The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4   Reply to this topic

Gjeebes you are right

This country is shit

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Sep.2019, 04:02 AM
Post #46

If these Federal laws were used by the States it would save a lot of lives...

It is part of an article replying to "Chuck" Schumer's statement that MORE Federal laws are needed...obviously a lie!!!

The laws are there, the states don't use them!!!

And there are more!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 7.Sep.2019, 06:36 AM
Post #47

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 7.Sep.2019, 12:37 AM) *
Our children are NOT at all like children in my day...What happened???

Probably many factors; Parenting, education, internet influences, badly funded mental healthcare, no reduction in gun access...
+
Saywhatwhat
post 7.Sep.2019, 07:47 AM
Post #48

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 7.Sep.2019, 05:02 AM) *
If these Federal laws were used by the States it would save a lot of lives...It is part of an article replying to "Chuck" Schumer's statement that MORE Federal l ... (show full quote)

What you are saying is the ATF needs to do their job. They need to be pushed by the administration to enforce the federal laws. It is their responsibility to enforce federal law in regards to gun running across state lines.

There are still more laws needed for enforcement and regulation.

Trump, his administration, and many of the right wing need to stop playing pocket pool with the NRA.... they are a massive roadblock to legislation and enforcement.
+
Bsmith
post 7.Sep.2019, 12:35 PM
Post #49

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 7.Sep.2019, 06:36 AM) *
Probably many factors; Parenting, education, internet influences, badly funded mental healthcare, no reduction in gun access...

There are indeed many factors, or root causes for the uptick in violence in today's youth. Kids of today are exposed to a lot more graphic violence on TV, movies, video games and even some music. The typical western of our day showed the sheriff shoot his gun and you saw a puff a smoke followed by the bad guy falling off his horse while clutching his stomach. Now we have a whole slew of Quinton Tarantino type movies with high body counts and extremely graphic violence. Young kids are exposed to this and the violent and extremely realistic video games from a very young age. No wonder that young, impressionable minds are becoming warped. Many of these mass shooters act as if they were in a video game.

Also, there is a decline in religion. like it or not, the Sunday school classes and services that many of us attended as kids helped to shape our moral character.

Another factor is the lack of parenting. Here, in the US, approximately 75% of all African American babies born are born out of wedlock into a single parent families. Study after study shows that kids with only one parent (especially boys without a dad in their lives) are more prone to join gangs, drop out of school and have a criminal record...and, of course, become more violent. And yet we continue to subsidize this type of parenting with our supposedly well intentioned social welfare programs.

Another factor is the ever increasing amount of pschycotropic medications that are prescribed by doctors. I read a disturbing article that stated that many mass shooters are on some type of medication and this may have very well influenced their hysteria. I personally know of two individuals that were put on anti-depressants and ended up committing suicide.

Finally, the press glorifies these sick individuals by publishing their manifestos, biographies, photos, etc. This inspires copy-cat type killings.

If you really want the government to do something, then these are the problems that should be looked at and addressed in some manner.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Sep.2019, 01:24 PM
Post #50

"marijuana, which, though legalized in many US states, remains illegal under federal law."

As above it is the States that decide which laws to use/enforce not the Federal Government...
+
Gjeebes
post 8.Sep.2019, 07:45 AM
Post #51

"Another factor is the lack of parenting. Here, in the US, approximately 75% of all African American babies born are born out of wedlock into a single parent families."

Right, but you seem to attempt, by calling out only African American people, that this doesn't happen except in their circles. Why might that be. Do you have a bias?

"Study after study shows that kids with only one parent (especially boys without a dad in their lives) are more prone to join gangs, drop out of school and have a criminal record...and, of course, become more violent. And yet we continue to subsidize this type of parenting with our supposedly well intentioned social welfare programs."

So, what is your suggestion? Don't help people? That's the exact reason why in the grand ole US of A, there are so many problems.

You seem to imply that if you didn't subsidise these terrible "African American" people, it would solve the problem. Quite naïve, and sad.

What do you think happens to crime levels, when you completely turn your back on them (i.e people who genuinely need assistance)? It is much less costly to subsidise, than to let the crime get more out of hand.

And as a retired teacher, you must certainly must be aware that just because an African American sits in the same class as "white" kids, he/she certainly DOES NOT (necessarily) receive the same quality of education.

The US has a problem with guns, but it also has a problem with prejudice, and shitty attitudes about the "out" groups (one of them being the African American community), which has been probably the main out group of choice for you lot, which YOU ALSO CREATED FOR YOURSELVES (hint: their origins in "your" place, begin with SLAVERY).

AND, the typical view of mental illness in the US (especially depression) as being down to some kind of personal choice, also limits your chances of solving problems in society caused by mental illness. But hey, it actually works for you guys with your "for profits" private prisons.

Many people in prison in the US have undiagnosed/ignored mental problems, but why fix that, because they are also the highest group of re-offenders, and hence, return to their little box, to make more profits.

You would perhaps do well to look at studies done outside of Amaricuh, that focus on Amaricuh, rather than read the biased ones that serve some higher agenda, from your own "people". You might be surprised what you can learn from such studies, that aren't mere pandering for some lobby group (hint: start with the topic of the NRA).

Oh, and did you know, the prison workers union (whatever its name) is one of the largest, richest and most powerful, in your fine land?
+
Bsmith
post 8.Sep.2019, 11:44 AM
Post #52

The single parent household trend is highest among African Americans but rising steadily in other races as well. Social programs which increase the amount of money that you receive with each child encourages this social phenomenon. This and other social welfare programs such as free housing, food, and cash payments results in a dependency on the government and a general degradation of society. Since the 60's, when many of these programs have originated, over 22 trillion dollars have been spent on the "war on poverty". Poverty numbers, despite all this investment, have not decreased...in fact they have actually increased. Imagine instead if this money had been invested in infrastructure, education, R and D (especially in the areas of alternative energy) where we might be. An investment is a strong economy and jobs would help people to stand on their own.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 8.Sep.2019, 01:35 PM
Post #53

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 1.Sep.2019, 08:50 PM) *
Living in the Greasy Meatball was the worst experience of my life. I will only ever return to close my bank account once Meatballian crowns cease being reported as "junk ... (show full quote)

I recently met a couple who had been in sweden for more than 10 years and tired of this cult like culture they have decided to move back to their country of origin.

I asked them why when they had a secured job in sweden and even bought and apartment and their answer is precisely what you are pointing out. Sweden is a country that shows an image to the world that is not accurate in the day by day life.

1 Million people are waiting for apartments in sweden but the swedish establishment instead promotes a girl Greta thunberg as a world wide self proclaimed savior. For what?. To rewrite history and make a swede take ownership of the green movement?.
Nobody knows the 1 million queue for rentals in sweden but the swedish establishment has made sure she is on most major international news papers as the new savior!. How evil! Really, how evil, shielding themselves by using a girl!.
https://omni.se/storstadernas-bostadsko-nar...miljon/a/qL7Jqe

Sweden says it's a country of peace but they are among top 5 arms exporters to third world countries.

They say sweden is an equal country but then 5% of natives are unemployed vs 15% of foreigners. If I apply for a job in sweden it's very common that companies ask for my date of birth and even gender. So how isn't that segregation?.

The price to pay for full integration in sweden is way too high. It means behaving like a robot and having no soul. That's why so many foreigners see swedes as fake or lacking of spontaneous behavior.

Sweden by itself is a contradiction. A country pretending to be more open and honest and better than the rest but in reality they are not. They hide something else deep inside their culture. Their elitism, their aristocracy like mindset, believing that somehow they are superior in any regard when the reality is they are a monopolistic country afraid of foreigners. The use their "nordic" brand to deceive the world that somehow they are more trustworthy but in reality they are taking advantage of that.

Do you really want to know what lays at the bottom of this country?. Pay attention because it's the opposite than light. But they are pros at using a girl for their purposes and keeping at straight face while doing it. That's the swedish "honesty"

Now sweden is in full overprotective mode and I have met people who tell me they cannot find a job in sweden unless they are fluent in swedish, despite this country being bilingual. I have met people who had traveled all over the world and had many jobs in countries where English wasn't their native language and they had told me that they were shocked to see how overprotective swedish employers are by avoiding hiring foreigners who don't speak swedish. Even when applying to low end jobs, it is almost impossible unless you speak perfect swedish. Other countries in which English is second language are not as difficult to find work, but sweden knows how to play their deception game, pretending to be opened when the reality is the opposite.

Then the rental market is worst than ever and I have also heard people who cannot secure an apartment for more than 6 months.

But the elites that have been supporting sweden abroad as an example to follow maybe they have as dark as the soul that inhabits this country. A country more obsessed with being the center of the universe no matter if they have to use a 16 year old girl to their long term goals.

No thanks I don't want to integrate into the swedish culture. I want to have a soul.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 8.Sep.2019, 04:19 PM
Post #54

Are you still there(Sweden)??? laugh.gif
+
Gjeebes
post 9.Sep.2019, 03:13 PM
Post #55

"Social programs which increase the amount of money that you receive with each child encourages this social phenomenon."

Sounds pretty dubious to me, do you have any proof of this, or just your take? I will take it it is the latter.

People on social benefits aren't living the high-life by any means, so I highly doubts receiving say 600 $ a month, is much more incentive than 400 $ per month.

And in any case, you cleanly ignored the group of elephants in the room, which I addressed.

Seems to me, your take is just the creation of your agenda.

Additionally, there is actually a smart way to do welfare. But I don't think you are open to that as a Yank who pays relatively nothing for taxes.

There are of course people who abuse any system possible, and fuck it up for everyone else, but there are genuine cases that would do well to receive assistance in times of need. Not as a permanent solution, only temporarily with the end game being they get where they need to go, rather than getting comfortable sitting down, with hand extended out.

Perhaps you should visit one of those Vietnam Vet centres, to come down off your cloud. Quite a shame that the ones that died seem to be better off those who fought (for nothing), and lived.
+
Bsmith
post 9.Sep.2019, 03:20 PM
Post #56

The smart way to do welfare is to have it only last for a period of time, perhaps 6 months to a year and not be able to be taken again for several years. There should be a public service component attached to it and an educational component as well. And drug testing. Welfare should be a hand up not a hand out.
+
djmarko
post 18.Sep.2019, 12:31 PM
Post #57

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 7.Sep.2019, 01:35 PM) *
There are indeed many factors, or root causes for the uptick in violence in today's youth. Kids of today are exposed to a lot more graphic violence on TV, movies, video g ... (show full quote)

does this explain why the highest amounts of mass murders through shootings in the US are carried out by races other than African-Americans? all the recent mass murders have been carried out by people who come from good homes i suppose? or grew up with both parents around?
+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: