The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Personal Trainer - requirements

What type of qualifications do Swedish PTs need

gr8b8m8
post 19.Aug.2019, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Hello all,

My girlfriend (Finnish national) may move to Lund next summer for work and I'll likely try and join her (British national). Currently I'm in the process of gaining a typical UK Personal Training L3 qualification. This is by no means a necessity if working freelance as PT is not a protected title but typically gym employers would require it. Having had a look at some job postings it seems that Swedish gyms prefer SAFE qualified PTs but obviously undergoing that training right now is not possible. I'm more focused on doing self-employed work so I just wanted to know if there's a qualification common/required among the field in Sweden/would my UK one be seen as credible enough.

I'm aware that doing this is unlikely to bring in large amounts of money but I've got a copywriting job I do from home and my girlfriend will be on a good salary so it's not a big problem if business is slow.

Tack så mycket
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 19.Aug.2019, 01:56 PM
Post #2

It might be irrelevant. As you won't have eu migration for employment rights? It's all still guesswork of course, but you might need to apply for a work visa etc..
+
gr8b8m8
post 19.Aug.2019, 03:09 PM
Post #3

My understanding is that as my girlfriend, who I currently live with, has the right to reside in Sweden, it means I'll be able to apply for a residence card. As per the information here https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...U-citizens.html
+
skogsbo
post 19.Aug.2019, 03:57 PM
Post #4

The link is for eu citizdns. Which really depends on the deal.
+
gr8b8m8
post 19.Aug.2019, 11:33 PM
Post #5

Apologies, I copied the wrong link https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...U-citizens.html

I fully expect to leave with no deal at this point so it'll be non-EU ahoy sadly.
+
skogsbo
post 20.Aug.2019, 05:54 AM
Post #6

You will only get one if they are happy that you earn enough to support yourselves and you can prove you have been together a while. Etc. So keep any documentation you have now. Also you can't apply until your partner has a personal number and address. I'd start saving some cash now, stack the odds in your favour.

About 90% of this forums traffic is folk asking about visas and permits. It's not because it's easy, simple and everyone is accepted.

Good luck.
+
gr8b8m8
post 20.Aug.2019, 09:30 AM
Post #7

Ah okay thanks for the info. My partner would be earning around 400,000kr a year so I don't know if that constitutes enough or not. We've been living together since last September and I've documents to show that so I'll ensure I keep hold of those.

I already have a personummer as I lived in Stockholm previously if that makes any difference.
+
skogsbo
post 20.Aug.2019, 11:02 AM
Post #8

It will help greatly as proving wealth and that it's a guenine relationship are the key factors.

Whilst technically you'd be the same as a Thai partner/bride on paper, I doubt they would look as critically at an application from a British guy.
+
Svedallas
post 24.Aug.2019, 03:02 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (gr8b8m8 @ 19.Aug.2019, 12:21 PM) *
Hello all,My girlfriend (Finnish national) may move to Lund next summer for work and I'll likely try and join her (British national). Currently I'm in the process of g ... (show full quote)

You will need to get certified to be a PT which is usually conducted in Swedish.
I am yet to meet a PT who only speaks English. But maybe it depends on the city.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: