The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Moving to Sweden

and bringing in family

Atin
post 20.Mar.2018, 08:34 PM
Post #1

Hello everybody!

I am going to move to Sweden from India in coming few months as a post doctoral researcher in Umea University. My initial contract will be for 2 years with a possibility of further extension. However, I will be getting married by the end of the year and I wish to bring my better half with me. I wish to know if she will be allowed to work in Sweden. Moreover, I read that jobs are scarce in Umea so I wanted to know if we could startup some work-from-home like thing to keep her occupied and add to the income. She is a trained baker and also has a good deal of home tutoring experience. How hard will it be for us ti set up a small business or find her a job as a private tutor?
I'll be very thankful if someone can help me with this.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 20.Mar.2018, 10:40 PM
Post #2

Does she speak any Swedish? If not, it might be a good idea for her to start learning a bit. Duolingo is very good.
+
robbie1985
post 22.Mar.2018, 02:46 PM
Post #3

I can also add my recommendation for duolingo, it's by far the best free resource I used.

Regarding setting up a business, there is a lot of very useful information about this on The Migration Office website written in English.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: