The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

European citizen married to citizen of Syria

with permanent residence permit in Sweden

Lenka62
post 22.Aug.2016, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Hej!
I would like to ask u some questions about my rights in Sweden.
My husband is Syrian citizen living and working legally in Sweden under permanent residence permit. I am EU citizen and have european healthcare insurance (the blue card), passport, ID card and everything.
Were living in first hand flat and have constant income. I came to Sweden in December 2015 we officially married in Swedish Radhus in may 2016.
1.) After marriage i applied in Skatteverket for personnumer - as a reason of moving to Sweden I filled - "living with a family member" - my application was denied.
In the explanation from Skatteverket I was told, that me as a european citizen do not need to apply for moving to Sweden, and that I have no right to put a reason of moving to family member if my husband is syrian citizen.(but he is actually living in Sweden, paying taxes and has permanent permit)
HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? WHAT CAN I DO THEN TO GET PERSONAL NUMBER? SHOULD I APPLY ONCE MORE AND FILL SOMETHING ELSE IN APPLICATION?
(Im not working - because of pregnancy - all costs are on my husbands shoulders)
2.) Iv been told in my home insurance office - that me as a married european woman without any economic activity should be automatically connected to insurance of my husband (my husband has the same blue European insurance card as me - he has personal number, aliens passport, swedish ID CARD and all that stuff)
WHEN I CALLED THE FORSAKRINGSKASSAN THEY DENIED MY QUESTION TO BE CONNECTED TO MY HUSBANDS INSURANCE BECAUSE OF THE SAME REASON - HE IS NOT SWEDISH CITIZEN, NOR CITIZEN OF EUROPEAN COUNTRY. THEY TOLD ME THEY CANT HELP ME EVEN DIDNT GIVE ME ANY MORE INFO WHAT STEPS SHOULD I DO.
Iam really disappointed in that because of my pregnancy - Im forced to pay insurance in my homeland even if I dont use it and it actually doesnt cover costs of pregnancy services here in Sweden. I have to pay it double.
Is there someone who can give me real informations, what should I do, or who should I contact?
Should I ask any lawyer here in Sweden? Can you give me any contacts?

Thank you for help guys!
Go to the top of the page
+
LLHope
post 22.Aug.2016, 01:05 PM
Post #2

In Sweden there is no connection in benefits/welfare between partners, whether married or not. Everyone is treated as individuals. I suspect your home country is just saying how they do it, many countries have certain things by household, not here in Sweden though.

You are married to a Permanent Residence Permit holder, then even though you are EU citizen you should apply for a relationship permit at Migrationsverket under Swedish National rules. You should be allowed to stay whilst they process the application.

As for pregnancy, Swedish law allows for people without decisions (or documentation) entitlement to almost-free medical treatment, this includes pre-natal care & birth.
+
Case officer
post 22.Aug.2016, 01:28 PM
Post #3

To be issued a personal number you must be an employee, self employed, be a service provider or have a capital to live off. You must have a comprehensive medical insurance either from your home country or through an insurance company. You must also show that you will meet these requirements for at least 12 months.
+
moodyb
post 22.Aug.2016, 02:14 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Case officer @ 22.Aug.2016, 02:28 PM) *
To be issued a personal number you must be an employee, self employed, be a service provider or have a capital to live off. You must have a comprehensive medical insurance eit ... (show full quote)

It is this kind of advice that gets people in this trouble to begin with.

If an EU citizen wants to move to Sweden to live with a permanent resident or citizen in Sweden and does not have employment, he/she needs to do exactly the same thing as any non-EU citizen would. No EU country offers full health coverage to someone who permanently moved to a different EU country unless that person is a posted worker, retired or self-employed, as just like in Sweden, most of those rights are residence based. So the minute she said the purpose of her move was to join a settled husband, all this EU freedom of movement blahblah became irrelevant as it does not cover her case.

Unfortunately, in the OPs case this means waiting one, two, three, ten years for Migrationsverket to process her application and in the mean time she would be better off going around papperslös than refering to her EU citizenship. I would not be so sure that it is possible to do all pregnancy care and child birth in Sweden on a different member state's national insurance without explicit prior approval (as that does not qualify as an emergency but rather planned care).

Sweden is unfortunately very special about this and other member states probably don't understand this (in other countries you either have a legal right to be there or not, whereas Swedes seem to be oddly proud of distinguishing between uppehållstillstånd and uppehållsrätt even though the whole logic is rather far fetched and serves no obvious purpose, other than creating situations such as this, where it is simultaneously implied that the OP doesn't need a residence permit because she is an EU citizen, even though she can never get access to Swedish healthcare without either getting this permit or getting a job.
+
helpplease
post 31.Oct.2016, 12:52 AM
Post #5

not an expect, but as EU citizen. any kind of work can and doesn't matter how much you work or you earn can get you a personal number. did you and your partner, are register at skatteverket at the same adress or cohabitant partner?
if yes i think there is a chance that he can take a privat home insurance for you too. here in sweden.
still saying i am not an expect
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: