The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

English speaking jobs

All ideas welcome!

Cheeseroller
post 4.Jan.2018, 02:18 PM
Post #16

Try Googling "english jobs in sweden difficulty".
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 4.Jan.2018, 04:15 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Anniebelle17 @ 4.Jan.2018, 01:02 PM) *
I think we are missing a bit of love here...I do appreciate the advice of the forum and yes, of course we all need to be realistic about goals and what we can achieve in life ... (show full quote)

Annie, I was you several years back. Thought that with determination and hard work, I could carve out a successful life in Sweden (and I was actively learning to speak Swedish as well). Maybe I could have but after 14 months of trying I saw the proverbial handwriting on the wall. We moved back home and it turned out to be the right decision. So, I am not encouraging you not to try as you will need to find out for yourself, but my advice is to have an exit strategy in place so you don't end up, in a few years down the road, being trapped in Sweden and writing warnings to other starry eyed potential immigrants (who, of course, think you are just a negative person).
+
Bsmith
post 4.Jan.2018, 04:17 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Kali6 @ 29.Dec.2017, 07:01 PM) *
Wow, negative people.I never saw such negativity, especially from “ swedes” here!!I can’t determine actually if you are born swedes or just someone who came to S ... (show full quote)

Wow, with a chip on your shoulder like that, I actually do hope you move to Sweden. I would really like to hear what you would have to say in a few years.
+
iwanttogostockholm
post 4.Jan.2018, 05:07 PM
Post #19

I am thinking of going to Sweden to have a working holiday
I also don't understand Swedish.
I heard that Malmo is a city of immigrants.
So, most immigrants don't speak Swedish?
Do I have better chance to find an English job in Malmo?
+
Gellert
post 4.Jan.2018, 06:40 PM
Post #20

Hi,

My name is Gellert. I'm 27 years old. I come from Hungary, but I live in London 5 years. I work as chef for 4 years. My hobby is photography. I'm taking pictures since 2010.
I want move to Stockholm early February. I want to learn language too. I would like to visit the city end of January.
How I can find chef jobs there?
How can I get room?

Thank you very much for help.
+
Suicidalbadger
post 23.Jan.2018, 09:18 AM
Post #21

There are jobs, only two days ago we were in a cafe and the waitress did not speak Swedish so we had to order/pay in English. That was in Central Stockholm.

I've also seen jobs advertised on here for English speaking, mainly marketing roles within Europe for Swedish based companies, but they are out there so keep looking.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 26.Jan.2018, 05:50 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (Gellert @ 4.Jan.2018, 06:40 PM) *
Hi,My name is Gellert. I'm 27 years old. I come from Hungary, but I live in London 5 years. I work as chef for 4 years. My hobby is photography. I'm taking pictures si ... (show full quote)

We are supposed to have a critical shortage of chefs in Sweden according to Almega so I suggest you contact them and ask where you can get work.
+
Craig neilson
post 8.Feb.2018, 10:59 AM
Post #23

Hi All, I am looking for some English speaking Basketball commentators to do some live commentary in Stockholm PM me with interest. Cheers
+
taklgga
post 30.Mar.2018, 08:18 PM
Post #24

Hi! I need person, who can speak English in Stockholm, I am owner of TAKLÄGGARE STOCKHOLM and want best speaker for my customers!

Thanks
+
DNAB
post 12.Apr.2018, 03:01 PM
Post #25

Hi Annie

I am from a lab in the UK and we are looking for an English speaking nurse to take DNA Samples for us in Sweden. (Stockholm) (just a mouth swab)

Would you be interested?

Thnaks

Rebecca

rbutler@dnacenter.com
+
DNAB
post 12.Apr.2018, 03:10 PM
Post #26

Hi Annie

I am from a lab in the UK and we are looking for an English speaking nurse to take DNA Samples for us in Sweden. (Stockholm) (just a mouth swab)

Would you be interested?

Thnaks

Rebecca

rbutler@dnacenter.com
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Apr.2018, 07:40 PM
Post #27

Are you recruiting English speaking Swedes too???
+
Duongnh
post 13.Apr.2018, 07:49 AM
Post #28

I hope you would be find fit jobs
+
DNAB
post 15.Apr.2018, 04:18 PM
Post #29

Hi Gamia

Absolutely. If it is of interest please get in touch.

Thanks
Rebecca
+
GamlaSkogHisingHope
post 14.May.2018, 08:22 AM
Post #30

QUOTE (DNAB @ 15.Apr.2018, 04:18 PM) *
Hi Gamia. Absolutely. If it is of interest please get in touch.. Thanks. Rebecca

The Gamla person is a long time troll on this forum. By her/his own admittance they have never lived in Sweden and probably never actually visited either.
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: