The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Notice period in probationary period

What if cancel the contract in last day

sepanta1990
post 20.Nov.2019, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Hi,
I am now in the probationary period that will be finished in 10 days. The notice period during probationary period is 2 weeks and after that 2 months. Now my question is if my employer cancels the contract now or on the last day of my probationary period, then I have to leave just in 2 weeks?
Go to the top of the page
+
Anders
post 20.Nov.2019, 09:08 PM
Post #2

There is a law but it is often overriden with a collective agreement. Mine says they need to cancel two weeks before the probationary period ends, but the law says they can cancel until the last day.
So yes, if you don't have a collective agreement that says otherwise you might be forced to leave in 14 days.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 21.Nov.2019, 12:08 AM
Post #3

To add to what Anders said if you want to hold an employer to account when it comes to collective agreements then I hope you are in a union and the correct one for your industry at that.
+
sepanta1990
post 21.Nov.2019, 09:39 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Anders @ 20.Nov.2019, 11:38 PM) *
There is a law but it is often overriden with a collective agreement. Mine says they need to cancel two weeks before the probationary period ends, but the law says they can ca ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 21.Nov.2019, 02:38 AM) *
To add to what Anders said if you want to hold an employer to account when it comes to collective agreements then I hope you are in a union and the correct one for your industry at that.

Thanks, Anders and TheExpatEagle. Yes, Collective agreement with Unionen has been mentioned in my contract. So now they have to treat me like a permanent employee? Since I have less than 2 weeks before the probationary period ends.
+
Anders
post 21.Nov.2019, 04:13 PM
Post #5

It still depends on what the collective agreement says. They are probably similar on the probationary period point but I don't really know.

It is good to know that "permanent employment" is legally called "tillsvidareanställning" ("employment until further notice") in Sweden, even if it sounds a bit temporary.

+
TheExpatEagle
post 21.Nov.2019, 07:23 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (sepanta1990 @ 21.Nov.2019, 10:39 AM) *
Thanks, Anders and TheExpatEagle. Yes, Collective agreement with Unionen has been mentioned in my contract. So now they have to treat me like a permanent employee? Since I hav ... (show full quote)

At the end of the day contact the union! If you let things be ambiguous you can't claim ignorance later on or that the employer did not notify you.

You can get peace of mind by having a quick chat with your rep or a call to the local office.

Speaking as a former union rep for 8 years in the UK and current rep for Unionen.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: