The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

1st hand contract & financing it

Where to look and how to pay for one

thejkr
post 7.May.2010, 09:42 PM
Post #1

Hi all,

Just wondering - if one wanted to buy a first hand contract what is the 'average' price, what have you paid and if you want to buy one (to avoid the queue system here) where would one go to look for one? Finally, what do you tell the bank when seeking financing if you actually do find a first hand contract for sale?

thanks in advance. Have a great weekend/
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 7.May.2010, 10:15 PM
Post #2

It is illegal to buy a first hand contract

Be very carefule as there are many con artists that take your money and disappear or try to sell rights for flats that they don't even have
+
Marmi
post 7.May.2010, 10:23 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Puffin @ 7.May.2010, 11:15 PM) *
It is illegal to buy a first hand contract...

Actually, it's illegal to SELL a 1st hand contract, but it's not illegal to buy. A little twisted, but that's the case. smile.gif
+
Marmi
post 7.May.2010, 10:27 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (thejkr @ 7.May.2010, 10:42 PM) *
Hi all,Just wondering - if one wanted to buy a first hand contract what is the 'average' price, what have you paid and if you want to buy one (to avoid the queue syste ... (show full quote)

The way it usually works is that you do an apartment swap - you have an apartment, and you swap it for the one you're buying the 1st hand contract for. The seller takes your swap, keeps it for however long the canceling time is.

I've know people who've got the first best apartment they've been able to get a 1st hand contract for, to use it in a swap for a 1st hand contract that is for sale.

Sorry if it sounds a little complicated, but that's basically how it works. When it comes to a bank loan for this kind of transaction I think you're out of luck, these things are usually handled in cash. smile.gif
+
thejkr
post 7.May.2010, 10:39 PM
Post #5

thank you for the replies.

how can you tell if someone has the right to sell a first hand contract?

How do you get in touch with people selling first hand contracts?

What if you tell the bank the loan is for something else - personal loan for a holiday etc?
+
Marmi
post 7.May.2010, 10:48 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (thejkr @ 7.May.2010, 11:39 PM) *
thank you for the replies.. how can you tell if someone has the right to sell a first hand contract?...

You can't, cause it's not legal to sell 1st hand contracts! That's where the swapping comes in, the purchase is kind of hidden in the swap.

How do you find 1st hand contracts for sale? I really don't know, word of mouth I guess. smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: