The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Buying a new pet

Wanted to know how can someone buy or adopt a pet

Y-AK
post 14.Aug.2018, 07:06 PM
Post #1

Hello, I moved to Sweden about a year and half ago and I’ve lived in Göteborg.
My family and I have finally decided to get a pet dog. Doesn’t matter what breed it Is. and I was just wondering what places can someone adopt or buy a dog. And if possible what are the requirements and things such as needed to get s dog.
Thank you for reading this thread and your help will be very appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 14.Aug.2018, 08:28 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Y-AK @ 14.Aug.2018, 06:06 PM) *
Hello, I moved to Sweden about a year and half ago and I’ve lived in Göteborg.My family and I have finally decided to get a pet dog. Doesn’t matter what breed it Is. and ... (show full quote)

https://www.google.se/search?q=adopterar+et...me&ie=UTF-8
+
Moonchild
post 18.Aug.2018, 08:16 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Y-AK @ 14.Aug.2018, 08:06 PM) *
My family and I have finally decided to get a pet dog. Doesn’t matter what breed it Is.

I'm sorry but if you don't care what breed a dog is, then you probably need to think carefully about whether you should get one. There are many breeds that require specific lifestyles and surroundings to work in, and it'd be bad for both the pet and your family to get something that doesn't match.

That very critical note aside:
and I was just wondering what places can someone adopt or buy a dog. And if possible what are the requirements and things such as needed to get s dog.
Thank you for reading this thread and your help will be very appreciated.

I'd prioritize adopting over buying a puppy. You can find individual advertisements on e.g. blocket.se, or using as suggested above one of the adoption sites in Sweden. There are no real dog pounds to speak of, but maybe you can find a local shelter.
+
Y-AK
post 20.Aug.2018, 10:35 PM
Post #4

[code][/code]
QUOTE (Moonchild @ 18.Aug.2018, 09:16 AM) *
I'm sorry but if you don't care what breed a dog is, then you probably need to think carefully about whether you should get one. There are many breeds that require spe ... (show full quote)

I see your concern about me saying I don’t care what type of breed.
And I thank you for that but I just want to point out that I meant it for the excitement of getting a dog whatever dog it is.
Also I really like big dogs that are active and nice such as a German Shepard, Husky or a Pitpull.

Also I do also prefer adopting a dog and I actually recommend a lot of people to adopt instead of buying but I am saying if there’s no adoption choice then I wouldn’t mind buying a dog either.

Thank you for your help and concern ^^
+
alexandratanon1116@yahoo....
post 23.Aug.2018, 11:16 AM
Post #5

check out hundarutanhem.se We adopted a large lurcher/irish wolfhound mix in march and it was the best decision we made smile.gif

https://hundarutanhem.se/hundar/
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: