The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

SKY TV viewing

Is it going to work

Gordy
post 12.Feb.2014, 08:50 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (rentz @ 11.Feb.2014, 03:32 PM) *
Could you give some directions? I've setup an account with hola, but I can't seem to find the settings for DNS, only plugins for the browsers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just installed the plug in for Chrome and then watch iPlayer full screen. You have to use it with a browser, you cannot install it on your router.
I have a fanless PC running Windows 8 hooked up to my TV.
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 12.Feb.2014, 09:24 AM
Post #17

Use this. Just pick the channel that has watch and enjoy

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/default.asp?thisday=&thisTime=
+
Rick Methven
post 12.Feb.2014, 11:48 AM
Post #18

I have TV guide on my Nexus tablet and can watch all the UK channels live. Currently I am using Filmon on a pc coupled to the TV to watch BBC/ITV in the evenings when they are not viewable on freesat. The problem is that you can not record programs. Yesterday ITV HD went down around 19:00 but ITV1+1 was still good so I recorded Emmerdale on that channel for the missus. She just tried to watch it and said that it went off after about 10 minutes. If she can not have her daily fix of Emmerdale that she has been addicted to for the past 25 years, life in our house is going to be bad. angry.gif

I am hoping that the new 150cm dish that should come next week should help.
+
Ivor stephé
post 12.Feb.2014, 12:04 PM
Post #19

Wrong again.

Having just had a look and tried it out, filmon does let you record.
You can do this directly to a local hardrive for free, or to a cloud based hard drive for a fee.

http://www.filmon.com/download/hdi
+
Ivor stephé
post 12.Feb.2014, 12:06 PM
Post #20

TV guide appears to just stream filmon content.
+
Rick Methven
post 12.Feb.2014, 04:36 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Ivor steph? @ 12.Feb.2014, 12:04 PM) *
Wrong again.Having just had a look and tried it out, filmon does let you record.You can do this directly to a local hardrive for free, or to a cloud based hard drive for a fee ... (show full quote)

Yes you are wrong as usual Ivor the big mouthed idiot.
You have to pay to record a program and heavily on top of the ?9.95 montly fee. Plus you can not schedule to program a series or record one channel while watching another.
+
Ivor stephé
post 12.Feb.2014, 05:03 PM
Post #22

Wrong again laugh.gif

Filmon users can record content for free, by downloading it to their hard drive.
Maybe find a person who knows how to use a computer and I am sure they can show you how to do it.
+
Rick Methven
post 12.Feb.2014, 07:51 PM
Post #23

Ivor arsehole,
I have been using computers before your daddy was a twinkle in his daddies drunken eyes. And have been writing computer programs for 40 years professionaly.

As usual you make completely unfounded claims without even your usual cut and past links.
+
Ivor stephé
post 12.Feb.2014, 08:17 PM
Post #24

laugh.gif

You must be a computer master, especially if you can't even work out how to record a show on film on, when there is a huge red button. laugh.gif
+
rentz
post 12.Feb.2014, 11:31 PM
Post #25

A lot of good suggestions indeed. None has been as smooth as just changing the DNS on your router though, so I went out to find a free replacement to Overplay and I have a candidate: www.smartdnsproxy.com
I've only tried it for a couple of hours, but it seems to be working just fine.
+
Hallsta
post 7.Oct.2014, 11:16 AM
Post #26

Has anyone got a UK picture via sat dish?

I have a 115 dish with no uk tv except sky news.

Is a 155cm dish worth all the money??
+
intrepidfox
post 7.Oct.2014, 11:31 AM
Post #27

QUOTE (Hallsta @ 7.Oct.2014, 11:16 AM) *
Has anyone got a UK picture via sat dish?. I have a 115 dish with no uk tv except sky news.. Is a 155cm dish worth all the money??

It depends on where you live. On the west coast i need at least 130cm. A member on TL that lives in Link
+
Essingen55
post 7.Oct.2014, 05:13 PM
Post #28

Has Filmon died? I can't get my ipad app to work at all.
+
intrepidfox
post 7.Oct.2014, 06:54 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Essingen55 @ 7.Oct.2014, 05:13 PM) *
Has Filmon died? I can't get my ipad app to work at all.

No. Just checked, working ok
+
Hisingen
post 7.Oct.2014, 08:14 PM
Post #30

A small thing I noted the other day - that was that the BBC are looking at ways to plugging the loophole whereby people have been able to download programmes from iPlayer onto their tablets - without having the need of a TV licence.
Not having a tablet myself, it has never, nor will, affect me, but no doubt some of you reading this will find the news disturbing. Plugging the loophole will undoubtedly be done some way at source.

I might add that currently, with heavy cloud and rain, most transmissions from Astra 2E and 2F - the UK beam - are not coming in - BBC, ITV, Channels 4 & 5 and associated.
Who knows, maybe the wind is blowing the signals off course rolleyes.gif

On the other hand, transmissions from Astra 2A and Eutelsat 28A, the other satellites at 28.2
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: