The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

'Pirate Bay judge not biased' says court

Despite being a member of pro-copyright groups

Nemesis
post 9.Jun.2009, 10:25 AM
Post #16

He was biased, that was a simple fact. He was a member of an organisation involved in the proceedings.
The plaintiffs, can now take both the judge and the court hearing this to the European Court of Justice and the European COurt of Human Rights.
I do believe the pirate bay was facilitating criminal action, but a biased judge is not justice, a biased judge is a kangaroo court. There is no place for a biased judge in any European court of law in any country.
That is why I support a retrial, as justice has to be seen to be done. Due to a biased judge justice has obviously not been done, which is why I now support them being released.
Go to the top of the page
+
Britswedeguy
post 9.Jun.2009, 01:20 PM
Post #17

So if I join the Swedish Nazi Party I could still judge asylum seeker's appeals? It's the same broken logic.
Sweden - see what happens if you elect Conservatives?
+
Beavis
post 9.Jun.2009, 10:28 PM
Post #18

I heard the bookies are offering the same odds of this juge not being biased as they are of the pope being a muslim fundementalist, or of Sweden winning the eurovision with a drag queen
+
*Guest*
post 11.Jun.2009, 04:47 AM
Post #19

System One: Corrupt individuals in a Monarchy.
System Two: Corrupt individuals in a Democracy.
System Three: You persecuted us for opposing your system.
We made our own.
|
And it's time to fight for it, to stand up for what we believe is right.
System 3 Company is a non-profit organization dedicated to freedom of information, freedom of speech, and privacy. Join in if you want.
[email protected]
+
Puffin
post 11.Jun.2009, 06:44 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (Nemesis @ 9.Jun.2009, 11:25 AM) *
He was biased, that was a simple fact. He was a member of an organisation involved in the proceedings.The plaintiffs, can now take both the judge and the court hearing this to ... (show full quote)

You seem to have completely missed the fact that this was NOT a decision in the appeal!

This was merely the Court of Appeal asking for a statement from the District Criminal Court that selected Nordström

So HUGE surprise that the court that actually chose the judge didn't think he was biased biggrin.gif
+
*Guest*
post 15.Jun.2009, 02:56 PM
Post #21

I'm sure mr Norström is an excellent human being and all, but let me put it this way: What would the reaction have been if it had been revealed that he was a card carrying member of the pirate party, a contributor to FSF or what have you?
+
Puffin
post 15.Jun.2009, 03:02 PM
Post #22

Then it would be the other side appealing - in any case was Nordström not a bit 2 faced since he dismissed a lay magistrate for possible bias for membership of one of the same organisations that he himslef is a member
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: