to much more forward thinking countries like Britain and France, Sweden was a filthy, violent and uncultured place.

Ironically, I see that in 2015 your country doesn't look very cultured on the outside.

Most of you live in wooden houses like my garden shed.

Many of your houses look like the houses found in poor fishing communities in Northern England, like Grimsby.

Maybe this is my spoilt British mind talking. It's just that most British people are used to seeing houses made of brick,
stately homes, mannor houses and generally much more regal and grander structures than the wooden shacks you
people call home.

But I can see why this makes your country look poor like the Northern fishing towns of England.

I can certainly see where the barbarianism reference comes from after thinking about it.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Your country doesn't have anything cherishable worth protecting from the 'immigrant scourge'
many people think are destroying your country.

Sweden should embrace immigration. Welcome it with open arms.

It will grow your economy over time, and you'll become rich, as well as being the best example of a multicultural society in Europe.

Countries like Britain will envy your integrated multicultural society when we have reduced our immigration even further.
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 19.Jun.2015, 08:10 PM
Post #2

Wise words, indeed...Can you tell us more???

Maybe something about the Varangian Guard or Danegeld???
+
Bsmith
post 19.Jun.2015, 10:17 PM
Post #3

If you are representative of the immigrants coming into Sweden, I can see why some might oppose immigration.
+
Hisingen
post 19.Jun.2015, 10:57 PM
Post #4

I see the troll has woken again and is set on stirring - as per usual. Don't rise to the bait, just let him/her/ it die a natural death.

laugh.gif
+
Laurelia
post 19.Jun.2015, 11:16 PM
Post #5

Did you want me to correct your English?
+
skogsbo
post 20.Jun.2015, 06:37 AM
Post #6

What a Muppet.
+
Rick Methven
post 20.Jun.2015, 10:40 AM
Post #7

The great British myth, only houses made of brick are solid, safe or morgageable! What a plonker
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Jun.2015, 01:54 PM
Post #8

Hey the Motte and Bailey's, did a great job in their day!!!
+
Hisingen
post 20.Jun.2015, 03:43 PM
Post #9

Well done, gang.
He/she/it has got the response he/she/it deserved.
Just loved the bit about "correcting the English".

laugh.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Jun.2015, 03:50 PM
Post #10

In a way we need things like him/it...we become inspired and achieve higher levels of painlessly intelligent rejection of that which we find distasteful!!! blink.gif unsure.gif

laugh.gif
+
littleviking
post 21.Jun.2015, 10:56 AM
Post #11

Yes they are and soon they will rise and get their double bladed axe and start hunting trolls and annoying immigrants that do not wish to fit in in Sweden or dont want to contribute to swedish economy(ppl that just want to get as much money from the government and dont wish to ever work).
all my Swedish friends hunt, fish and have quite a lot of hunting gear so probably other swedes have them too, be aware.
+
Hisingen
post 21.Jun.2015, 11:56 AM
Post #12

I think that hjoi - be it a him/her/it - should be reported to the Association of Trolls for overstepping the rules of Trolldom.
They would then haul hjoi before the Grand Master to explain why their rules are being exploited by such a low-life individual.

rolleyes.gif cool.gif unsure.gif
+
badkarma
post 21.Jul.2015, 01:25 PM
Post #13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE0-KWo_dhs
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 22.Jul.2015, 12:34 AM
Post #14

+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: