The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
35 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »    Reply to this topic

My experience "trying" to move to Sweden

Please god, just end me now

Apache001
post 24.Jul.2018, 09:41 PM
Post #256

@John.boy Wtf do you mean chances of getting HIV is 50% more in Spain, can you provide links to support that. Gonorrhea in Sweden has increased by 20% in the last 6 months, did your brain omit that.
As usual if you identify the ills of this society, you hear shit like nah that’s not true, only people from Stockholm are like that...nah that’s not true it’s a universal problem...nah that’s not true “we are just trying to be polite and not invade your personal space (but once drunk in Ibiza they invade all personal spaces and get in your face)...deception deception deception all the time and then you get the final one “this is how we do it in Sweden”.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170616/gonorrhea-...rease-in-sweden
Go to the top of the page
+
SmokerT69
post 24.Jul.2018, 09:51 PM
Post #257

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 24.Jul.2018, 10:03 PM) *
Hey SmokerT69!Job offer...Good for you and good luck!!!You are a very rare person here, you have written about your long-time problems without saying rotten th ... (show full quote)

Well, I don't hate it here. I've been visiting for 7 years and I'm still planning to live here. Like I've said before, you have to look for the positives. Although I do find some things about Sweden rather strange or absurd. But that could be said for nearly any country.

And, at the end of the day, I can always go back home to Bermuda or the UK, or Canada. It's nice having so many nationalities lol. My wife is well educated and can get a job pretty much anywhere but Bermuda because we don't have any jobs in her field of work. But she also went to university for music, so I guess she could always teach music at a school there. Easy 60-70,000$ a year tax free lol. So we're not really tied down and in a position where we have to make it work here. Only reason we're really here is because she wants our children to grow up around her family.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Jul.2018, 10:16 PM
Post #258

We all approach life in different ways, most of us take our "knocks" in stride and continue on in ways that are beneficial to our selves and those around us...

We all know that those that blame others to look superior and to blame them to hide their failure to cope/adjust are the real losers in life...Everywhere!!!

And so it goes...

P/S: Not here for respect, just comedy!!! laugh.gif
+
Cheeseroller
post 24.Jul.2018, 10:21 PM
Post #259

QUOTE (john.boy @ 24.Jul.2018, 08:28 PM) *
Every European country has it's own issues with housing just now, even Germany.

Bollox. Unless you want to live in Munich or Berlin, pretty much it is easy to find apartments to rent in Germany at a reasonable price. If you are a buyer, its true the prices increase during the last years, after 20 years of stagnation. The wealthy pensioners are buying up property as the bank interest rate is so low.

In our local spa town of 250k population, a 2 bed apartment 80m2 costs around 600€ in the centre. A friend rents a 160m2 (this does not include 80m2 cellar) 5 bedroom new build house in the suburbs for 1400€ per month. A new 120m2 3 bed house costs 250k€.
+
robbie1985
post 25.Jul.2018, 08:34 AM
Post #260

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 24.Jul.2018, 10:06 AM) *
That's very hypocritical given the fact how housing system works in sweden. A well elaborated TRAP. A SCAM, A PYRAMID SCHEME. CORRUPTION.

I don't think you know what 'hypocritical' means.

You have clearly already identified that life is better in Spain, and dismissed another user's argument that it isn't (without presenting any facts to dispute theirs), so why not move back?
+
Cheeseroller
post 25.Jul.2018, 08:46 AM
Post #261

Actually he has a good point. When I moved to Sweden in 1998, we bought a 2-bed apartment 40 minutes from Stockholm with a sea view for 180,000:-. The previous owner had bought new in 1994 for 100,000:-.

The same apartment today would sell for more than 3M:-.

Sweden used to have a housing policy that enabled anyone to buy an apartment at a low price. Of course, these apartments were really owned by the BRF (housing association), who bought the property from the developer and pay the mortgage plus maintenance costs.

But during the early 2000's, the property developers lobbied the government to restrict access to land, to increase property prices and profits.

Now you have the ridiculous situation that many new builds around Stockholm cost 5M and up, plus they have a BRF monthly fee of 8000:- and more.
+
SmokerT69
post 25.Jul.2018, 01:12 PM
Post #262

Well, this has been an interesting day. I went to Skatteverket in my town, but they are closed for the summer. So I had to do the Gävle one instead. Waited in queue and then explained that I have a job offer and need a personnummer so I can get the job. She told me that I can't have one unless the job is for longer than a year... I explained to her that hardly anyone is going to give you a job for a year plus. Most jobs bring you in for a 3 month probation period before they even decide to keep you or not. She was confused by the fact that I've been in Sweden for over a year. I tried explaining everything to her but she didn't seem to understand and passed me off to someone else. I waited around until the new women had time to talk to me, unfortunately, she doesn't speak any english. So she sent me to another women who told me I need to get national insurance and do a bunch of other things...

I wasn't falling into that trap, I explained to the new lady that I simply needed a personnummer to start working and that I was a EU citizen and by law I'm allowed to work here. She then told me a I need a work visa and a bunch of other stuff. We argued for a bit and she passed me off to another person.

This guy was actually helpful. He explained to me that I've been going about this the wrong way. And that I don't even need a personnummer to work in Sweden. Imagine my surprise now lol. I've been trying to get a personnummer for well over a year because I've been told time and time again that I have to have one to work. Employers have refused to hire me because I don't have one. He said because I'm a EU citizen, I can just get a "coordination number". So all I have to do is put in paperwork for preliminary taxes, form "4402". Once I've submitted that, it can take up to 2 months to be processed but I don't even need to have it to work. All my employer has to do is take out the correct percentage of tax for my area, which I think is 33%. If I don't have my "coordination number" by the time my first pay check comes, he takes out an extra 10%. But if it's not needed, I receive it back in May when I do my taxes. He also said something about the employer will receive a tax break for hiring me because I'm a EU citizen and not Swedish.

So I'm going to fill out these forms and submit them now. Jesus Christ, what a nightmare the Swedish tax agency is.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 25.Jul.2018, 02:20 PM
Post #263

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 25.Jul.2018, 02:12 PM) *
Well, this has been an interesting day. I went to Skatteverket in my town, but they are closed for the summer. So I had to do the Gävle one instead. Waited in queue and then ... (show full quote)

Buddy, this is the samordningsnummer... The coordination number... I mentioned this to you, for you to look into and solve your problem of employment/ personnummer. I don't remember what post but somewhere in this thread a while ago, weeks ago.

I'm sorry, but why the fuck do you come to a forum, ppost your story, people offer you suggestions... Like getting a samordningsnummer instead of ppersonxnunmer since you are an eu citizen, and then you do nothing about your situation...like make a phone call and find out about this coordination number like someone suggested.

And it's not like you missed the post when I told you about it because you responded back asking what it was since you never heard about it.

I'm going back to reading all this dumbass stuff rather than interacting.

Pepito... Make money here, don't focus on anythings else, and get back to Spain as soon as you can when you have enough money to ride out the times of unemployment in Spain... Knowing that you'll get more money sometime. And chill the fuck out. You're just fueling your anger posting on this forum. That isn't good for you.
+
bonviveur
post 25.Jul.2018, 02:34 PM
Post #264

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 25.Jul.2018, 02:12 PM) *
Well, this has been an interesting day. I went to Skatteverket in my town, but they are closed for the summer. So I had to do the Gävle one instead. Waited in queue and then ... (show full quote)

it is easy to get coordination number, just go to arbetformedlingen and ask, they must assist you in getting one, but beware coordination number does not earn you any pension, you will be like a commuter coming to work from another country, in another words skatteverket will collect tax from your earnings for nothing, you will not be entitled to any future benefits in sweden
+
SmokerT69
post 25.Jul.2018, 02:42 PM
Post #265

QUOTE (bonviveur @ 25.Jul.2018, 03:34 PM) *
it is easy to get coordination number, just go to arbetformedlingen and ask, they must assist you in getting one, but beware coordination number does not earn you any pension, ... (show full quote)

Yea, I looked online and I only have to pay 22% tax. Still extremely high lol. But much less than what my wife pays. As of right now they will not give me a personummer so this is really my only option until I get my residence permit in 15 months estimated waiting time. Already been waiting for a year and I'm getting bored so I'd rather work lol
+
SmokerT69
post 25.Jul.2018, 02:50 PM
Post #266

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 25.Jul.2018, 03:20 PM) *
Buddy, this is the samordningsnummer... The coordination number... I mentioned this to you, for you to look into and solve your problem of employment/ personnummer. I don' ... (show full quote)

Except I did ask about this before and they told me it was only of if I was from outside the EU. And that I couldn't use it to go to SFI. That I needed a personummer, which I then found out was a lie. I was only following skattsverkets advice and assumed that they would know better as it's there job. This coordination number still basically cucks me and I can only use it to work temporary. For up to 6 months if I understand correctly. After that I still need to get a personummer. But hey, at least it's something. Not sure if it's going to work either as it wants me to give them an exact date when I'm leaving Sweden. Which I'm not, I'm living here.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 25.Jul.2018, 03:15 PM
Post #267

The word...nightmare...does come to mind!!!
+
Gjeebes
post 26.Jul.2018, 05:56 AM
Post #268

"And that I don't even need a personnummer to work in Sweden. Imagine my surprise now lol. I've been trying to get a personnummer for well over a year because I've been told time and time again that I have to have one to work."

Isn't it like 60% of tax revenue in Sweden, goes directly to government workers salaries? It is something ridiculously high anyway. But none of these idiots are required to perform their duties with any kind of effectiveness. There is no oversight. The more you fuck up in your job, the less anyone cares. It's the Swedish model! A nation of pampered numptys!

Swedes are the last to know and understand anything about their own convoluted system.They are simply not up to the task. So, I'd bet 10 greasy meatballs, you can go tell any employer you don't need the pn, and they will not quite understand, and you will not get the job, in the Nordic region's multi-culti yet absolute mono-culture wonderland.
+
SmokerT69
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:14 AM
Post #269

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 26.Jul.2018, 06:56 AM) *
"And that I don't even need a personnummer to work in Sweden. Imagine my surprise now lol. I've been trying to get a personnummer for well over a year because I&# ... (show full quote)

It's similar in my country, the government is actually the largest employer in the country. The difference is that we don't pay taxes XD. Well, not as you guys do here. We pay 5% payroll tax if your in a private business and your pension, government workers don't pay anything. We're a tax haven, so it's supported by banks and large businesses like Bacardi that have their HQs there.

But our government workers are actually very good. I've had to do tons of paper work with them over the last few years. When my wife moved there and we got married and when we had our child. They were very helpful as long as you were nice and polite. Make sure you say good morning or good afternoon to everyone you talk too lol. But most visits to the government offices were 5-10 minute affairs, and everything was done. Wait 1-6 weeks and you would receive everything in the mail. They will actually get you the correct forms and fill them out for you so that there's no mistakes. They explain everything to you as they're doing it and what will happen when the forms are submitted.
+
bonviveur
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:33 AM
Post #270

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 26.Jul.2018, 12:14 PM) *
It's similar in my country, the government is actually the largest employer in the country. The difference is that we don't pay taxes XD. Well, not as you guys do here ... (show full quote)

If I was you would try to convince wife to move in to your place, parents always can fly and visit if they want, no need to sacrify anything to fit other peoples wishes, it is your,your wife and your child life.
Make a list of pluses and minuses of both countrys and compare, sweden is not and never been best place to live for expats, it is only famous for handouts to asylum seekers, good luck mate
+

35 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: