The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Proud to be British?

*Wolfie*
post 20.Apr.2006, 10:01 AM
Post #1

Then you've obviously forgotten about 'The Sun' and the people who read it. Here they are humiliating us in front of the world again.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4923906.stm
'I'm Big in the Bumdestag'?
I mean, honestly!
:oops: :oops:
Go to the top of the page
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 20.Apr.2006, 10:03 AM
Post #2

Let's hope the German press responds with naked photos of Cherie Blair. Phwoaaaaarrrr.
+
Eciym
post 20.Apr.2006, 10:25 AM
Post #3

The naked crazy frog!! (she does look like the crazy frog (oh yes she does (seriously (I'm not joking )))) RRRRRRIINGGG DA DING DING DING DING DING DAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH TOOOOOOONNNNNYYYYYYYYYY

A great head line for that would be "Caught in the Blair!"
+
*David OL*
post 20.Apr.2006, 10:37 AM
Post #4

Well, you'd have to ask 'Proud to be Swedish' as well. The arse photo was published in the Stockholm metro a couple of days ago... If you want to see Merkel's arse flap, go to: www.metro.se
+
The Filth
post 20.Apr.2006, 10:48 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Wolfie)
Then you've obviously forgotten about 'The Sun' and the people who read it. Here they are humiliating us in front of the world again.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4923906.stm
'I'm Big in the Bumdestag'?
I mean, honestly!
:oops: :oops:

We love it!!

The response from Das Bild ... "where does this hatred come from...?" try two world wars meine freunde.

The british have every right to mock the germans for as long as it is that Germany was the last country to threatan to invade britain. Indeed, for as long as millions of british soldiers died defending their nation from the hun. The fact the british are so good humoured about the whole affair is testament to their good character.

The British have a particularly peculiar concept of irony, as odd as the darker and more prophetic french notion. People would do well to remember this before passing judgement on a nation of Sun readers.
+
Alice Is Back
post 20.Apr.2006, 10:58 AM
Post #6

the brits seem to think they have the right to mock the Americans, the Swedes, the Icelanders, and on a good day the Singaporeans. But don't anybody dare claim the London tube is old and crowded, then the wrath of all the islanders will beseech you
+
Alice Is Back
post 20.Apr.2006, 11:01 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (The Filth)
The british have every right to mock the germans for as long as it is that Germany was the last country to threatan to invade britain.

The Americans have every right to mock the Brits for as long as it is that Britland was the last country to invade the US.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 20.Apr.2006, 11:03 AM
Post #8

If invading and killing the natives is the criteria then half the world has the right to take the p1ss out of the Brits.
+
*David OL*
post 20.Apr.2006, 11:04 AM
Post #9

...and the Yanks!
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 20.Apr.2006, 11:05 AM
Post #10

I think Britain's war-mongering over the years p1sses on America's. Although we've had a lot longer to build up our history and they're certrainly doing their best to catch up.
+
*Wolfie*
post 20.Apr.2006, 11:14 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (The Filth)
We love it!!

The response from Das Bild ... "where does this hatred come from...?" try two world wars meine freunde.

The british have every right to mock the germans for as long as it is that Germany was the last country to threatan to invade britain. Indeed, for as long as millions of british soldiers died defending their nation from the hun. The fact the british are so good humoured about the whole affair is testament to their good character.

The British have a particularly peculiar concept of irony, as odd as the darker and more prophetic french notion. People would do well to remember this before passing judgement on a nation of Sun readers.

Is this ripped from 'The Sun Says...'?
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 20.Apr.2006, 11:24 AM
Post #12

The Sun Says "prophetic"? I doubt it somehow, it's got three syllables and it's spelt funny.
+
The Filth
post 20.Apr.2006, 11:25 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Wolfie)
Is this ripped from 'The Sun Says...'?

Lol

no, i didnt get my copy today.

sad.gif
+
The Filth
post 20.Apr.2006, 11:40 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Aaron_in_berlin)
the brits seem to think they have the right to mock the Americans, the Swedes, the Icelanders, and on a good day the Singaporeans. But don't anybody dare claim the London tube is old and crowded, then the wrath of all the islanders will beseech you

what nonesense. The british like no better than to mock themselves, any self respecting Sun reader knows that. Criticism of the tube and rail is a national pastime.

That having been said, foreign criticism often meets with hostility because it is often seen as being misinformed, informed context being the mother of all irony.
+
The Filth
post 20.Apr.2006, 11:42 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (VikingHumpingWitch)
If invading and killing the natives is the criteria then half the world has the right to take the p1ss out of the Brits.

yep.
+

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: