The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Looking at sales of Bostadsrätt properties

avgift details - what does it all mean?

Lingonberry
post 13.May.2014, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Can someone explain these things for me please?
When it says on hemnet that the avgift includes "Com-hems grundpaket kabel-TV" does that mean there is no extra charge to watch a number of TV channels ? Do you just plug a cable in from your TV ?
When it mentions including Broadband in the avgift does that mean that you don't have to pay a provider every month or just that there is a socket provided but you still have to pay Telia or someone?
Also what is the charge of Driftkostnad for? Is it a fixed charge extra to the avgift or is it just an estimate of running costs like electricity?
Is the property insurance covered by the avgift?
Many thanks for your help.
Go to the top of the page
+
ShaunD
post 13.May.2014, 12:52 PM
Post #2

We have just bought a bostadsr?tt house so hopefully I can help a little here.
1. Comhem's basic package (we have the same at ours) means you just connect your tv via the standard coax connection, re tune your channels and you get 12 as standard.
2. Broadband isnt included in our monthly 'avgift' but Comhem had a great deal on their 50mb package for only 100kr a month for 12 months so we took that. (If you have the Comhem socket in the wall then you just connect your router to that if you decide to go with their broadband).
3. Our driftkostnad is the same every month which includes everything (water, heating, electric, maintenance, garden tidying, bin collection, snow clearing, garage space etc etc.) Ours also includes buildings insurance but we have to pay for contents insurance extra.
4. Property insurance (see above !)

Hope this helps wink.gif
+
Willy
post 13.May.2014, 02:37 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Lingonberry @ 13.May.2014, 01:15 PM) *
When it says on hemnet that the avgift includes "Com-hems grundpaket kabel-TV" does that mean there is no extra charge to watch a number of TV channels ? Do you jus ... (show full quote)

Yes and yes.

When it mentions including Broadband in the avgift does that mean that you don't have to pay a provider every month or just that there is a socket provided but you still h ... (show full quote)

The former.

Also what is the charge of Driftkostnad for? Is it a fixed charge extra to the avgift or is it just an estimate of running costs like electricity?

Additional to the monthly fee, but not a fixed charge. For apartments, my experience is that it is mostly the cost of electricity, since water and heating are usually included in the monthly fee. Depends on how much you use, of course. There are different arrangements: sometimes you are treated as an individual customer with respect to the power companies and pay them directly, somtimes the BRF has done a deal for the whole building and bill the charges to you themselves.

Is the property insurance covered by the avgift?

The association (BRF) has insurance for the parts for which they are liable. You as a tenant are expected to get home insurance (hemf
+
Lingonberry
post 14.May.2014, 11:27 AM
Post #4

Thanks for your help. Last time I was in Sweden I didn't get a TV or the broadband (I just used a mobile dongle) so I wasn't too sure about those things.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: