The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9   Reply to this topic

Proud to be British?

Alice Is Back
post 25.Apr.2006, 04:35 PM
Post #121

like euro 1996 laugh.gif laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 25.Apr.2006, 04:42 PM
Post #122

Or Italia 90.
+
Nuname
post 25.Apr.2006, 04:49 PM
Post #123

That still hurts. However I expect we'll do them in their own back yard this year, (again).
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 25.Apr.2006, 04:52 PM
Post #124

Yes I think you're right - who was it (some German football legend, like Beckenbauer or someone) who said of their Eure 04 team that you could put them all in a sack and punch it randomly, and with the exception of Lehman, whoever you hit would deserve it? My favourite football quote ever, that.
+
Nuname
post 25.Apr.2006, 05:11 PM
Post #125

biggrin.gif

Mine's from Big Ron.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat."
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 25.Apr.2006, 10:46 PM
Post #126

QUOTE (VikingHumpingWitch)
Speak for yourself, Espen. I have better things to do with my time than spend it hating Germans for a war that happened before they or I were born.

You can read, but do you understand what I say!??
I do speak for myself, and never said anything else...
hmmm... you're a fully intergrated swede, I guess. Have you experienced ANY consequenses after WW2!??
Some people have and still does...
+
Benzed
post 26.Apr.2006, 04:10 AM
Post #127

I`m not sure what Lehmann did in Euro2004 to earn plaudits, unless his conservation of forests by staying schtum on the bench is admirable. Ballack was the sack hero if I recall.

VHW`S husband agreed with me that Germans are only good for mocking, by the way!

And tonight proved MY point that Jens Lehmann is above all reproach, a heroic Kraut if I ever saw one.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 26.Apr.2006, 09:07 AM
Post #128

QUOTE (Espen (aka Playboy))
Europe will never forget WW2 and the German hostage attacks.

Speaking for all Europe there, boy.

Having listened in person to a Benzed Kraut-rant, I have to agree that there is great comedy value in knocking the Germans. I just can't seriously dislike them myself.

Forgive my ailing memory. Last night's match was great fun though, how's the head today Ben?
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 26.Apr.2006, 01:51 PM
Post #129

QUOTE (VikingHumpingWitch)
Speaking for all Europe there, boy.

Having listened in person to a Benzed Kraut-rant, I have to agree that there is great comedy value in knocking the Germans. I just can't seriously dislike them myself.

Forgive my ailing memory. Last night's match was great fun though, how's the head today Ben?

But thats an established fact even in Germany. Do you want people to forget WW2? I think it's something to learn for future generations, Girl... biggrin.gif
I don't think you should hate the Germans, but to me I really don't care about them. Germans should be happy... The Britts makes fun of them, because they still care a little bit... biggrin.gif
+
Benzed
post 26.Apr.2006, 03:21 PM
Post #130

The scone`s fine, joy can overcome the greatest pain... !
+

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: