The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

GDPR personal data removal in Sweden

It is possible!

cootje1976
post 5.Feb.2019, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Now since there was a topic related to the GDPR in Sweden, it seems more than fitting to create a topic on how to remove your information from the following sites:

- Eniro
- Hitta
- Merinfo
- Ratsit

Note that these are the biggest ones; if there are any more out there let me know, and I’ll investigate.
How to remove your information on Eniro:
If you are listed there you can do the following as listed on their site:

* Via Eniros kundservice 0770-11 32 00 går det att göra en Internetspärr men informationen blir då endast spärrad på eniro.se
Translated it means that you need to contact them, and by doing an internet block on your name, you will not be listed in their search results. Basically the same way Google uses the right to be forgotten; kind of the same thing. Eniro seems to be the one doing a very thorough job tho, once you block yourself, their is no way that your info is leaked through their system.

Hitta.se:

On their site if you are listed, you should be able to click the link “Ändra personuppgifter” (Change personal details), and in then you have to log in with your bankid and you will have the option somewhere in there to remove your details from the site. “Ta bort uppgifter” will do the trick. Takes a couple of hours to maybe a day and then all your details are gone.

Merinfo.se:

On the bottom of their site they now have a link “Ta bort Uppgifter”. If you click that link you will be forwarded to a page where you need to login with the bankid, and then you can remove your details. The removal is instant.

Ratsit.se:

Ratsit is a bit more an*l and collects the most amount of information and is the least happy to comply with a removal request. However if you send them an email that you want all your data removed, they will send you a document that you have to print out and fill in and send it back to them with a copy of your ID, and they will remove your details from their page. The do stress that they will not stop credit reports that are issued on you, but since you will be a bit harder to find, chances of people just getting credit reports on you becomes a bit harder.

In all these situations please bear in mind that to achieve the best results it is imperative that all people living on the address do the above steps as well, in case you would like to “anonymise” the household completely. If one is not properly done that information can lead back to the household, and from their you might be able to query individual users.
Also let me know if it worked or not! And if any information that I posted here is incorrect feel free to let me know and I amend it.

Based on the amount of GDPR complaints received, and the future expansion of the directive, I guess lots of these companies are trying to at least start cleaning up shop before the law actually becomes in effect. I do know that the Data inspectorate is happy since it will lead to lesser complaints.
So I guess the openness of society has it limits, and for a good cause.

Let me know if it worked, and list additional sites so we can help people to remove their information, or to be able to “opt-out” from this in a meaningful way.

For the idiots that state that the GDPR is want for the free and unlimited access of personal information (Seen that pass a couple of times, and many Swedes think that, believe you me!), think again and read the article below:
https://gdpr-info.eu/issues/personal-data/

Enjoy!
Go to the top of the page
+
cootje1976
post 5.Feb.2019, 10:01 AM
Post #2

Apologies for some written errors in the text, I should've proofread it properly before posting. But you should be getting the jist of it anyways...
+
Uncle Fred
post 5.Feb.2019, 10:01 AM
Post #3

I agree it is more fitting to have a new thread for the purpose of helping people with this. I can see you have put a lot of effort into this. This something that should really be pursued and I agree people who believe in openness in Sweden are being very naive.
I so far have removed myself from Eniro, Hitta and Ratsit, I used the threat of reporting them to the EU. I explained that they would be fined 4% of their total income and I could claim compensation under the GDRP rules. Merinfo has been harder, even The Swedish Data Protection Authority (Datainspektionen) told me their hands were tied. But now I see you have found a way to remove it. I will try this see what happens.
It annoys me that myself and my family's information is being broadcast all over the internet without consent. What infuriates me more is they are using people to make money, very deviously.

Good post cootje1976, lets get the rest of "The Local" community working on this.
+
cootje1976
post 5.Feb.2019, 11:27 AM
Post #4

Thanks!

Started to create a blog and just adding all the info there as well:

https://pricavyinsweden.blogspot.com/2019/0...seems-more.html
+
TheExpatEagle
post 5.Feb.2019, 06:06 PM
Post #5

There are many, many websites that offer the service. Good luck removing yourself from them all. Hitta and Eniro are phone directories so just telling your phone service that you want to be hidden is enough.

If I want to look up someone I will just contact Skatteverket and request the information saying the person is looking to rent an apartment form me. They hand over whatever you are looking for.

Why change Sweden? You should change countries.
+
cootje1976
post 5.Feb.2019, 06:33 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 5.Feb.2019, 06:06 PM) *
There are many, many websites that offer the service. Good luck removing yourself from them all. Hitta and Eniro are phone directories so just telling your phone service that ... (show full quote)

I am not trying to change Sweden. As far as I see it Sweden is a part of the EU and should play fair when it comes to privacy, just like the others do.

Now that being said, I know that there are possibly many other sites that contain information, but hey we do it one at the time, we'll get there. At least there are some tools at the disposal of people that want to minimize this a bit. And it was confirmed earlier by 3 of the major players listed in the op that the removal is done on a PN level, and no matter if you change phone number it will be blocked.

And that is what this is for.

And yes I know you can call Skatteverket, but that is not the intended flow of this topic.

And no, not looking to change Sweden, more to let it comply to what it agreed to. Trying to change the country is a right only for the citizens of Sweden, and although I will probably live here forever (space, living in the middle of nowhere!), I will remain a Dutchman. We have a lot more liberties than the Swedes do... Which we experience every time we go back home; family, privacy, and legal weed!!!

Now Trump that!(Pun intended!)
+
Uncle Fred
post 5.Feb.2019, 08:17 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 5.Feb.2019, 06:06 PM) *
There are many, many websites that offer the service. Good luck removing yourself from them all. Hitta and Eniro are phone directories so just telling your phone service that ... (show full quote)

As cootje1976 says no one is trying change Sweden. Its about getting Sweden to conform (and that includes Skatteverket) and apply the GDRP rules. What is wrong with that, if people wish live in privacy they should be entitled too. Or are you against that? If you wish to have your private details broadcast all over the world then do so, good luck with that.
What do you mean by "You should change countries"?
+
alra
post 11.Jul.2019, 02:46 PM
Post #8

Some life in an old topic wink.gif.
But maybe someone knows how to remove data from mrkoll.se?

I did send an email to Nusvar (company behind mrkoll), but only got an automatic reply, where some standard answers are stated. One of them:

"
Har ni rätt att publicera mina uppgifter utan att jag har gett mitt medgivande till det?

Mrkoll.se är en grundlagsskyddad tjänst. Vårt utgivningsbevis har meddelats av Myndigheten för press, radio och tv. En effekt av detta är att publiceringarna sker med stöd av lagen om yttrandefrihet, varför dataskyddsförordningen GDPR inte gäller. Du kan läsa mer om publicering av uppgifter och utgivningsbevis direkt i tjänsten under valet Om tjänsten.
"
At google translate:
"Do you have the right to publish my information without my consent?

Mrkoll.se is a constitutional service. Our issuance certificate has been announced by the Press, Radio and TV Authority. One effect of this is that the publications are based on the Act on Freedom of Expression, which is why the data protection regulation GDPR does not apply. You can read more about the publication of information and proof of publication directly in the service during the selection About the service.
"

Is this just me, or is this totally crazy?

And, if someone knows how to remove data there, I will be happy to know!
+
cootje1976
post 11.Jul.2019, 03:02 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (alra @ 11.Jul.2019, 01:46 PM) *
Some life in an old topic .But maybe someone knows how to remove data from mrkoll.se?I did send an email to Nusvar (company behind mrkoll), but only got an automatic reply, wh ... (show full quote)

This is absolutely crazy, but there is not much if not anything at all that you can do about it. I am sure it will change in the future, since it is already deemed to be a GDPR violation by datainspectionen by selling customers financial data via those sites without their consent. Selling being the vocal point here.

When getting a subscription please make sure that you have you phone number set to hidden.

I know it is a crazy situation. Where we're from this would absolutely not be possible due to the simple fact that it would make it easy with that info to find the loaded people and rob them blind. Hands down.

The law is from the 1900 I think and did not " mature" with the internet age. Something that is hard to get for some folks... When this law was instated you needed to get a piece of paper to get this done.

To me press freedom is something entirely different, but not this... But yeah, it is Sweden...
+
TheExpatEagle
post 11.Jul.2019, 09:36 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (cootje1976 @ 11.Jul.2019, 04:02 PM) *
This is absolutely crazy, but there is not much if not anything at all that you can do about it. I am sure it will change in the future, since it is already deemed to be a GDP ... (show full quote)

It depends where the data is stored. For example, maybe the data is pulled directly from Skatteverket much like 3rd party apps that display information from SL or Skånetrafiken. In that situation it isn't against GDPR because nobody is storing information.

Another side is if the information is stored on the 3rd party site it can be said it is new information each time the information is updated. They can 'delete' the information then relist it making it a new period.

That said, if you think the EU will do anything to change the system here I'll just say that Systembolaget is illegal under the EU Monopoly Law and Sweden has been instructed/ordered/told to deregulate it and let other companies sell alcohol.

We can see how the EU has changed how Sweden sells alcohol can't we?
+
cootje1976
post 11.Jul.2019, 10:10 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 11.Jul.2019, 09:36 PM) *
It depends where the data is stored. For example, maybe the data is pulled directly from Skatteverket much like 3rd party apps that display information from SL or Skånetrafik ... (show full quote)

Doe it matter what happens? Nah, it doesn't. Just like Sweden ain't a part of the EU when it comes to matters of privacy. Meanwhile I'll be skanking around on these lovely sites and start selling, or giving the details from some of the more well to do citizens of this country to some of the criminal overlords abroad.
Then the wave of robberies will begin; they know where to go to begin with...

Heck I am waiting for the day this actually starts happening... Ow wait, the SEK is sinking, no value here anymore... Whoops...
+
TheExpatEagle
post 12.Jul.2019, 07:15 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (cootje1976 @ 11.Jul.2019, 11:10 PM) *
Doe it matter what happens? Nah, it doesn't. Just like Sweden ain't a part of the EU when it comes to matters of privacy. Meanwhile I'll be skanking around on thes ... (show full quote)

If it were that simple to commit fraud by the means you mention it would be happening all over the place.

I have yet to encounter an online trader who will post to anywhere other than the registered address and the security when it comes to online purchases is very good. I'd love someone to order something in my name and be able to actually collect it.

It's just a case of foreigners being the problem not the system. Don't like it, go somewhere else.
+
cootje1976
post 12.Jul.2019, 07:37 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 12.Jul.2019, 07:15 PM) *
If it were that simple to commit fraud by the means you mention it would be happening all over the place.I have yet to encounter an online trader who will post to anywhere oth ... (show full quote)

No and for 2 reasons.

First reason, I’m making good points. That goes for most of the working foreigners in this country. I mean the hard working ones. Like me and many more that just do not get the system, but try their best to live with it.

Second reason. Second reason. Second reason, and this is the big one, I’m foreign… and that’s pissing the fuck out of you right now, and your brain is on a loop and you can’t fucking turn it off, and it’s just going around in a circle, and you’re just going, “If you don’t like it, go home! If you don’t like it, go home!”

And my answer to that is, “No.” I came here legally. I pay my taxes. I’ll say whatever the fuck I want. Your laws in this country also give us the right to state that the laws and legal amendments in this country suck dicks whenever they do not make sense. Just like you can do the same in the Netherlands if you would be living there and would not be able to poll info from your neighbours because it is firewalled.

Guess that would suck for the average Swede moving to the Netherlands finding out that there is no 'mrKoll' to check who is moving into the neighborhood on number 9. Not being able to just call the tax authority for info... Or check on car data to find the owners address... And so on and so on. Mostly legal and perfectly fine in Sweden, but past Denmark it is out of the question... Is that weird?

I guess the system here might not work for some, but we are enduring, and will continue bitch and moan about it because it is our right to do so.

And now I am off smoking a joint in happy Town Amsterdam where we do not give a fuck, and enjoying the festivals and the rappers here (AsapR rules!) untill I am back in sobering 'lagom' Sweden...

Where some things just don't make sense...
+
TheExpatEagle
post 13.Jul.2019, 08:28 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (cootje1976 @ 12.Jul.2019, 08:37 PM) *
No and for 2 reasons.First reason, I’m making good points. That goes for most of the working foreigners in this country. I mean the hard working ones. Like me and many more ... (show full quote)

Hey, knobhead... If you notice my username you'll notice I am a foreigner too! So I will say it again, as an Englishman, if you don't like the Swedish system f**k off home or somewhere else where you do like the system!

I am a guest in someone else's home. I either do as they do or I leave. I don't tell them how to live their life if I don't like it.

Again, from one foreigner to another, leave Sweden to be Sweden.
+
cootje1976
post 13.Jul.2019, 08:43 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 13.Jul.2019, 08:28 PM) *
Hey, knobhead... If you notice my username you'll notice I am a foreigner too! So I will say it again, as an Englishman, if you don't like the Swedish system f**k ... (show full quote)

Cheers mate! Got on her nerve there, have a nice day anyway!

Attached Image

+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: