The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Personal Privacy

*Cyberfluff*
post 20.Nov.2005, 03:53 PM
Post #1

Gordy and I have been talking a bit after he found the link on the hate site that included some quotes taken from these forums and the user names of the posters. A lot of people have said they are new to forums/message boards/BBS/etc. and didn't realize their name would show up.

If you go to UPDATE DETAILS (located on the top left menu) you can change your name. That's the name that displays on your posts, so if you change it there it will change on all your earlier posts as well. For people who don't want to have their full name on their posts for privacy reasons, it's quick and easy to fix.

Hope this helps some of you out. :mrgreen:

The Local, maybe we could have a Tech Stuff section added for tips like this?
Go to the top of the page
+
*Streja*
post 20.Nov.2005, 04:15 PM
Post #2

And I am used to forums and still didn't get that Name was Username...and then afterwards I didn't bother changing...in restrospect I wish I had! Now those Nazis have my full name...I have unregistered my old name...bad choice..so now all my old posts say my full name...how do I change that?
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 20.Nov.2005, 04:24 PM
Post #3

You would probably need the Local to do it. I don't know how that's set up in the database, so I couldn't guess as to how much work it might be for them. It could just be a simple query, but it might be a lot more work. I don't have a site running phpBB to look at right now either, so I can't just look and see. sad.gif
+
xneoist
post 3.Dec.2005, 05:28 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Streja)
And I am used to forums and still didn't get that Name was Username...and then afterwards I didn't bother changing...in restrospect I wish I had! Now those Nazis have my full name...I have unregistered my old name...bad choice..so now all my old posts say my full name...how do I change that?

I don't think you have anything to worry about, nazis tend to be pus*ies here and don't really do anything else than make stupid threats.
+
*Rebajas*
post 23.Dec.2005, 04:05 PM
Post #5

I can have a look into it for you.
+
*Rebajas*
post 6.Jan.2006, 06:44 PM
Post #6

I had a look into it :wink:
+
Mike
post 6.Jan.2006, 10:17 PM
Post #7

What hate site?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: